I somehow lost a trophy…help!

PerryToxteth

Can anyone explain this one to me?

I was playing Far Cry 5 dlc yesterday and earned a trophy for finishing one of the endings. Unbeknownst to me, I was not online as the modem had crashed that morning. My trophy popped at the end of the game with the credits rolling, so I went to sync it on my profile and that’s when I realized I was offline. 
So last night, with the modem fixed and everything back online, I earned a trophy in another game to push the FC trophy thru and onto my profile. But it wouldn’t  show up. Tried a few times to sync it and it did add the newest trophy, but wouldn’t add the FC trophy.
I thought I was going nuts and maybe I didn’t earn it, but in my screenshot gallery, there is a photo of the earned trophy!
What are my options from here? I could replay the ending, but would it still pop? Because I assume the game thinks it already did. 
Deleting a save would not be ideal bc I would have to replay two endings (I would need to unlock the ending I need by playing the original ending). 
Has this happened to anyone? It’s a first for me. 
Any help would be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

I was playing Far Cry 5 dlc yesterday and earned a trophy for finishing one of the endings. Unbeknownst to me, I was not online as the modem had crashed that morning. My trophy popped at the end of the game with the credits rolling, so I went to sync it on my profile and that’s when I realized I was offline. 
So last night, with the modem fixed and everything back online, I earned a trophy in another game to push the FC trophy thru and onto my profile. But it wouldn’t  show up. Tried a few times to sync it and it did add the newest trophy, but wouldn’t add the FC trophy.
I thought I was going nuts and maybe I didn’t earn it, but in my screenshot gallery, there is a photo of the earned trophy!
What are my options from here? I could replay the ending, but would it still pop? Because I assume the game thinks it already did. 
Deleting a save would not be ideal bc I would have to replay two endings (I would need to unlock the ending I need by playing the original ending). 

Just do it again, fullfill the requirements. Trophy will pop.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

It’s the 80s Hero trophy from the Far Cry 5 dlc. 
The trophy does not appear in my PSN Profile so there is no time stamp. Yet, I have a photo of earning it in my Screenshot Gallery. 

Is the trophy there when you're offline?

I had the same problem a few times I played offline and it just took some time and a few manual syncs on my ps5 to finally show up. 

Edited by milk-aholic

Thanks for the suggestions. I will replay the mission to see if the trophy will pop…again. ?

9 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

Is the trophy there when you're offline?

I had the same problem a few times I played offline and it just took some time and a few manual syncs on my ps5 to finally show up. 

Trophy does not appear in profile offline. 

3 hours ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

Then I don't know what to tell you... I've never heard of this happening before. Sounds like you just didn't earn it.

That’s the crazy thing - I have a screenshot of the trophy popping. That’s why I started the thread bc I had never heard of this scenario happening to anyone else. It’s going to take a couple hours to replay the mission so hopefully today or tomorrow I will find time to play it again and see if the trophy ‘re-pops.’

On 25/10/2021 at 4:08 AM, PerryToxteth said:

This has happened to me on Metro: Last Light Redux recently. I popped around 4 trophies during the story. Internet went down so I rebooted. Updated my profile on PSNProfiles but it didn't register. Still hasn't and this was a few weeks ago. Very odd indeed, I checked offline on my profile and (it shows) they hadn't been achieved.. but I got them! 

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Are you experiencing this issue on PS5?

@PerryToxteth

I wish that was my issue but I don’t own a PS5 yet. 

2 hours ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

This has happened to me on Metro: Last Light Redux recently. I popped around 4 trophies during the story. Internet went down so I rebooted. Updated my profile on PSNProfiles but it didn't register. Still hasn't and this was a few weeks ago. Very odd indeed, I checked offline on my profile and (it shows) they hadn't been achieved.. but I got them! 

Have you tried to earn the trophies again? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Problem solved! Trophy popped!! :silver:

My fix was to completely power down my PS4 (not just put it in rest mode).  When I powered it up right now, I updated my profile and the trophy showed up! 
Thanks to all for the suggestions and advice, and maybe this will help you @LOWERCASESUCKS

That's great news, I'm genuinely happy for you! I will try this