Feeling overwhelmed with the Multiplayer trophies, which trophies to start with for boosting sessions?

PostGameBlues

Hello there,

I just recently found out that the PS3 servers are shutting down on Dec of this year and I've really been meaning to get all the multiplayer trophies done (including DLC) for so long but I guess now is the best time. However I'm feeling overwhelmed since I don't know what a good starting point is.

Before I left the game for good back in 2014 I did manage to score some of the multiplayer trophies:

- Achieve rank 100

- Complete 10 waves of Survival

- Survive with a bounty on your head (which people have said is now unobtainable without modding)

Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.

- Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.

- Call gang back up for first time

- Own apartment, garage and insured vehicle.

The rest I don't have such as the Numero Uno, 25 Platinum awards, custom vehicle races 5 wins, co op rally race win, kill a thief that mugged you, rob stores and then the heist dlc.

Which one should I tackle first in terms of boosting with other players? Should I go with Numero Uno and the platinum awards first then the heists since they take a lot more effort? 

• Like 1

I would say go for Numero Uno first. Rockstar is switching out modes every now and than. 

Btw, great that you allready got lvl 100. 

For the 30 Platinum Awards there are a lot of easy ones. You could also use the RP Boost Capture mission for I believe 4 Platinum Awards. Offcourse you can also earn Platinum Awards with the Heists. So try to combine the things you still need.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I would say go for Numero Uno first. Rockstar is switching out modes every now and than. 

Btw, great that you allready got lvl 100. 

For the 30 Platinum Awards there are a lot of easy ones. You could also use the RP Boost Capture mission for I believe 4 Platinum Awards. Offcourse you can also earn Platinum Awards with the Heists. So try to combine the things you still need.

Do Rockstar switch out modes on Ps3?  I thought they abandoned it? 

OP:  Definitely get a group together to boost it.  Make a list of everything you need to do and go through it and cross them off as you go.  

Group of four using communication will get through the heists with little trouble.  I did it as a group of three with a random on x360 and it wasn’t ideal.

Edited by Mr_Stkrdknmiblz
  • Like 1

Here is the best way to do these (I have both platinums):

- Numero Uno

- Backseat Driver

- Kill thief

- 5 custom car wins

- Do all 5 heists and get all heist trophies (you will get a bunch of platinum awards for decorated)

- Finish up decorated

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

Do Rockstar switch out modes on Ps3?  I thought they abandoned it? 

Yes. Currently I can't find Survival mode on the job list for PS3 as well. I will have to check ingame if they are still available. Any changes Rockstar makes do affect the PS3 version as well.

Edited by ConAir

12 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Picking this up again I've found I'm also feeling the same way - mostly due to only being lvl 13. Does anyone have tips for solo ranking up?

Buy a decent gun and spam pier pressure and ballas to the wall on hard until you go insane. You can earn 20-24k RP/hr depending on efficiency. Its 1.58 million to rank 100 so you can do the math on how bad your grind will be once you figure out your pace. 

If somebody leaves during a setup mission for any of the heists, would I have to pay the setup costs over and over? Because I'm thinking of just doing the heists with randoms but so far on the first heist I can't even get the people that join the setup missions to stay. It's getting really annoying. Good thing Lester has the costs covererd for the first one but I know that with later heists the cost can be as high as 100k and I don't have millions lying around to afford randoms ditching me midway through missions for some unknown reason.

If the goal is RP and money doing heists with randoms is a complete waste of time. You'll get so many quitters and bad players.  If you still need the trophies for them get a premade group, if you can't/don't have a premade group then just skip the trophies entirely. You'll never beat heists like prison break or humane labs with randoms that have no mic. 

Edited by JunkSkelington
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

If the goal is RP and money doing heists with randoms is a complete waste of time. You'll get so many quitters and bad players.  If you still need the trophies for them get a premade group, if you can't/don't have a premade group then just skip the trophies entirely. You'll never beat heists like prison break or humane labs with randoms that have no mic. 

Agreed. Join a Discord group, gather some friends or else it will be troublesome. I once lost 3 hours trying to boost Prison Break with randoms. People disconnected, sabotaged the mission goals or kicked players (including me). Luckily I wasn't the one to start the session, so I only lost time.

Also wanted to mention that I bookmarked one of the Survival missions but that's unavailable at the moment. It may return after Halloween. 

I'm on Discord groups: here! / here! (activity depends on time of the day and timezone).

Edited by ConAir
Discord info.
  • Like 1

On 22.10.2021 at 0:56 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I just recently found out that the PS3 servers are shutting down on Dec of this year and I've really been meaning to get all the multiplayer trophies done (including DLC) for so long but I guess now is the best time. However I'm feeling overwhelmed since I don't know what a good starting point is.

At least your lucky it's on ps3. You don't have to deal with the doomsday bullcrap :D 

Yeah I heard the doomsday heists are a lot more brutal. 

Speaking of heists what is the best way to farm 25 heist platinum medals? I know it's repeating the Fleeca job missions but I heard there's a cooldown of 48 minutes so you can't repeat it. Do you just alternate between the two people as to who starts the Fleeca job missions?

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 2021-10-22 at 2:04 PM, ConAir said:

I thought the trophy for 30 Platinum Awards was different than the 25 Platinum Medals.

Similar words and functions but to my knowledge, they don't count for each other's trophies. Also, the 25 Platinum Medals for the Heist DLC stupidly only counts for the base heists.

19 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

At least your lucky it's on ps3. You don't have to deal with the doomsday bullcrap

Oh, I never knew GTA V on PS3 didn't have Doomsday. Personally, if load-times weren't insanely long, Run Like the Wind wasn't unobtainable, if progress carried between the two versions I'd probably go back to the "crappy" version of GTA V.

2 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I thought the trophy for 30 Platinum Awards was different than the 25 Platinum Medals.

Similar words and functions but to my knowledge, they don't count for each other's trophies. Also, the 25 Platinum Medals for the Heist DLC stupidly only counts for the base heists.

Yes, the first is for the Decorated Trophy from the base game and are related to the ingame awards, the latter one is tied to one of the DLC Trophies and is based on your performance during a Heist. Only one player gets a Platinum medal. 

But you can also earn (Platinum) Awards with the Heists for completing it, not dying, not getting injured, setting up a heist, et cetera. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yeah I heard the doomsday heists are a lot more brutal. 

Speaking of heists what is the best way to farm 25 heist platinum medals? I know it's repeating the Fleeca job missions but I heard there's a cooldown of 48 minutes so you can't repeat it. Do you just alternate between the two people as to who starts the Fleeca job missions?

Yes. Alternate between the two. The setup is super cheap. Since you'll be getting 3? per run and you can switch out you'll only be waiting like 20 minutes between two runs since you'll do Person A hosts, Person B hosts, wait 20mins for Person A cooldown to go away, Person B hosts, wait 20mins for Person A cooldown to go away, rinse & repeat a little over half a dozen times (assuming you've gotten no Platinum Medals prior).

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Yes. Alternate between the two. The setup is super cheap. Since you'll be getting 3? per run and you can switch out you'll only be waiting like 20 minutes between two runs since you'll do Person A hosts, Person B hosts, wait 20mins for Person A cooldown to go away, Person B hosts, wait 20mins for Persona A cooldown to go away, rinse & repeat a little over half a dozen times (assuming you've gotten no Platinum Medals prior).

I see, and is there a guaranteed way to bait who gets Platinum in the heist missions? Cause right now I have 5 platinum medals and once I reach 25 I don't wanna get the platinum again if my partner still needs it cause thatll be a waste of time. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

19 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I see, and is there a guaranteed way to bait who gets Platinum in the heist missions? Cause right now I have 5 platinum medals and once I reach 25 I don't wanna get the platinum again if my partner still needs it cause thatll be a waste of time. 

Yeah there is, I did the Flecca heist yesterday and my partner showed me what roles would get you the platinum award. Setup 1 & 2 - be the driver & Finale - be the intimidator/driver. Got 3 platinum medals from the run

• Like 2