Difficult VS Time Consuming

Thomas2400

So I've decided it's finally time to try and get the platinum trophies on Yakuza 4 and 5, Yakuza 4 doesn't have a 100% completion list trophy but the 5th does and also it's the only game (that I'm aware of) where you can't start a new game with progress made in premium adventure 

So I was wondering is it hard to get 100% for hall of famer or just time consuming and how hard is Extra hard? are the items I'll get from going for 100% like the golden pistol necessary or will it just be a case of saving often and stocking up on healing items 

I'd hate to be tearing my hair out trying to do everything 100% with every character before moving on only to find out Extra hard isn't even that tough 

It's mostly just time consuming. The only real difficult part for the 100% is having to do the tournament as all the characters but it's only really difficult with Akiyama and Shinada. For Akiyama it's because he doesn't have a healing ability where he can use Heat to heal himself like everyone else, but he has a backflip kick that you can spam pretty easily and enemies don't get up from it most of the time. For Shinada it's because he doesn't have much of a moveset compared to everyone else but he can use Heat to heal. Saejima and Kiryu with their upgrades make the tournament a joke, especially because both have Tiger Drop like attacks and Kiryu can become invincible when you activate his Red Heat mode. So basically just save the tournament until you upgrade everyone most of the way or fully.

Extra Hard isn't that bad especially if you have most of the characters abilities. But yeah, they have it where you can't carry over anything from Premium Adventure for some reason so if you want to make Extra Hard a bit easier on yourself just get as much upgrades as possible before completing the story. Preferably maxing health and Heat along with the Red Heat and Tiger Drop stuff. So really as long as you buy health items you're good to go.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I just platinumed Yakuza 5 last week and it was a hefty one. I thought 0 had a lot of content but 5 blows it outta the water. The one thing that was really annoying, not hard perse, is the Coliseum completion for Akiyama and Shinada, as they're the least suited to the kind of combat situations involved there. Kiryu and Saejima will be fine and smash through the whole challenges easily enough. Platting this took me nearly 3 months. I've almost platted Yakuza 6 within a week. So it is quite a time investment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, Brabantgamer777 said:

I just platinumed Yakuza 5 last week and it was a hefty one. I thought 0 had a lot of content but 5 blows it outta the water. The one thing that was really annoying, not hard perse, is the Coliseum completion for Akiyama and Shinada, as they're the least suited to the kind of combat situations involved there. Kiryu and Saejima will be fine and smash through the whole challenges easily enough. Platting this took me nearly 3 months. I've almost platted Yakuza 6 within a week. So it is quite a time investment.

Yeah I found the platinum for Yakuza 4 pretty easy apart from the Amon fights, that was the only thing I needed to prepare for

Yakuza 5 though there is so much to do per character that I'm finding myself taking breaks and playing other games inbetween 

Up to about 25% done now and still on seijema's section I can easily see it takes months at the rate I'm going 

Last thing I was doing was four ball pool and that was enough to make me take some time away, hopefully there aren't to many more annoying minigames 

• 2 months later...

Just time consuming. I'm right now at 82% of the completion list and I've been playing around 110h. I didn't find it more difficult than others (some minigames are a pain in the ass, but the same, cuz the time they need, not raw difficulty). I still have to clear Finale chapter, Climax battles and another run in legend mode, so I calculate that I will spend here around 130-140h, much like Yakuza 0.