This is what Marvels Avengers should've been like! (NO SPOILERS)

• 1 month later...

im finding the game boring and bland and uninspired with a dreadful combat system. it's the sorta game that makes me think eidos montreal should buy the castlevania ip and see if they have better luck with 2d sidescrollers. the story is ok and the characters are great it's just everything else. trophies are easy and unrewarding, so far it;s like 6/10 for me. If avengers is worse im going to hate it, but i've gotta do it sometime so might just start it next and get it out of the way.

• Like 2

On 07/03/2022 at 7:25 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

im finding the game boring and bland and uninspired with a dreadful combat system. it's the sorta game that makes me think eidos montreal should buy the castlevania ip and see if they have better luck with 2d sidescrollers. the story is ok and the characters are great it's just everything else. trophies are easy and unrewarding, so far it;s like 6/10 for me. If avengers is worse im going to hate it, but i've gotta do it sometime so might just start it next and get it out of the way.

IMO Avengers is way better (once characters are high level) than this. I found this game very mediocre and trophy cleanup is horrible because you can only do dialogue skips not full cutscene. And RNG combat trophies? FFS.

• 2 months later...

I’ve started playing this last week and really enjoying it too. It’s good fun and nails the characters and atmosphere. It’s got engaging story and gameplay too. But i think it’s actually quite similar to Avengers. The campaign in Avengers was pretty good fun and kinda similar to this - heavy story focus, action gameplay, superheroes. It was just the rest of Avengers that let it down and the whole live service crap. As a 12 hour campaign it was also good. I think if you like this game give Avengers a try you might be surprised if you go in with just the campaign mode in mind. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/10/2021 at 7:01 AM, MystifyR said:

So i dont know about you guys but im finding this game to be my surprise hit of 2021, i had massive low expectations because of Avengers which was a bad game just filled with the worst loot system ever and a terrible endgame and online elements. 

But the characters here are great, i dont mind there models and kinda glad there not looking like there movie counterparts, otherwise that would cost them more to use there likeness then to actually make the game XD.

The graphics are incredible, havent come across any bugs yet, the dialogue, oh my lord the dialogue is great and feels natural, without spoilers i was with someone and as they were talking and me suppose to follow id detour to grab some loot etc and there dialogue would smoothly reflect that. 

Combat is fun, nice arcady feel to it and just like the movies this game does a great job with its music.

So yer im personally loving this game, and like i said has so far been my surprise hit of 2021.

What does everyone else think? without spoiling the story obviously

I'm really liking this game. I would love to play as Drax, Rocket, Groot or Gamora, but at least performing actions with them makes you feel like you're part of the team, where in Avengers I often felt alone, with an AI that was terrible. Here you can interact with the other members, perform takedowns together, it's great. 
Also, the story is really catching and funny, I love the interactions between Drax and Rocket. In my opinion, is better than the Avengers game. 
I've found some bugs: sometimes during the dialogues they don't speak any many times I've seen objects pop out of knowhere during cutscenes, but they don't bother me since I'm really enjoying this game!

P.s. The huddle mechanic is my favourite part...

• Like 1