Help with specific trophys

16 hours ago, illninoese said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here but Nick doesn't need the stake from the burial chamber to get the kill with the stake trophy. If you choose advance in The Vault and succeed with the heartbeat QTEs, you'll fight Balathu. If you kill him with his spear it counts.

Also, question. It's impossible to get Ghost Signal and the UV Wand trophy in the same playthrough?

No, it is not. In order to have all three characters use the UV light- Nick and Eric must be on good terms. For Ghost Signal, it's the opposite- they need to be on bad terms

5 hours ago, Happyrinx42 said:

How do you get Eric and Nick to be friends in the last chapter?

Is a neutral relationship enough?

Neutral is not enough. Just make good choices. Be nice to Nick, have Rachel hate both guys. That worked for me 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:36 AM, sealightbreeze said:

You mean have Nick and Jason lead right? When looking for Joey? I had Nick and Jason go, but Eric followed behind regardless

Also, can the following all be done in one play through- Let Me Have a go!, Heart to Heart, Climbing Out Of Hell and Ghost Signal? It looks like you can do it all in one (as long as you reload after beating the game)

I had the option to tell Eric to stay behind when I played. Let me have a go and heart to heart can be done in the same playthrough by reloading the vault chapter. I’m unsure about climbing out of hell because I wasn’t going for that trophy when it unlocked. Ghost Signal I don’t believe can be done with Let Me have a go because you need a bad relationship with Nick as oppose to a good one. 

On 10/25/2021 at 10:11 PM, the_man_500 said:

For ghost signal i played movie night regular game not curator:

i made Eric be negative to everyone for every choice

Rachel told nick she would tell Eric about there relationship, and therefore chose him later on

for Eric and nick to be negative enough the choices in that affected there relationship were:

1. didn't take air support (negative)

2. looked at the white phosphorus rounds on the table after the briefing and said we weren't taking them (negative)

3. I had Merwin die so that Nick, Eric, and Jason would go together looking for joey's voice. they find his stuff and then i chose two negative options in a row to get nick to snap at Eric (negative)

4. Eric used the uv to help nick during the assault, there's nothing you can do about this (positive)

5. When your attacked by the ancient warrior right before Rachel makes her relationship decision i chose to run away from nick and let Rachel save him (Gives no points either way but i believe saving him gives a positive point which you don't want) 

Rachel had the infection burned out and was with the group

nick chose to advance into the vault and i passed all heartbeat sections.

Eric then ignored the signal when he heard it.

This worked for me, hopefully it can work for others.

To add some additional detail to step 3 in Slayer, to get Nick to snap at Eric you MUST tell him to shut up and then choose the Foreboding option.  Selecting the other option (Restrained, which also could be interpreted as sarcasm and a negative) will NOT cause a negative hit to the relationship.  I had to replay the game because I messed this up, so hopefully this saves someone else from the same experience.

I had Rachel escape during the Assault/Horror instead of trying to save Eric with the UV wand, thus she was never infected, so either way appears to work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shawn-norris said:

For "Let me have a go"?  If that's the case, I did a theatrical cut heads only playthrough, and that was enough for Eric to give Nick the UV lamp at the end.

Eric was shot by Salim in my heads only playthrough after Salim and Nick teamed up to kill a creature, voiding a lot of trophies. 

On 27.10.2021 at 9:09 PM, KCF392 said:

For those looking for more details regarding how to get Let Me Have a Go and the choices that can get a good enough relationship between Nick and Eric for Eric to hand over the UV light in the vault, MKIceandFire's let's play seems help with that.  

They show how to get the first two UV light kills (Eric with Joey at 2:49:11, Rachel saving Eric at 3:29:40), and how to set up the third UV light kill by handing it to Nick(4:50:10).  To be clear, they did NOT do the third UV light kill in the video, but this does show how to set it up.  From there, you should be able to follow a trophy guide to get the third kill with Nick.  

I will be trying this later today to get Let Me Have a Go and Oorah, and I hope this helps those (like me) who have played this game too many times already.||

EDIT: So I can confirm that following this video does get Eric to hand the UV light to Nick in the Vault.  If Nick didn't patch his wound and he goes to the right, mess up the first heartbeat QTE, Retreat, pass the first QTE, and fail the second.  He will pull out the UV wand to save himself.  Unfortunately my trophy didn't pop despite doing the whole game in 1 sitting without pausing, menu-ing, or exiting the game... but this method does get the UV light in Nick's hands.

I can confirm this getting the UV for Nick but the trophy didn't pop for me neither (no pausing etc.)

I checked the Playstation-activity-cards and "Let me have a go" stops counting at 66%, which is 2 out of 3.... No idea why it does so

Have you found out more about it or did it work for you in the meantime?

Edit: [SOLVED] see post below

Edited by Calypox
  • Like 1

On 28.10.2021 at 8:30 PM, KCF392 said:

So if Jason has the stake, it seems like you have to mess up the QTE stabbing Joey for him to drop the stake into the Chasm.  Eric will still run in and kill Joey with the UV lamp, but there is a longer cutscene without the stake where Eric looks down at the UV lamp in bewilderment, and the Ultraviolet bearing actually updates.  Hopefully this time it counts...

EDIT: IT WORKS. Apparently ONLY Eric can attack Joey for the bearing to update - trophy popped.

This might actualy be it!

I also don't have the bearing for killing Joey - it's just missing.

I'll give it a try and report aftter.

Edit: That's it. Just don't pick up the stake or fail the QTE will result the bearing to update!

Edit: It worked. That was the reason. So it actually never bugged out on me - I just didn't fulfill the requirement.

sidenote:

• I played on PS5
  • I never closed or paused the game
  • I did tab into bearings and relationships
  • pressing the PS-button once (do not hold it!) brings up the activity menu: I checked it each time the counter should go up just to be sure it counted
Edited by Calypox
  • Like 2

Full Clearance just won't pop for me no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Blanco718_ said:

ok, so I'm missing 5 trophies for the plat (Let me Have a Go, Full Clearance, Oorah, Ghost Signal, Lost in Time) How many more playthroughs do I need to do?

I'm struggling with Full Clearance also and have no clue on what I'm doing wrong for it.

Just a couple more trophies for me and hoping for only one more play through. I feel like I know this game like the back of my hand now. Use current save files and don't overwrite and jump in points in the story where you know you can earn some missing trophies. Once earned you can then manage your many save files later if you want to.

At a point now you can coast through the story and know what decisions to make, what to do, and bypass all collectibles. Scroll through your phone or watch a show. You can multitask if you want to.

8 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Eric was shot by Salim in my heads only playthrough after Salim and Nick teamed up to kill a creature, voiding a lot of trophies. 

Strange...  I did my heads only playthrough, and was able to use that save file to clean up a good chunk of the list.  Not sure if it helps but I didn't shoot the shepherd in the beginning as Jason?

56 minutes ago, Blanco718_ said:

ok, so I'm missing 5 trophies for the plat (Let me Have a Go, Full Clearance, Oorah, Ghost Signal, Lost in Time) How many more playthroughs do I need to do?

I would say do Full Clearance with Lost in Time, so that Eric isn't there at the end after Rachel is infected.  Let Me Have a Go and Ghost Signal can't be done in the same playthrough; try to do Let Me Have a Go with Oorah, kill Rachel and have Jason go back for Salim, and let them both die.  I feel like Ghost Signal was easier for me in curator's cut, as I feel like there's more chances for Eric to be a dick to Nick.

54 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

I'm struggling with Full Clearance also and have no clue on what I'm doing wrong for it.

Clarice has to stay with the group until the chapter where they all stand their ground with Dar and Salim (where Rachel gets infected).  I don't remember the exact choices, but I was nice to Clarice as Rachel, and then you can't choose to tell her that her chances don't look good.  Jason can't kill her once they regroup (not sure if a good relationship with Eric/Rachel is better?).  I did this trophy in curator's cut, and I know when they regrouped, I was controlling Eric, and prevented Jason from shooting Clarice.  There's another choice after they've captured Dar and Salim, where I was in control of Salim, and chose to say nothing, and then Eric told them to let her stay.

On 10/28/2021 at 2:30 PM, KCF392 said:

So if Jason has the stake, it seems like you have to mess up the QTE stabbing Joey for him to drop the stake into the Chasm.  Eric will still run in and kill Joey with the UV lamp, but there is a longer cutscene without the stake where Eric looks down at the UV lamp in bewilderment, and the Ultraviolet bearing actually updates.  Hopefully this time it counts...

EDIT: IT WORKS. Apparently ONLY Eric can attack Joey for the bearing to update - trophy popped.

Omg so the reason I'm not getting it is because of Jason using the stake?! Thank you I will try this!

5 hours ago, Lucibur said:

Full Clearance just won't pop for me no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

I followed this video for it. You have to keep Eric alive (either don't take him along with Jason and Nick into the Tunnels, or have Salim hide and continue to hide in the Truce).  

In the Horror after Nick is attacked by Balathu/Kurum, Eric will automatically use the UV lamp to save him.  After that, I had Salim save Rachel by shooting her vampire (instead of the one attacking him), and had Rachel Escape instead of Saving Eric.  When Eric again, pass the QTE to escape from Balathu/Kurum, but then he should automatically be attacked by Clarice around the corner.  Hope this helps!

Edited by KCF392

Pour me laisser essayer, il est possible de le faire en jouant le premier kill sur Joey à la fin ou il faut jouer tout un jeu à partir du prologue (j'en suis à 25 heures de jeu je n'ai aucune foi pour un one shot playtrough)

Edited by Happyrinx42

Thank you so much @KCF392 

I started from chapter select and gave the stake to Nick, failed the QTEs from Joey and Eric killed him. Paused, went into the menu, and even quit the game but FINALLY got Let me have a go! 

ETA: I guess it doesn't count when Jason stakes him because that kills him instead of the UV light maybe.

Edited by kyoselflove
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, KCF392 said:

Can confirm this worked for me. When Joey was being attacked I didn't press a single button. Eric saved me with the UV leading to a slightly longer scene where he looks at the light differently. Once I got the other two UV events the trophy popped.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 8:19 PM, MissDolly02 said:

Yeah you have to cut to rope or Eric dies,

I did it in the normal version.

I had Rachel die by spear during the assault, then I had Eric blame Nick for her death.

After Nick plants the big bomb in the vault Eric ignored that he was still alive

I had Rachel die by spear during the assault, then I had Eric blame Nick for her death.

where is it? can u link a video showing me the moment when it happens? thanks.

15 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

where is it? can u link a video showing me the moment when it happens? thanks.

During the Assault chapter, Salim must save Rachel by shooting the creature that attacks her. Rachel must then save Eric: do not miss the QTE to take the UV lamp. Then miss the QTE when Balathu throws his spear.

• Like 1