Physical release, but does it work?

Ancestral_Spirit

Just noticed that this game is getting a physical release, but it seems no one on PSNP has finished the game.

The percentage rating for it on PSN itself is pretty high mind you, so is it just that no one on here has really attempted it yet?

From what i'm reading from Steam users, it's really damned hard  >.<

Not only that, but from what i can gather from people who have it on xbox, it probably shouldn't have been released in the state it was in. Not because the game was glitchy or broken in any way, but because the times the game requires some of the challenges to be finished in, are the sort of times that would make world record speed runners blush.

Any one have the game and care to comment?

I'm a physical collector, but i don't really wanna play a game that appears to be impossible right now.

EDIT: Apparently the achievements are possible on PC and Xbox, can't comment for Playstation though

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, FishOfPain said:

I just got my Red Art copy and I see that @Dark_Overlord managed to plat it recently. Congrats guys!

How difficult would you say it was?

Were there any glitches affecting the trophy, or was it just that it was really hard?

It's pretty fun :)  The PS4 version does seem to suffer from input lag at times (failed a lot of jumps due to this)

I would say a 6/10 for difficulty except for one thing (I'll mention it in a min),

There's 3 difficulties

Easy - Inf health

Normal - 3 health

Hard - 3 Health + Required combo

if you start the game on hard from the off you'll have a far easier time overall (Story trophies do not pop on hard btw XD), on hard mode you have to keep a combo going by picking up skulls whilst also doing the level objective (there is no difference between the damage the enemies do or how they act between difficulties).  Hard mode will get you into the 'right' way to play the challenges.

The Arcade mode trophies are guaranteed if you finish the act, you get 3 lives per stage to complete it, plus unless it's a timed mission (of which there are very few) you can take as long as you like to safely finish a stage.  This is set to normal difficulty.

The challenges are where the plat blocking will come into play xD  95% of them are easy and I had no problem first time doing them.  There are a few that are a bit tough, but there's one rather early on that is by far and away the hardest part of them game.... Stage 17, I had more attempts at this challenge than every other challenge put together.  Now bear in mind this was nerfed before it got to PS4, originally it was 30 seconds on PC and Xbox, luckily it's now 40 seconds, but still it's damn hard.  This one challenge alone makes me want to bump the difficulty up to an 8.

For the best way to progress the game

Hard Campaign

Easy Campaign + Challenges (yes you get inf health for the challenges)

Arcade

Oh and finding the Riggs family, that apparently is random, but I found them all on my easy playthrough in Act 3.  Everything else will pop as you do your playthroughs (except the 50 arcade runs) :)

No glitches as far as I could tell, though there is one level near the end where you have to destroy some cameras, now I could never find the last camera, but it is there, it just seems to be obscured by the foreground (you'll prob accidentally destroy it whilst killing enemies).

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 2

On 07/03/2023 at 3:11 PM, FishOfPain said:

I just got my Red Art copy and I see that @Dark_Overlord managed to plat it recently. Congrats guys!

How difficult would you say it was?

Were there any glitches affecting the trophy, or was it just that it was really hard?

After watching him play it for some time, I'd say the game is certainly difficult but not so mind bogglingly difficult as to be a 9-10/10 difficulty.

I'm not sure why so few people have played it either.

The game functions pretty damn well, it's aesthetically pleasing to look at, frantic, fast paced 2D shooter arcade like action.

You'd think it'd be a shoe in for an all time fave for some people, but nope, it's gone completely under the radar 

If you're looking for a challenge and you like fast paced 2D action platformers, I'd defo recommend people give it a whirl. ?