Speedrun trophy "hack" PS5

Zsolto

On 22.10.2021 at 5:07 PM, Zsolto said:

Hi

I just discovered that if you load the levels form the dasborad (cards) in (PS5) the same order that they follow each other in the game (mansion,train,carry etc..)  and finish the last level (ice) you can get the speedrun trophy by skipping all the levels except the ice level.

For example: you start the game normaly (mansion) press "ps button" home icon now you back at the dashborad, go to the game scroll down then select the train level and push square button. And do the same with the other leves as the order they follow each other in the game, until you get to the ice level.Finish the ice level normaly and booom you got the speedrun trophy.

I wish I knew this when I did the game a few weeks ago. Although you have to do every level anyway for all the trophies it would have been a lot easier not to play so long in one go ^^

• 1 month later...
On 22/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, Zsolto said:

Hi

I just discovered that if you load the levels form the dasborad (cards) in (PS5) the same order that they follow each other in the game (mansion,train,carry etc..)  and finish the last level (ice) you can get the speedrun trophy by skipping all the levels except the ice level.

For example: you start the game normaly (mansion) press "ps button" home icon now you back at the dashborad, go to the game scroll down then select the train level and push square button. And do the same with the other leves as the order they follow each other in the game, until you get to the ice level.Finish the ice level normaly and booom you got the speedrun trophy.

Can i clarify the method? So you are hitting the PS button to return to dashboard, are you closing the game at that point and reloading it? Because when you hit the game tile again the game will still be where you left off on PS5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:07 AM, Zsolto said:

Hi

Can confirm, I just finished doing this.

All the cards weren't showing up for me when I pressed home, so what I had to do was press the home button, go to the "switcher", press start on Human Fall Flat, and go to the game's hub. From there, I just went to each level in the order they appear in the level select, and beat Ice as normal. Got Speedrun and the platinum as I fell through the credits.

Thank you so much for this method. I was prepared to be really bored going through the game again tomorrow.

On 12/12/2021 at 3:31 AM, TheSackoBowl said:

Can i clarify the method? So you are hitting the PS button to return to dashboard, are you closing the game at that point and reloading it? Because when you hit the game tile again the game will still be where you left off on PS5

You are not closing the game at any point. The most you'll be doing is going to the game's hub.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm this works, although it isn’t always straightforward. Sometimes, the Activity Cards (either the ones available through a short press of the PS button, or the ones available through a long press and going to the Game Hub) don’t have all the necessary levels available to select.

You can fix that by backing up your local save to PS Plus, deleting your local copy of the save, restarting the console and then redownloading your save file. For some reason, this refreshes the activity cards, but the ones you get, and the order they come in appear to be random. I had to do this 5-6 times to get a refreshed activity card list which had all the correct levels available.

Also, don’t just delete your local save file and try from a blank slate, as the game wont show the other levels as activity cards - it’ll be mostly populated with trophy activity cards (even though you’ve likely got those trophies already anyway).

Hope that helps anyone that is struggling with this method.

Edited by TwoThirdsSoul

I got the speedrun trophy a few days ago (last thursday) without using the PS5 dashboard "cards" method. Instead, I just played the game normally (from Mansion until Ice) but following this very good video made by @Bushido_Cypher

I'd encourage you guys to also try this "method". The trophy popped as soon as I finished "Ice" level and got back to "Snowy Mansion". So if you don't want to try the Dashboard cards method, give this one a try! I'll link the video down below in case anyone is interested.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

I got the speedrun trophy a few days ago (last thursday) without using the PS5 dashboard "cards" method. Instead, I just played the game normally (from Mansion until Ice) but following this very good video made by @Bushido_Cypher

I'd encourage you guys to also try this "method". The trophy popped as soon as I finished "Ice" level and got back to "Snowy Mansion". So if you don't want to try the Dashboard cards method, give this one a try! I'll link the video down below in case anyone is interested.

Appreciate the shout out legend!

Glad it proved useful :)

• Like 3

On 12/9/2022 at 6:33 PM, BushidoCypher said:

Appreciate the shout out legend!

Glad it proved useful :)

I used this video as well because the “hack” didn’t work, there is some skips on there that I found and you didn’t put in the video, also it’s CompletedGames you subbed to my channel king.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I used this video as well because the “hack” didn’t work, there is some skips on there that I found and you didn’t put in the video, also it’s CompletedGames you subbed to my channel king.

Keep up the grind brother :D
I was going to make a video for the trophy card method to help others do it faster but it seems fairly inconsistent I gather :o ?

• Like 1