Worth playing in 2021?

I've been on the fence regarding this one for a pretty long time now. Actually wanted to get it when I first started trophy hunting. I will probably never play the PS2 classics but I've been wanting to try out Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, since it is a stealth series that has always caught my eye.

The online had its issues for a while but it seems to be back up. The multiplayer trophies look pretty self explanatory, and not as complicated as Max Payne 3. Buying or playing a PS3 game at this point in time is a bit of a risk because nothing is safe with PS3 games anymore.

This looks like it will be fun, and Splinter Cell has enough distinctions to separate it from Metal Gear Solid. There are the usual collectibles but they shouldn't be a problem.

Worth buying and playing? Or am I better off skipping this one?

Edited by AJ_Radio

If you can get a copy for cheap I'd pick it up, gameplay is fantastic and very fluid, PS3 hardware holds it back a tad if the fighting gets intense but if playing pure stealth you won't have trouble.

Co-op might be an issue for you if you can't find a good partner to team up with.

Story wise (if that is important to you) I recommend you watch Youtube videos so you're familiar with how Sam got to running Fourth Echelon and such. Given this game is set right after Conviction and there is a lot backstory.

I will say the lack of Michael Ironside was disheartening when I first played but given this is I assume your first foray into Splinter Cell probably won't make much of a difference for you.

Multiplayer is very straightforward and easy to boost, if I recall it can be done solo, you just need another player for TDM.

• Like 1

I played it on PC when it first came out and found it really enjoyable. Funnily enough I bought a secondhand PS3 about a year ago and there was a copy of it already on the PS3. I played it for awhile while my wife was negotiating a price for the PS3 (We're in China) and it definitely still holds up well today. FYI, I got a good deal on the PS3, but they took the game disc, lol

• Like 1

Hi. I've been playing this Splinter Cell since October 6th, and I would like to advise you that the daily challenge is not working since one week ago, I'm checking it everyday on ShadowNet. So you can't get this trophy. Weekly challenge is ok. 

Edited by L_BRG_14
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, L_BRG_14 said:

Hi. I've been playing this Splinter Cell since October 6th, and I would like to advise you that the daily challenge is not working since one week ago, I'm checking it everyday on ShadowNet. So you can't get this trophy. Weekly challenge is ok. 

Okay I just noticed. Hopefully they bring it back up.

• 2 months later...