How fast can you speedrun the game??

Hey everyone, I've read the game is 10 - 20 hrs long from a Blind Casual playthrough perspective, but I'm curious how fast a speedrun would be?

This would be assuming the player is already far experienced with the game, knows how to progress story quickly (triggers etc) and of course has carefully planned it all out. How quick could it potentially be speedran??

A lot of games can be speedran within 10% of the time of a Casual Blind run, most take a little longer though.

Anybody have any thoughts and can provide a good estimated time??

Also, the accessibility option for slowing the game down, can it also be used to speed the game up??

I'm on the fence about getting this, and would like to know how speedrun-friendly it is.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Edited by Optinooby

33 minutes ago, TJsTrophies said:

My estimate based on my experience with the game since it came out -1 day ago is about 10 minutes.

You should speedrun my friend, being able to estimate a time before playing it is a damn good ability!!

I'm hoping some with early copies may care to respond, perhaps not though as it is a pretty unimportant question, to others ;)

Edited by Optinooby

44 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You should speedrun my friend, being able to estimate a time before playing it is a damn good ability!!

I'm hoping some with early copies may care to respond, perhaps not though as it is a pretty unimportant question, to others ;)

I've seen a review saying it has about 8 hours of cutscenes, so I'm not sure how much or if any of that you can skip.

45 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

6-7 hours. The problem is you need to watch most cutscenes. My time with new game+ was 6 hours.

Edited by PoundofLife89-_-

19 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

I've seen a review saying it has about 8 hours of cutscenes, so I'm not sure how much or if any of that you can skip.

19 hours ago, PoundofLife89-_- said:

6-7 hours. The problem is you need to watch most cutscenes. My time with new game+ was 6 hours.

Thanks guys, if you cant skip cutscenes on 1st play I'll probably leave it. Project Zero is just around the corner anyhow.

I wish they allowed us to always skip cutscenes, I know a few games don't and of course we wanna watch story on first play, but for replay value for some of us who like to just take things a bit further on New Games and stuff, bit frustrating.

Maybe they will add the option in the future and perhaps I can grab in a sale down the line, game does look fun

51 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks guys, if you cant skip cutscenes on 1st play I'll probably leave it. Project Zero is just around the corner anyhow.

I wish they allowed us to always skip cutscenes, I know a few games don't and of course we wanna watch story on first play, but for replay value for some of us who like to just take things a bit further on New Games and stuff, bit frustrating.

Maybe they will add the option in the future and perhaps I can grab in a sale down the line, game does look fun

wait why would you want to skip the cutscenes on your first play through?? I get 2nd playthrough and so on if you do more after that but I don't get why you'd want to skip the cutscenes on the first playthrough it sorta makes the whole point of buying a story based game which it is pointless

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

wait why would you want to skip the cutscenes on your first play through?? I get 2nd playthrough and so on if you do more after that but I don't get why you'd want to skip the cutscenes on the first playthrough it sorta makes the whole point of buying a story based game which it is pointless

I skip every cutscene I can in every game, first playthrough or not.

I struggle with remembering things like stories so they are pretty much pointless to me anyway.

I've still enjoyed many a story-based game so there might be other reasons people want to skip cutscenes that isn't just being in a rush to platinum it.

Edited by Anke

1 hour ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Not for very first play, for future New Games on other accounts, I would be forced to sit through story again. Besides, buying a game provides unlimited hours of playtime on it, many opportunities to replay and replay and replay ;), similar to what @Anke

, many reasons to play!

And I think a lot of players forget, but games are all about gameplay, the story is 2nd, it's always been that way. Gameplay can survive without the story, but remove the gameplay and it just becomes a movie!

If what you say is true and this game is pointless without the story, then I'm not sure what the point is of buying this game when you could just watch the story online and avoid the 'pointless' gameplay, sounds like a interactive movie game!

End of the day, it's just opinion friend and different playstyles, the option should always be there though!

Edited by Optinooby

Hard to say how long since speeding the game up by skipping dialogues leads to bugs and glitches.

I skipped dialogues during first dialogue in the cockpit just before entering the code and game just changed perspective to third person and I couldn't do anything so restarted the checkpoint. It worked.

Second time I skipped dialogue after Quill and Rocket fell down on the Milano. After taking control Quill just fall through the ship and died. Respawned in the same spot, fall down and died. I reloaded the last checkpoint to get back to the same spot. So it ended with restarting the whole chapter.

Without a lot of patches this game will be annoying to speed up for anyone willing to ;)