PS5 performance of the trilogy?

Quink666

29 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

So since there’s no PS5 version of this trilogy I’m wondering if there are any perks for playing it on PS5? 60fps?

Also how hard are the 3 platinums for someone who only played Crysis 1? 

I can't say anything about 3 as I'm not there yet but I finished 1 last night and started 2. 1 was piss easy with the camo on, the off, headshot, then back on tactic to preserve energy (enemies are way too dumb in 1 minus the aliens and that final boss).

I didn't see a ray tracing option on 2 which is fine because it looks good enough to me but it's way harder than one. For me it's mostly due to checkpoints being spread out more than usual. I suppose also because I have yet to unlock any upgrades for guns or my suit lol.

Loving 2 so far though. 

Oh, note, I have only tried the hardest difficulty on both games, I don't want to do multiple plays.

Saving a few trophies per game so I can have 1, 2, and 3 in order of completion on my trophy list.

• Like 2

According to my research the other day, yes, PS5 gives you a solid 60fps experience and Digital Foundry says 2 and 3 run very well on all platforms, especially on new gen.

But, last I heard, the first game had a lot of performance issues on all platforms. I know there was a patch addressing those, but I wasn't able to find any user feedback on that update.

I was thinking of waiting for a discount on the trilogy, but since Crysis 1 might still be latching on to its old meme, I might just take advantage of the PS+ discount on the other games.

Platinums should be easy enough to get, even for newcomers.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I can't say anything about 3 as I'm not there yet but I finished 1 last night and started 2. 

Are either of them 60fps on PS5?

1 minute ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

According to my research the other day, yes, PS5 gives you a solid 60fps experience and Digital Foundry says 2 and 3 run very well on all platforms, especially on new gen.

Platinums should be easy enough to get even for newcomers.

Good to hear it runs at 60fps. I might just skip Crysis 1 since it’s the only one I played a little. But then again I want the full story. But knowing it all runs at 60 I should probably just wait for a sale on the trilogy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

But knowing it all runs at 60 I should probably just wait for a sale on the trilogy. 

I really don't know about Crysis 1 being 60fps. Hope @RoxasOnFire can enlighten us about its performance.

But yeah, 2 and 3 seem to run really great.

Source:

21 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

But then again I want the full story.

You will still be missing some of it:

Crysis-Warhead-Download.jpg

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I really don't know about Crysis 1 being 60fps. Hope @RoxasOnFire can enlighten us about its performance.

Source:

I have no way of checking the fps but it's as smooth as a game that came out when it did could be without mods. If it's not 60fps it's likely damn close. I tried it on my ps4 first and noticed a slight difference in how the animations flowed when I did ps5 and played that like 95% of my run. The game is still dated, but toss on ray tracing and it looked great.

Also I only experienced one crash and it was at the cutscene at the end of chapter one which I worked around by skipping it. 

No idea if 2 is 60fps but it plays so smooth for me I doubt I'd notice otherwise. It definitely doesn't have that stuttering that feels like 40fps that AC Valhalla had on ps4 to ps5. I played em both on my ps5 and the ps5 version was so much smoother.

So long post short lol, 2 plays well enough for me that I'm content with it without thinking it needs a touch up. I still wish there was a ps5 version of the game for trophies sake.

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Spelling
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

Source:

1 is 60fps pretty consistently even with ray tracing on.  All 3 look great and play great now.  Back in May when I did the first one it ran really well.  Didn't run into any bad bugs.

Completed 2 a few weeks ago and it ran great.  Some parts where way easier than 1, some harder.  Just glad the end of 2 wasn't as difficult as 1's final was.  About half way through 3 (just finished mission 3) and it's been the easiest of the three on the hardest difficulty so far.

• 1 month later...

Just started Crysis 1. Playing on PS5 with the physical copy. Within 1 hour, already 2 crashes. Also got stuck between 2 rocks near the beach on mission 1, that forced me to restart the checkpoint. And sometimes the music suddenly stops and it doesn't feel like it's meant to be that way. Last but not least, the game constantly freezes for 1 second everytime I hit a checkpoint. I am worried it crashes while saving, forcing me to restart the entire game/mission. So far I feel like it's one of the laziiiiest "remaster" I have seen. My PS3 emulator runs the original game more smoothly on my laptop .... Yet the guy above me said he had no problem at all on all 3 games so go figure.

58 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

...the game constantly freezes for 1 second everytime I hit a checkpoint...

That seems to happen on every platform as it has to do with the original programming (even more noticeable on older consoles).

There were some reports of crashing during saving, but it never happened to me while playing Crysis 2 (I haven't played much of 3 yet). It's probably safer now after patching.

I skipped the first Crysis remaster because of the online chatter about how it still felt very dated and had a lot of performance issues on every system (it was always a poorly optimized game).

Maybe you'll like 2 and 3 better. They're closer to what you might expect from a current shooter (especially the third one).

Crysis 2 sure runs a lot better on the PS4 than it did on the PS3. The PS5 increased framerate can only make it even smoother.

I played digital version really no issues at all it was quite an enjoyable experience. Got all 3 platinums in one week playing around 5 hours daily. 1st one is the most difficult especially the boss fight it was a lot harder for me then it was on PS3 it took me almost 2 hours to beat him. After that difficulty goes down especially in 3rd one where you can silently kill enemies without breaking stealth with bow, 1st time that I died was at the boss fight. All difficulty trophies stack popped as they should, didn't have to replay anything and it ran at 60 frames smooth as butter the whole time no crashes, and little to almost no loading screen. My 1st thought when I finished was I wish there's more of it.

• Like 1