Attention! Hide GTA5 if...

D-E-U-S-X

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Yes, that's what I thought. My point was that surely they've still fulfilled the requirements for the trophy, even though the bounty was placed by a modder. Therefore, I don't think people should be flagged for this since they did actually do the trophy requirement. 

Getting a bounty placed on you is part of the requirements for the trophy. You can't survive a bounty if you don't have one.

The key issue is that the feature has been officially removed from the game, and therefore the trophy is unobtainable because nobody has access to it via legitimate means.

To give a comparison from my own profile:

I am 2 trophies away from the platinum on LittleBigPlanet 2. These trophies are for being in the top 25% & 50% of the online scoreboard on any story level. I have met the score requirement for these trophies at least 8 times. But I don't have the trophies because the online scoreboard feature was not uploading new scores (even before the servers were closed).

Edited by StacFace92
  • Like 1

This is a problem with old games with online trophies. After a few years most companies leave the games which are then invaded by hackers. Nobody is punishing them, so the games in question basically become their playground. 

I think this is unfair, but that’s life. If suddenly this website started lifting the flags for those who got that bounty trophy these past few months, you might as well lift the flags for all those people who ran into a hacked lobby in Call of Duty: World at War, because they happened to be there. This is the same thing. 

Every PS3 game with online trophies is a risk now, even if people say the online is safe. I hear many people complain about the online in Far Cry 2, mostly because the game is old and Ubisoft hasn’t cared for it in a long time. 

It sucks, and it sucks that I can’t get the platinum in this, but it just comes down to tough luck. 

Rockstar doesn’t care, and most people playing the PS3 version of GTA V are either modders, or people like myself who trophy hunt. The general public is playing the PS4 or PC versions of the game. Why would they settle for the old PS3 version?

Rockstar changed GTA Online to where the Numero Uno is also unobtainable if you haven’t already done the events. I made a complaint about this for the PS4 version, but the bottom line is they don’t care about us. We’re a small minority.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Rockstar changed GTA Online to where the Numero Uno is also unobtainable if you haven’t already done the events. I made a complaint about this for the PS4 version, but the bottom line is they don’t care about us. We’re a small minority.

All true except the part where it's always been said the game modes would cycle, even before R* confirmed they would, as you would expect from any game as popular as GTA V in order to fix its matchmaking issues (e.g., concentrating players to avoid dead playlists). The missing modes have rotated since, making Numero Uno "obtainable", yet you haven't really gone for it despite being so vocal everywhere about an issue as nonexistent as the one presented in this very thread. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

The couple hundred flagged this time were all found to have asked a modder (or as you call them a hacker) in Discord to trigger their trophies. That’s what is setting these flags off. No plausible deniability that they didn’t know these unobtainable trophies would be given to them by a “hacker”.

What about the rank 100 by modder because I got flagged for that joined a random lobby and got leveled up

6 hours ago, xTROPHY_LEGENDx said:

What about the rank 100 by modder because I got flagged for that joined a random lobby and got leveled up

There have been literal hundreds of posts for year(s) warning people not to do this and to level up in private lobbies if you don't want flagged when your rank is boosted by cheaters.  Despite the warnings you chose to play in a public lobby where this was extremely likely to happen.  The "well I didn't know" excuse really doesn't fly.  

18 hours ago, bratMario said:

EXACTLY

I (already) know that's against the rules (i don't want to accomodate to my case although it looks like) but i thought/suggested how to improve them, they could be more human/fair/etc

The system in place is fair. You can get 2 flagged games and hide them and still be reinstated on the leaderboards. It's literally giving 2 chances to mess up and still be a part of the leaderboard. Playstation Network only allows you to hide the entire trophy list, here (PSNP) can only work with what is possible, how can one just hide one trophy on your PSN if PSN itself doesn't allow that?

The rules in place for cases RTLW will not get more brand, in fact they've become stricter by PSNP owner's will. So either hide the game to be back on the leaderboards or just move on, your arguments aren't going to change a thing.

• Like 2

I got this trophy legit after the function was removed from the game though. I don't think many people are aware of this but you can receive help from Rockstar support and actually have them place a bounty on your head for you. This is what both me and a friend of mine did to get the trophy last year and it was received the way it would have been intended to since we literally got help from Rockstar themselves.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, footballpro52 said:

I got this trophy legit after the function was removed from the game though. I don't think many people are aware of this but you can receive help from Rockstar support and actually have them place a bounty on your head for you. This is what both me and a friend of mine did to get the trophy last year and it was received the way it would have been intended to since we literally got help from Rockstar themselves.

I have dealt with Rockstar support regarding a myriad of different issues, mostly with the PC version. They are unfortunately incompetent, they are hired just so Rockstar can say they have a support service. You are the first person that I have heard of that claims they got Rockstar to place a bounty on them so if this is true, it's quite the solution. Do you have any proof? Their support does keep chat logs which you can access.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

The other trophies are valid because they can be obtained without custom firmware through normal means. RLTW can only be obtained with the assistance of someone with custom firmware/cheats, hence the trophy will get you flagged for having it. Im not sure what is so difficult to understand here?  You're free to not hide the game but you won't be able to participate in the leaderboards. 

Why do people care about the leaderboards so much. Do people really wake up in the morning and are proud at being the 1st on here to have a trophy. I dont get it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, carter12008 said:

Why do people care about the leaderboards so much. Do people really wake up in the morning and are proud at being the 1st on here to have a trophy. I dont get it.

Some people really care. 

In the end though, as i have pointed out dozens of times, if you don't have both the Tony Hawk RIDE  and SHRED plats...your leaderboard position doesn't matter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Some people really care. 

In the end though, as i have pointed out dozens of times, if you don't have both the Tony Hawk RIDE  and SHRED plats...your leaderboard position doesn't matter.

hmm weird. Nope dont have neither as i never played either one of those.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carter12008 said:

hmm weird. Nope dont have neither as i never played either one of those.

Lol most people never played and even less platted them. I was dumb enough to not only do both but write the trophy guides as well ?.

Damn near broke my neck during Ride which is why i always say that.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Some people really care. 

Clearly not as skill based as my Eyepet platinum, thank you very much.

• Like 2

The thing is it doesn't really matter what people think should be allowed or shouldn't be allowed, what should be flagged and what shouldn't be flagged. This is Sly's site. He created it and therefore can set the rules any way he likes. He doesn't have to conform to anybody or anything. He could decide one day that anyone with numbers in their PSN name is banned form the leaderboard and we'd have to accept it. Sure you can voice your opinion against it, but in the end that's all you'd be doing. Your opinion would only matter if Sly happened to share that same opinion. Debating it back and forth in threads like this is pretty pointless, tbh.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Maybe because it's a feature built into the ps4/ps5 and is encouraged by sony? Completely different situation than someone running a mod menu on a hacked console popping your trophies. 

It's a case of not legitimately earning a trophy vs not legitimately earning a trophy. Dress it up however you want.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2021 at 9:35 PM, JoesusHCrust said:

I understand that rules are rules but this does seem a little harsh to me. I might be misunderstanding what's being done (it's been a long time since I played GTAV) but surely, although a hacker might have put a bounty on you, you still need to survive. It's not an auto pop so you have fulfilled the requirements for the trophy. 

The requirements to unlock the trophy cannot be earned within legitimate means though, it is impossible to earn the trophy without the assistance of CFW be it directly or indirectly.

12 hours ago, ryanofx92 said:

It's a case of not legitimately earning a trophy vs not legitimately earning a trophy. Dress it up however you want.

If you earn a trophy via shareplay, you (or someone else via shareplay) still has to fullfill the requirements of the trophy to get it to unlock. And if that trophy is unobtainable then even via shareplay it will still be unobtainable.

In the case of RLTW, it is unobtainable. However through the use of CFW (which is cheating and not allowed) it is obtainable, even though it still should still be unobtainable.

See the difference?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jninja79 said:

The requirements to unlock the trophy cannot be earned within legitimate means though, it is impossible to earn the trophy without the assistance of CFW be it directly or indirectly.

If you earn a trophy via shareplay, you (or someone else via shareplay) still has to fullfill the requirements of the trophy to get it to unlock. And if that trophy is unobtainable then even via shareplay it will still be unobtainable.

In the case of RLTW, it is unobtainable. However through the use of CFW (which is cheating and not allowed) it is obtainable, even though it still should still be unobtainable.

See the difference?

The difference you've pointed out has no bearing on what should and shouldn't be permitted.

• Like 3