The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me (November 18, 2022)

Medan was kinda meh for me, but I have some bias against ghost ship themes. I thought Little Hope was a huge improvement and enjoyed it a lot. House of Ashes is on sale now so I'll be grabbing that (the theme reminds me of The Descent).

Now The Devil in Me REALLY has my interest because it screams of the serial killer H H Holmes and his Murder Hotel. Up until now I've bought each title on sale but will likely day 1 the 4th entry.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FairyCal said:

kinda curious - will ps4 version have free ps5 update? i'm not sure which one should i take.                                     

I believe House of Ashes does so I imagine this will be the same.

• 3 weeks later...

The improvements to visuals and content alone is significant enough to warrant an increase of price (which is still less expensive than other games that release yearly with minimal changes), in my opinion, from previous entries in The Dark Pictures Anthology series. I even pre-ordered the animatronic collector's edition of The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil In Me to support the genre of games.

Edited by notandrebraun

On 10/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, Neocarleen said:

Oh sweet! I thought the Dark Pictures Anthology was just going to be a trilogy, so I'm happy to hear there's going to be one more. And also the implication of a second season as well!

There are going to be at least 10. The names are already trademarked in the UK.

20 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

The Curator is my dude! lol I love him more than the main characters! Psssst... play all three games in order to get hints as to who he actually is! :D

I’ll bite…I’ve played all 3 including The Quarry. Who exactly is he besides the Curator? All I know is the opening song by Khemmis hooked me onto their band. Ohhhhh Deaaaathhhh! 

1 minute ago, trojbrown40 said:

I’ll bite…I’ve played all 3 including The Quarry. Who exactly is he besides the Curator? All I know is the opening song by Khemmis hooked me onto their band. Ohhhhh Deaaaathhhh! 

I will DM you the hints and you can figure it out. It's not too hard if you're familiar with basic lit that is taught in schools.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 5:07 PM, FairyCal said:

kinda curious - will ps4 version have free ps5 update? i'm not sure which one should i take.                                     

I looked on the digital store and both PS4 and PS5 versions are bundled together, which means the PS4 disc copy will have the free PS5 upgrade

Edited by Godo Fwar

22 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

The Quarry isn’t part of the Anthology.

Kinda crazy how much they’re adding to this one. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, Neocarleen said:

Oh sweet! I thought the Dark Pictures Anthology was just going to be a trilogy, so I'm happy to hear there's going to be one more. And also the implication of a second season as well!

So like I believe they already released future titles of season 2: Directive 8020, intersession, winterfold, Craven man, and O Death

• 2 weeks later...