FFX HD Remaster Plat is a real challenge

robertgp11

Yes thats it, not impossible or very hard but just a real challenge for both a gamer and a jrpg fan. Not only you have to complete the main story (obviously) but youhave to get all summonings, do the jetch shot, obtain every collectible (like the jetch spheres), the celestical weapons and certainly a challenge on its own, defeat penance (considered to be the strongest enemy in the main games to date). What do you think? Worth?

PS: It's so nice to find people that like you are not only in love with these consoles, but games in general. Please add me as a friend :wave:

PSN:robepapu_g11

Edited by robepapu_g11

I don't think its that bad. One play through, complete game to 100%. Its very doable I think

True, you don't even need to kill all the dark Aeons or Penance (or even Nemesis for that matter) in a fair fight.. you can  just Zanmato everything...

I did everything (including Penace) 3 or 4 times 1 of them without Zanmato (Wakka Reals are almost as cheap... but aren't Zanmato)..

Just be glad they don't require you to learn every Blitzball move to all the Blitz players... (I do hope they fixed the glitch that made impossible to do that, since you could never learn Anti-Drain 1, nor it appeared as a prize, as well as 1 Blitz player despairing from the world after a certain event, and the only way to get him was to hire him before that and keep him forever on your team).

Overall it doesn't seam to bad, it doesn't even require to max stats grind (completing the Sphere Grid =/= max stats, for max stats it would require erasing all the stats nodes and replace them with other nodes, and that's a real grind, that I actually did in my complete playthroughs, along with Dark Matter farming from Dark Yojimbo, to get Ribbon on my ultimate armors)... all this stuff can be easily bypassed using Zanmato...

Really looking forward to this. as well as FFX-2 (I did everything in the main game there to, twice.. on multiple playthroughs thanks to NG+ and to 100% story being a pain to get), but never played the last mission, so I'm curious, about what it adds gameplay wise (not really looking forward to the giant Tomberries that I remember being a pain to deal with...)

True, you don't even need to kill all the dark Aeons or Penance (or even Nemesis for that matter) in a fair fight.. you can  just Zanmato everything...

I did everything (including Penace) 3 or 4 times 1 of them without Zanmato (Wakka Reals are almost as cheap... but aren't Zanmato)..

Just be glad they don't require you to learn every Blitzball move to all the Blitz players... (I do hope they fixed the glitch that made impossible to do that, since you could never learn Anti-Drain 1, nor it appeared as a prize, as well as 1 Blitz player despairing from the world after a certain event, and the only way to get him was to hire him before that and keep him forever on your team).

Overall it doesn't seam to bad, it doesn't even require to max stats grind (completing the Sphere Grid =/= max stats, for max stats it would require erasing all the stats nodes and replace them with other nodes, and that's a real grind, that I actually did in my complete playthroughs, along with Dark Matter farming from Dark Yojimbo, to get Ribbon on my ultimate armors)... all this stuff can be easily bypassed using Zanmato...

Really looking forward to this. as well as FFX-2 (I did everything in the main game there to, twice.. on multiple playthroughs thanks to NG+ and to 100% story being a pain to get), but never played the last mission, so I'm curious, about what it adds gameplay wise (not really looking forward to the giant Tomberries that I remember being a pain to deal with...)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2358-FINAL-FANTASY-X-HD/31-Perseverance

Yes thats it, not impossible or very hard but just a real challenge for both a gamer and a jrpg fan. Not only you have to complete the main story (obviously) but youhave to get all summonings, do the jetch shot, obtain every collectible (like the jetch spheres), the celestical weapons and certainly a challenge on its own, defeat penance (considered to be the strongest enemy in the main games to date). What do you think? Worth?

PS: It's so nice to find people that like you are not only in love with these consoles, but games in general. Please add me as a friend :wave:

PSN:robepapu_g11

Um.... Oh you mean what people USED to DO ANYWAY back in those days?

Seriously... get a Faq and Boom! You just have the plat because that has everything and back then we had no rewards. Just feelings of accomplishments and bragging rights.

No but seriously, this is just a 4/10 plat. It brings nothing new to the table. All you need to follow is a guide if you want the plat, although the blitzball things are a time consuming challenge just as it was back then.

This plat is actually kinda predictable....I was expecting some crazy challenge, but I guess there's people who will play the game for the first time and it wouldn't be fair.

Anyway, I did absolutely everything in several playthroughs, I only Zanmatoed on my first one, for the rest I deleted and replaced the nodes with spheres. I'm looking forward to do it again, it's a wonderful game ^^

Btw, I agree on the Yiazmat thing Blood-Rose666 said above....Penance is nowhere near that thing, NOTHING IS!

The only thing I'm dreading is the chocobo race for Tidus' ultimate weapon. That was awful, absolutely hated doing that.

Haha, yeah that was tedious. Took me a few tries, but definitely became worth it in the end!

Honestly, my least favorite trophy atm is the Thunder Plains. That was exceptionally annoying dodging... Picture being at 189, then being hit. :(

Haha, yeah that was tedious. Took me a few tries, but definitely became worth it in the end!

Honestly, my least favorite trophy atm is the Thunder Plains. That was exceptionally annoying dodging... Picture being at 189, then being hit. :(

Maybe it's because it only took me one try to complete the lightning dodging back then, so I don't feel as much annoyance towards it than most. I can totally see why though if you got struck when you're so close to the 200 :P

the chocobo racing took me so many tries I almost just gave up, for some reason I find that bird so hard to control, like it swerves too much or something

I love the Final Fantasy franchise and this is the only Final Fantasy game that i haven't played so im excited to get my hands on it... I will most likely get this for the Vita because Infamous: Second Son comes out a week later i think and i won't want to touch my PS3 when that happens, lol

I don't care how long it takes to Platinum as long as im having fun with it.

Hmmm.. seems wierd.. didn't find getting all the Aeons a challenge... I find the Celestial Weapons completion will be the challenge... heck... I still have nightmares in chasing butterflies to get Kimhari's Best Weapon... and now I have to do it for the trophy...

so far what I think the challenges in getting the plat are:

- dodging the lightnings - not that hard but somehow annoying and needs 100% focus in the game...

- Chocobo Rider... which I think requires skill + luck

- Weapon Master... 

- Perfect Sphere Master - might require grinding for filling nodes...

- Perseverance and Overcoming the Nemesis

am I the only one thinking it's a relief that you don't need to complete Rikku's Mix List for a plat ^_^

• Like 1

It's weird, I thought the chocobo race was easy after a couple of tries. The only trophies I dread is doing the butterfly challenges for Kimiari's ultimate weapon and the lightning bolts. The lightning bolts isn't bad once you get in a rhythm, but those butterfly challenges....damn...

Also, does anyone else not realize that you have to complete the grid for EVERYONE!?!? I had almost 200 hours and didn't even have 1 character finished! That'll probably take me YEARS to do esp. since I don't have the "grind gene" if you catch my drift...

• Like 1