How to reliably get the Downtown Cab co. Call!

Gazmirr

Step1: wait until you get a text from any business you may own in game. It doesn't matter which business it comes from nor does the contents of the text matter. It'll say something along the lines of needing more stock or hunting the person who took the weeks earnings down.

Step2: make a quick save via your in game phone as fast as possible.

Step3: Reload the save you just made and once you load back in wait around 30 seconds give or take and you'll either get another text from the same business or a different one. If you do then once again reload the save you just made until it's the downtown cab co phone call. I got it around my 2nd try reliably but it depends on how many businesses you own and RNG.That's all to it! I think I am the founder as I stumbled upon this on my own whilst scouring the various forums and youtube videos online. None of which showcased this method. Thanks for reading and I hope it helps some people out : )

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hello, I am stuck right now on this trophy. I have finished the campaign but without Lester assassination missions, I have 4 properties (Downtown Cab, The Submarine marina, The Trevor trophy business and the "Tonya" business). Do I have to buy many additional business to get more phone calls ? Let us say, I can call Downtown Cab for instance but no one is calling me for restocks or whatever.

Let me know any method which work ! (I have seen also some method on the web telling to go to GTA Online, play an activity, then shutdown internet to come back to the solo part but it did not work in my case) 

I am a bit surprised this bug is not more dealt with in the current guides ?

8 hours ago, djippps said:

Hello, I am stuck right now on this trophy. I have finished the campaign but without Lester assassination missions, I have 4 properties (Downtown Cab, The Submarine marina, The Trevor trophy business and the "Tonya" business). Do I have to buy many additional business to get more phone calls ? Let us say, I can call Downtown Cab for instance but no one is calling me for restocks or whatever.

Let me know any method which work ! (I have seen also some method on the web telling to go to GTA Online, play an activity, then shutdown internet to come back to the solo part but it did not work in my case) 

I am a bit surprised this bug is not more dealt with in the current guides 1f914.png

The method above works well. Also I don’t think buying more properties make any differences for chances of getting a phonecall by a certain property

I am now 99% and probably closing the 100% today. This trophy seems definitely bugged as hell. I have tried: 

- to reload a save before buying the cab company (with another business already bought) and buying it => nothing until now

- to reload a save before buying the cab company (without any other business already bought) and buying it => nothing until now

- trying to switch from GTA online (from an activity or not) and coming back to GTA solo.

- I got no text from other business (I bought a bunch ....) , so the method given by @Gazmirr does not work in my case (what business gives text messages? I only received the weekly global recap of the business I own) 

16 hours ago, djippps said:

I am now 99% and probably closing the 100% today. This trophy seems definitely bugged as hell. I have tried: 

- to reload a save before buying the cab company (with another business already bought) and buying it => nothing until now

- to reload a save before buying the cab company (without any other business already bought) and buying it => nothing until now

- trying to switch from GTA online (from an activity or not) and coming back to GTA solo.

- I got no text from other business (I bought a bunch ....) , so the method given by @Gazmirr does not work in my case (what business gives text messages? I only received the weekly global recap of the business I own) 

I had the same issue, and nothing worked for me either. I had to replay the game.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, djippps said:

@boorish_brute Have you cleaned all the saves before starting a new game? Do we have to restart from scratch? (Or the save of the new game can "live" with the others)

I had my old saves on when I started a new save file. Just make sure to make a manual save before buying the property. Once you get your first call, make another manual save from your phone. Some of the missions are easy to fail. Reload the latter save if you fail, you'll get the call again. The taxi cab trophy is not that bad. It's pretty early in the game. I had another letter scarps bug which locked me out of the 100% trophy. I had to replay the entire game again. Not fun at all.

• Like 1

Thanks @boorish_brute very much for your answer and your indications.

Yeah, at least, I got the 100% trophy a few days ago. Only remains for me this taxi trophy.

I tried so many things to unlock Downtown trophy with a bunch of saves, Franklin has probably slept 6 months in-game to test some unbugging strategies ?. I already got crazy about this non-sense trophy, R* should have make possible for the player to actually make the call from the phone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, djippps said:

Thanks @boorish_brute very much for your answer and your indications.

Yeah, at least, I got the 100% trophy a few days ago. Only remains for me this taxi trophy.

I tried so many things to unlock Downtown trophy with a bunch of saves, Franklin has probably slept 6 months in-game to test some unbugging strategies 1f605.png. I already got crazy about this non-sense trophy, R* should have make possible for the player to actually make the call from the phone. 

I tried all of the tricks for hours and could not get it a call.  Including bouncing back and forth between online/offline, Franklin sleeping non-stop, driving around, and buying properties, reloading and trying again.

Finally, out of nowhere (and so many hours later) I got a call as I was driving around aimlessly.  It was towards the left side of the map, near the coastal highway I think.  I read driving around the Airport can trigger one of the calls but it never happened for me.

• Like 1

Have you tried sleeping in a bed multiple times to advance the in-game clock forward by a week?

Requests like the private fare will usually only pop a little while after the regular weekly Taurus earnings email gets sent to your phone.I missed the first private fare call because I was at the bottom of the ocean in a submarine doing the nuclear waste disposal mission but the following helped me beyond that:

1. Head to a safehouse bed and repeatedly sleep in it until 7 days have passed and you are on the 8th day.
  2. If the Taurus email doesn't appear, walk out of the bedroom and around the area for a bit. If you still don't get the Taurus email, try sleeping for one or two more days.
  3. Once you have the email, leave the bedroom and drive or walk around outside for a bit and a call should come through.

The first time I did this, I got a call from the car crushing company saying they were under attack. The second time I did the steps I got another car crushing company call. Third time I got the private cab fare.

I was actually dreading trying to get this one based on the issues people were having with it - but once I realised the business calls were related to the weekly earnings email, the process worked perfectly for me so hopefully it will work for everyone else :)

One thing I will add is something seemingly obvious but based on all the forums and sites I researched it's happened to a few people - and that is - make sure you are actually playing as the character that owns the business when you do this - e.g if you want to get the cab company to call you for a private fare - you have to be playing as Franklin to get it. I think most people realise this though, so I just wanted to throw that in there, just in case :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was doing other collective stuff and denied all calls from businesses i bought earlier in game. So they stop calling.

I think the phone automatically goes in "sleep mode" then without you seeing it on phone screen.

I went into phones settings and turned sleep mode on/off and after a few seconds cab company called me.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DAS2in1 said:

I was doing other collective stuff and denied all calls from businesses i bought earlier in game. So they stop calling.

I think the phone automatically goes in "sleep mode" then without you seeing it on phone screen.

I went into phones settings and turned sleep mode on/off and after a few seconds cab company called me.

That’s actually hilarious, I did not realise that was a thing 😅 Sleep mode makes the game go on standby mode so all calls and messages are disabled. Definitely worth a try for anyone not receiving calls.