Excalibur Trophy

Gladiator995

One of the only trophies I have left to get; is there anyway to speed this up? Some extreme mods can’t be applied to the Sword which is a pain.

EDIT: Unlocked this and the platinum. Some words of advice: make you sure get the upgrades for higher chances of detecting mods in all four mod slots. I’d also recommend searching for the red looking sacks on maps which you can drill into to get ahold of resources. If you make a quick save and don’t get the red mods you want from these sacks, you can reload the save to try again.

Edited by Gladiator995
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:16 PM, Gladiator995 said:

One of the only trophies I have left to get; is there anyway to speed this up? Some extreme mods can’t be applied to the Sword which is a pain.

EDIT: Unlocked this and the platinum. Some words of advice: make you sure get the upgrades for higher chances of detecting mods in all four mod slots. I’d also recommend searching for the red looking sacks on maps which you can drill into to get ahold of resources. If you make a quick save and don’t get the red mods you want from these sacks, you can reload the save to try again.

What was your time and how difficult would you say it is? Looks really fun, just a bit expensive for a top down, especially if it's short

9 hours ago, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

What was your time and how difficult would you say it is? Looks really fun, just a bit expensive for a top down, especially if it's short

Took just under a week to platinum and for difficulty I would say a 3/10. Nothing overly difficult with the trophies aside from making sure you plan ahead with the Excalibur one. Just make sure you’ve got your bases defended from all directions though as if you’re underprepared, you’ll have to spend resources building everything up again. For the price, I can’t complain with how much there is to do. I did experience a number of crashes while crafting items but that seems to have been fixed by the most recent patch that was released. I’ll also note that the “Walk in the Park” trophy for completing either the campaign or survival mode did not actually unlock once I’d finished campaign mode! It did unlock when I’d completed a round of survival mode though ?

Edited by Gladiator995

• 3 months later...

For anyone struggling with this trophy and exhausted all the nests, load up your save just before you turn the portal on at the end of the game.

Craft and equip all the gear that increases mod drop rate. Activate the portal and 8 or so Waves of enemies will spawn over 5 mins. Collect everything they drop which may include extreme mods and items that increase your familiarity. When enemies stop coming interrupt the portal cycle (probably around 80/100 at this stage) by removing some of the pipe that provides its resources. It will then cool down for a few minutes. Repeat process. Took me 3 cycles to get my last mod and I believe with the increased familiarity you get better mod drops from enemies. Good luck.

Edited by shoobzwoobz