FFX HD Remaster Plat is a real challenge

robertgp11

I don't see anything horribly hard about it.. it just looks time consuming tbh.

But those Blitzball trophies are more worrying to me, I was never good at that part of the game, but it is doable, I did manage to complete that part on PS2.. just remember it was very frustrating.

Edited by TakahashiDemon

I loved playing this game on the PS2 and as many members of said, time consuming doesn't necessarily mean hard. With it being an old game I'm sure there is bound to be faqs around on the internet etc.

Hell I still have the PS2 strategy guide in the draw so I'm pretty sure it will come in handy by the time this is released over here, March I think I heard was it's release date. Not sure on the actual date though. :huh:

The challenge will probably be the butterfly catching :S  and I'm not sure whether or not I did it before but the lightning dodging? I never did seem to grasp that so hopefully after all this time I can do it.

This plat is going to take a while aka 300-500 hours for me. I'm just glad there isn't a trophy for using every overdrive (Rikku has a gazillion combinations).

I'm going to do 100 % on this is my favorite final fantasy ever
I really wanted to do in Kh final mix too, but those gummi ship missions are so annoying. I love challenge but not something stupid.

You're not giving up on Kingdom Hearts, are you?

This plat is going to take a while aka 300-500 hours for me. I'm just glad there isn't a trophy for using every overdrive (Rikku has a gazillion combinations).

You're not giving up on Kingdom Hearts, are you?

no buddy im going to do it one at a time

also the one i need is defender sheld, they dont drop.

Ugh God! I had to kill over 1100 defenders to get it! On PS2 I always got it while playing the story, guess they messed with the drop rates for the HD Remix lol

Yeah I got mine when I killed Defender #996 (no joke, I checked the journal). I farmed mine at Hollow Bastion, I disembarked at the library and went all the way up to the place where you fought Riku the second time. Afterwards I backtracked to the save point in the Chapel and entered the gummi ship and disembarked again in the library. It's also a great way to farm those invisible soldiers. If you have the encounter+ skill equiped, you can go to the hotel in Traverse Town. There are 3 Defenders and 4 Wizards there. Just defeat them, exit the hotel and re-enter and they've spawned again.

Ugh God! I had to kill over 1100 defenders to get it! On PS2 I always got it while playing the story, guess they messed with the drop rates for the HD Remix lol

SE changed the drop rate for the Defender shield and Wizard staff from 2% to 0.2% in KH Final Mix. In Kingdom Hearts I had about 3-5 of each. KH 2 Final Mix has even more enemy weapons, not looking forward to that :S .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

SE changed the drop rate for the Defender shield and Wizard staff from 2% to 0.2% in KH Final Mix. In Kingdom Hearts I had about 3-5 of each. KH 2 Final Mix has even more enemy weapons, not looking forward to that :S .

I knew it! Thanks for the info, I farmed them in Traverse Town's district 3, since you could fight 5, get to District 1, go back and repeat, and also because I had everything else, so I was focused on that, if you're multitasking Hollow Bastion is way better :)

Yeah I got mine when I killed Defender #996 (no joke, I checked the journal). I farmed mine at Hollow Bastion, I disembarked at the library and went all the way up to the place where you fought Riku the second time. Afterwards I backtracked to the save point in the Chapel and entered the gummi ship and disembarked again in the library. It's also a great way to farm those invisible soldiers. If you have the encounter+ skill equiped, you can go to the hotel in Traverse Town. There are 3 Defenders and 4 Wizards there. Just defeat them, exit the hotel and re-enter and they've spawned again.

SE changed the drop rate for the Defender shield and Wizard staff from 2% to 0.2% in KH Final Mix. In Kingdom Hearts I had about 3-5 of each. KH 2 Final Mix has even more enemy weapons, not looking forward to that :S .

Thanks I will do that :) I remember in ps2 was way easier, I had 2 shields and more staffs though, I think is easier since wizard is way more common than defenders.

It's weird, I thought the chocobo race was easy after a couple of tries. The only trophies I dread is doing the butterfly challenges for Kimiari's ultimate weapon and the lightning bolts. The lightning bolts isn't bad once you get in a rhythm, but those butterfly challenges....damn...

Also, does anyone else not realize that you have to complete the grid for EVERYONE!?!? I had almost 200 hours and didn't even have 1 character finished! That'll probably take me YEARS to do esp. since I don't have the "grind gene" if you catch my drift...

just wondering what you did in 200 hrs o.O

maybe people are not that surprised...what to expect.. what is RPG (or rather FF game) without grinding?as far as I remember it took me 140+ hours to force finish the game and I only have Rikku with completed grid and that is not even the perfect stat...

just wondering what you did in 200 hrs o.O

maybe people are not that surprised...what to expect.. what is RPG (or rather FF game) without grinding?as far as I remember it took me 140+ hours to force finish the game and I only have Rikku with completed grid and that is not even the perfect stat...

LOTS and LOTS of blitzball! Don't get me wrong, Tidus, Auron, and Yuna were all very close to completing the sphere grid (esp. Yuna). When I played through it, I focused on getting Ultimate weapons (hence, the S*** ton of blitzball, but nevertheless, I love playing blitzball). Plus, after Tidus, Auron, and Yuna could all pull out 99999 pretty easily, I lost all motivation to keep training them! At that point, I just beat the game and put it back on the shelf! :P