State of Play October 27

Aranea Highwind

I read the description of this upcoming State of Play and its going to focus on 3rd party games, with previously announced games and some "reveals from our partners around the world" (VGC, 2021).  I would expect no first party stuff at all.  Set your expectations that it's games we've already seen with more details on them.

58 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Legend of Dragoon Director's Cut announced on PS5

Or a Deluxe edition for PS4/PS5. Would be SICK!!! And a instant day 1 buy!!

25 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Legends of Dragoon remake confirmed 1f602.png

Sorry… I’m just hoping that eventually comes.

I may tune in if I’m not busy that day!

If this happens, oh boy!! I do hope they revamp the XP system a little bit. Instead of dividing the XP to everyone, give that same amount of XP to everyone.

• Like 1

Whenever there's a State of Play, Showcase or gaming awards/announcements show, my heart wishes for a Left 4 Dead port. My head tells it it'll never happen but the heart wants and the heart gets broken every time. It can't help itself.

Slightly more realistic hat on, I don't think there's going to be any massive surprises but I'll happily be wrong on that front. My money would be on a further look at FF16 and the reveal of the exclusive Spider-Man character for Avengers.

I will internally scream if they show anything to do with Deathloop. That game got pushed more than 2014 to 2018 Roman Reigns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tsundokuist said:

What odds on this being GTA Trilogy/GTA V E&E details with a GTA 6 “Teaser” Trailer (like just a logo and reveal/hint of the setting)?

IMO, no chance a GTA 6 teaser will be announced at a State of Play.  That is something that will be announced/teased on a larger platform, like a Game Awards, E3, Gamecom, or a Rockstar only event.  I hope I'm wrong but I genuinely would be shocked if there was a hint of GTA 6 on any State of Play.  

1 hour ago, The Titan said:

The most over advertised game of all time. I know plenty of people who didn't get the game out of spite. 

I certainly hope as well they don't promote Deathloop again.  We've seen enough and I agree there's people out there that didn't get the game out of spite (which I don't personally understand or agree with but to ones own).

37 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Whenever there's a State of Play, Showcase or gaming awards/announcements show, my heart wishes for a Left 4 Dead port. My head tells it it'll never happen but the heart wants and the heart gets broken every time. It can't help itself.

Slightly more realistic hat on, I don't think there's going to be any massive surprises but I'll happily be wrong on that front. My money would be on a further look at FF16 and the reveal of the exclusive Spider-Man character for Avengers.

I will internally scream if they show anything to do with Deathloop. That game got pushed more than 2014 to 2018 Roman Reigns.

I would be very surprised if there's anything new, other than maybe a new Indie title or something of that caliber.  State of Plays really haven't given us any groundbreaking news in the past and they clearly set expectations for this event that it will focus on known, 3rd party games that they want to promote for the PS platform.  We will see CoD: Vanguard as there's a partnership between Sony and Activision and I'm sure we'll see other games that we've seen a bunch of times with a new update or trailer to show off.  I really don't think this State of Play is going to do anything but update us on games we already know about.  Hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, dakk55 said:

Well, I wouldn't say no to some new content on that new IP being developed by Obsidian. Or possibly information on the new Elder Scrolls game, but we all know Skyrim PS5/6 Edition would be released before a new Elder Scrolls game.

If any of that were to happen on PlayStation, not gonna be announced at a Sony show.

3 hours ago, dakk55 said:

Well, I wouldn't say no to some new content on that new IP being developed by Obsidian. Or possibly information on the new Elder Scrolls game, but we all know Skyrim PS5/6 Edition would be released before a new Elder Scrolls game.

1 minute ago, communistwookiee said:

If any of that were to happen on PlayStation, not gonna be announced at a Sony show.

Agreed.  Developer Obsidian and the Elder Scrolls IP is now owned by Microsoft and we will likely never see news on either that IP or developer on a PS event again.  Sure, if there's something like an Alan Wake situation that occurs where a beloved IP is coming over to PS after years of absence, then maybe we'll see something like that but I'm very skeptical that would happen under any other circumstance.

4 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Reminder to disable the chat if you're watching it live. I've lost countless braincells from seeing it and now I'm a hair's breadth from becoming a drooling vegetable myself. 

GTA VI.

boring, skip

Wait, where is GTA VI?

GTA V?? boring

dead game

who is gonna buy this

fortnite

did they announce GTA VI yet?

(Every State of Play ever)

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dakk55 said:

Um... I think I have some bad news for you?