Question about DLC delistings and GOTY editions

KenpachiDaniel

This is a question I have for some time now and I can't find a definitive answer about it: If there's a game with one or more DLCs, and they were delisted from the store, if I buy the gold/GOTY/whatever edition of this game, do I have access to the delisted DLCs?

I already had this question about 2 games: Port Royale 3 and Two Worlds II. Port Royale 3 have 3 DLCs and 1 of them is missing from every store except for Malta and Hungary. And Two Worlds II have 2 DLCs, but both of them are delisted from the Brazil store (I'm brazilian, btw). Both of these games have a complete edition, but I don't know if I'll have access to those delisted DLCs if I buy these gold editions or only if I buy them in the stores that still sells them.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm talking about digital editions only, not physical copies.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

It if comes with a code or the DLC is on the disc then it should work. The Stranger Things DLC in Dead by Daylight got delisted but the bundle with the game and DLC that you can buy on shelves still gives you access to the DLC.

I remember a similar thing with the Scott Pilgrim game. After it got delisted, the code that Best Buy were selling for the game still worked at least 3 years after the delisting.

I suppose it would depend how the DLC is implemented in those editions. Some complete/GOTY editions of games just have the DLC included as a voucher, which may or may not still work if the content has since been delisted. I have managed to redeem codes past their expiry dates before, for what it's worth.

For complete edition games that have the DLC on the disc, or contain a "key" to download the DLC (like Telltale season pass discs allowing you to download the rest of the episodes), I imagine you should be fine.

Whenever I'm in doubt about whether or not any edition of a game has DLC included on the disc or as a voucher code, I usually look up unboxing videos for the game on YouTube.

1 minute ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

It if comes with a code or the DLC is on the disc then it should work. The Stranger Things DLC in Dead by Daylight got delisted but the bundle with the game and DLC that you can buy on shelves still gives you access to the DLC.

I remember a similar thing with the Scott Pilgrim game. After it got delisted, the code that Best Buy were selling for the game still worked at least 3 years after the delisting.

This^

Port Royale 3 is a tricky one, because there is a lot of conflicting info out there as to if the retail Gold Edition does actually contain all 3 DLCs or not but the retail GOTY/Velvet Edition of Two Worlds 2 does contain everything needed for the 100% (though it's missing a trophyless DLC). For more info, see my thread here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/297967-complete-edition-central/

Just now, FrostyMcNugs said:

I forgot to mention, I'm talking about digital editions, not physical copies.

5 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

It depends very much on how the DLCs are implemented because if they're hardcoded into the game itself, you're good to go, regardless of what happens with the store but if they're a separate download and all you're getting is the equivalent of a Season Pass, you are up shit creak without a paddle if you didn't download everything before it was delisted.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

This^

Port Royale 3 is a tricky one, because there is a lot of conflicting info out there as to if the retail Gold Edition does actually contain all 3 DLCs or not but the retail GOTY/Velvet Edition of Two Worlds 2 does contain everything needed for the 100% (though it's missing a trophyless DLC). For more info, see my thread here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/297967-complete-edition-central/

I'm almost sure that the Port Royale 3 Gold Edition disc have the dlcs included. I posted a similar question in the psnp game's page and a guy who have the game said that.

3 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

If it comes built-in to the game, then yes (for example, The Witcher 3 Complete Edition). If it's a game that comes with a season pass where you have to manually download each individual DLC, then you obviously would miss out on whatever dlc was delisted.

The issue is that this is all on a case-to-case basis, as not all games will come bundled with the dlc where it's added automatically to your download list.

• Like 2