Where is this story? (Solved)

El_Aitor_Koh

Hi

I play the entire game 2 times (and repeat a lot of phases with the different 3 characters without success) and this note (check the link) doesnt appear for me. I see a few players have the trophy of "read all of the Dan stories" but not in my case, and thats its the second time i try it.

https://ibb.co/MZW6bgt

I delete all of my progress in the menu and repeat the entire game. Have all the stories again except that, and that story (first row , the second, started from the left) still dont appear

Im so desperate, just one story to obtain the last 2 trophies and the platinum and doesnt appear... What the hell, i need some help.

Edited by El_Aitor_Koh
Solved

For me it's the second document from the right (bottom row). I just did a second playthrough of Rick's campaign (which is where you collect Dan's documents) and didn't find it anywhere. I made an effort to uncover every card I came across, though I blew some of them up by accident. I'll just do another, more careful playthrough. The game is really fun after all ?

Edited by Baka_Marimo

4 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

For me it's the second document from the right (bottom row). I just did a second playthrough of Rick's campaign (which is where you collect Dan's documents) and didn't find it anywhere. I made an effort to uncover every card I came across, though I blew some of them up by accident. I'll just do another, more careful playthrough. The game is really fun after all 1f44d.png

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I do the same thing, but not for second time, maybe 4 or 5 playtroughs and still dont appear that story/document.

I try all days and its the same thing. I like the game too, but I already think that I will never have the platinum (so pessimistic, but after all, i complete the campaigns a lot of times and delete all my progress one time to do all again!)

I will keep trying... 

Edited by El_Aitor_Koh

28 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

I found the document I was missing in Selena's campaign and earned the Platinum. It was in the laboratory towards the end of the story. My initial assumption that you collect Dan's documents in Rick's campaign was wrong. The documents of each character are distributed as follows:

Selena's documents: Rick's campaign

Dan's documents: Selena's campaign

Rick's documents: Dan's campaign

Thus, the document you are missing MUST be in Selena's campaign. It can't be anywhere else. Don't waste your time on the other two characters, just play Selena. Flip up absolutely every card you come across and be sure not to blow any of them up. You will find it. 100%.

Thanks for the help! I got the platinum just right now ?

The last Dan's document in my case, appears in Rick's campaign, in the outskirts at stage 17.5 (gas station). NEVER in all of my playtroughs, a document appear in a shop, pharmacy, shelter or in a gas station except this, the last one... Thats weird. 

Edited by El_Aitor_Koh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, El_Aitor_Koh said:

The last Dan's document in my case, appears in Rick's campaign

Oh well, guess my conclusion about the location of the documents was complete rubbish ?? However this game was so much fun that I'm planning to stack it. I'm definitely going to pay more attention next time. Anyway, none of that matters right now. Congratulations on the Platinum! ?

• Like 1

I had that same Dan document appear in the exact same location.  The only one I'm missing now is Rick's 2nd document.  I'm pretty sure I've turned over every single card in every campaign, so I must have accidentally exploded it.  Anyone know off the top of there head where that one is located?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have played through this game again and took note of which documents were unlocked after each character's playthrough. Depending on which you're missing, this will tell you where you'll need to look.

There are 45 documents in total and they're distributed evenly across all three campaigns, meaning there are fifteen in each.

Rick's campaign has Selena's documents 1-12 and Dan's documents 1-3.

Selena's campaign has Rick's documents 1-3 and Dan's documents 4-15.

Dan's campaign has Rick's documents 4-15 and Selena's documents 13-15

Go into every "bonus area" you come across (Markets, Pharmacies, Fuel Stations, Save Rooms etc.). If you blow something up, the blast will sweep away all eight adjacent cards. Avoid blowing up face-down cards as much as possible. If you have no choice, pay close attention to the cards as they fade away. There is a brief moment where you can see what the face-down cards were. If none of them was a document you got lucky and get to carry on. However if you do realize you blew up a document, you'll have to quit to the menu and hit Continue to restart from the previous checkpoint.

On 28.12.2021 at 10:16 AM, Nooby_Cake said:

(Sorry if this seems a little silly to ask) 

Do y'all know where Rick's first document is? I've done several playthroughs of Dan's story but still nothing. I have flipped over all cards and haven't exploded them all. 

Thanks.~

My bad for providing false information on this. I'm going to delete the respective bits in my previous posts to avoid further confusion. The document you're looking for is actually in Selena's campaign.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:42 PM, Baka_Marimo said:

I have played through this game again and took note of which documents were unlocked after each character's playthrough. Depending on which you're missing, this will tell you where you'll need to look.

There are 45 documents in total and they're distributed evenly across all three campaigns, meaning there are fifteen in each.

Go into every "bonus area" you come across (Markets, Pharmacies, Fuel Stations, Save Rooms etc.). If you blow something up, the blast will sweep away all eight adjacent cards. Avoid blowing up face-down cards as much as possible. If you have no choice, pay close attention to the cards as they fade away. There is a brief moment where you can see what the face-down cards were. If none of them was a document you got lucky and get to carry on. However if you do realize you blew up a document, you'll have to restart the campaign.

My bad for providing false information on this. I'm going to delete the respective bits in my previous posts to avoid further confusion. The document you're looking for is actually in Selena's campaign.

Only just seen this now, but thank you so much for clarifying! I'll hopefully be able to get that plat after my shift tonight.~

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:42 PM, Baka_Marimo said:

Go into every "bonus area" you come across (Markets, Pharmacies, Fuel Stations, Save Rooms etc.). If you blow something up, the blast will sweep away all eight adjacent cards. Avoid blowing up face-down cards as much as possible. If you have no choice, pay close attention to the cards as they fade away. There is a brief moment where you can see what the face-down cards were. If none of them was a document you got lucky and get to carry on. However if you do realize you blew up a document, you'll have to restart the campaign.

To add to this, you can quit back to main menu once you get past a level, and then check if you got 4 + 1 documents. Make a cloud save / usb if you got all documents, then continue on, just to not miss any and know exactly where you do. Sure, you can keep track of 5 documents per level. In any case, it sucks doing level 3 and miss one document and have to play through level 1 and 2 again, so cloud save is nice anyway. Same goes for specific trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.7.2022 at 0:47 AM, MMDE said:

To add to this, you can quit back to main menu once you get past a level, and then check if you got 4 + 1 documents. Make a cloud save / usb if you got all documents, then continue on, just to not miss any and know exactly where you do. Sure, you can keep track of 5 documents per level. In any case, it sucks doing level 3 and miss one document and have to play through level 1 and 2 again, so cloud save is nice anyway. Same goes for specific trophies.

There was actually another small - but important - inaccuracy in my post. When you realize that you've blown up a document you don't actually have to restart the entire campaign. You just have to quit to the main menu and hit Continue. I've edited my post in order to correct this.

This is the first PS5 stack I did since I got a PS5 just yesterday. I managed to claim first place on the fastest 100% achiever leaderboards by a huge margin, although someone who knows what they're doing will likely beat those times. On my faster run (NA version) I died a lot while attempting to do get to the outskirts with just 1 lifepoint. I had hit the checkpoint at 1-11 in a really bad state, with very little health and no healing items whatsoever. Stubborn as I was I refused to simply restart the campaign and ended up losing at least 20 minutes just there.

Edited by Baka_Marimo