Is playeble on a PS4 slim?

R_Corpus

I found an excellent physical copy at $200MXN (Like $10USD) in a Walmart  and I'm thinking of buying it asap, but I wanna hear some of your experiences playing Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS4 (I have an Slim model). (Sorry for my english, I'm trying to improve my english :( ) 

Edited by R_Corpus

I played the majority of the game on an original PS4 with little issue so I'd say playing on the slim won't be bad. Though I should mention I was more willing to put up with the supposed issues of playing on an original PS4 than other people.

Edited by majob
  • Like 4

I'm currently platting this on a PS4 slim, and I'd say it's tolerable, and MUCH better than back at launch. Frame rate isn't exactly consistent - sometimes it feels like a solid 30FPS, but others, especially during gunfights and rapidly driving through Night City it can dip a bit, but it's never outright unplayable (prob cause I'm already used to sub-30 games from the PS3 times). The game also isn't as glitchy anymore (both graphically and gameplay-wise), although there's still the occasional bug every now and then. The most annoying has to be voice lines not loading in or cutting in late (mostly if you're getting a phone call while driving or in the passenger's seat of a vehicle), the hard drive is chugging already loading the large open-world, I'd turn on subtitles if I were you (although I'm not sure if this affects the disc version, I bought it digitally). There's also a much lower chance the game will crash, I'm 50 hours in and it's only crashed once. Cyberpunk's a fun game when you look past it's flaws and while the last-gen version still has a long way to go, I'd say that you'll have a fine experience on the base PS4, especially for $10.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, late to the party, but this game plays OK on PS4. Not great, but it’s not the bug-riddled crash fest you’d think.

I will say, though, that buying cars seems to affect the fabric of the universe. Walls start appearing on the road. Vehicles sink into pavement as if it were quicksand. Good stuff.

• 3 months later...

I will give my feeling on this game after 50 hours.Story and gameplay is great BUT on ps4 slim , the bug and optimization is very bad. The game have all the time delay to load the texture when you run a long time and when you drive. This is really killing the pleasure in the game.Often you will run for a mission on the map and when you arrive , you need to wait 30second the game load all the texture or you will start to fight and you will see a nice rollback of all the action which occurs ( and die as you took damage without seeing it ). I only paid this game 5 euros ( 5 dollars and it was new ^^ ) and this game dont deserve more for this version ps4 slim.

For the price i got a nice moment in night city for the story which is great but it is really not optimized for the oldest ps4 ^^

Update : Since the patch 1.5 the game is way better even if all this problem explained above destroyed my pleasure in this game

Edited by Tauben56
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It nearly killed my PS4 just a few minutes ago.  Mind you, it was also downloading an update for Plague Inc while Cyberpunk was getting overwhelmed, but even THAT shouldn't have caused an issue.  I loved the game and played it a LOT, but after that, I can't recommend the PS4 version to ANYONE.  Get the next gen version, if any.

• Like 1

Most of the bugs/glitches talk that remains to this day is an overreaction. I've played a bit of this game across multiple platforms. I have played on the PS4 (OG), the PS4 version on a PS5, Xbox One version on a Series X, and the Series X version. Honestly, the Xbox versions have always seemed the most stable to me, most common problem I had was audio related, never crashed once in my 90+ hours of play. On the original PS4 I only ran into a few audio glitches, but I only played for about 5 hours. Surprisingly, my PS5 has frozen a couple times playing the PS4 version over about 8 hours of play, but it hasn't been very detrimental to the experience because the game autosaves regularly and it's quick enough to relaunch. 

If you are still questioning whether or not to play this, just play it. Honestly I had a much, MUCH harder time playing Fallout New Vegas, but nobody ever talks about how messed up that game is. It's worth it to mention that Skyrim is also full of glitches, a decade after the fact, but people still buy and replay that yearly. Cyberpunk is great and I hope more people give it a chance.

• Like 1

I'm currently playing on a PS4 slim and it's working fine.

There are still some bugs, and it has crashed a couple times after playing for a long stretch of time. Also for this game I do tend to close the program more often than sleeping it when I quit playing as sometimes the framerate is poor upon returning if I'm only sleeping the game. (I also keep a small, quiet fan blowing across my ps4 for extra cooling for games that are system intensive.)

The biggest problem is the loading when you drive to an area. After stopping the car, it can take several seconds for the local area to fully load in, so make sure you don't drive INTO a quest location but stop far enough away for enemies to spawn but not aggro until you're ready.

• 1 year later...

Playing on PS4 Slim and its not worse then f.e. Skyrim or Fallout.

If anything its actually better then those.

The Checkpoint and Quicksave functions work fast.

And if you restart the game every 2nd hour, its basically crash free. (At least that works for me)

Aliens: Dark Descent is, at least for me, far worse then Cyberpunk in terms of crashes and performance loss.