Attention! Hide GTA5 if...

D-E-U-S-X

14 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

Play in invite-only lobbies and nobody can place a hacked bounty on you. I did it this way and hadn't had any problems at all with hackers.

I think you’re continuing to miss the point others are trying to make in this thread:

Not everyone is going to be in full control of what happens to them when playing online games, especially if they’re not in the know or don’t even use forums to find out that hackers are rampant in GTA V. Players should not have to limit themselves to a game mode in an online portion of a game just to appease to CRT and other members of PSNProfiles too. 

And while those who sought out the help of hackers/modders deserve to be flagged, your earlier analogy about doping food doesn’t really work here, as those who weren’t caught testing positive for doped food can still be cheaters themselves, there’s just no proof there. There are probably hundreds of people still on the leaderboards who had assistance from someone whether it was intentional or not, they just weren’t caught, and are them still being on the leaderboards hurting anyone? I don’t think so. A measly few rank points is so ridiculously stupid to gripe about, but that’s just me. Can’t believe there’s already pages and pages of people going back and forth over this one trophy still. 

• Like 1

AFAIK the RDR lobbies were glitched, you are not playing with an active hacker. For awhile, like 98% of the lobbies were like that, even if you were in a lobby by yourself. 

According to the "One_Love" discord server (Which seems to be the main discord server for boosters here), there are plenty of people there who happily pay for trophy services. I'm sure all the people there who praise the quality of the services are still on the leaderboards here, despite not earning the trophies themselves. 

On a side rant, I said I though that anyone that had to pay others to earn trophies for them was pathetic...and I was threatened with a ban. 

Run like the wind is a tough call, I think this is the only site that penalizes you for getting it (Along with the other GTAV online stuff). I suppose it makes sense though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

There's a major difference between an open source server, where all of the code is easily viewable versus someone running custom firmware on a modified console. One can get you and your console permanently banned from PSN

What does that have to do with players who didn't even know that there was an issue with RLTW to begin with, jumped into the game because hey why not, and ended up with a trophy they didn't even know was "illegitimate" because they don't keep up with an issue that happened nearly half a decade ago?  

What does that have to do with players who just played the game normally and ended up randomly in a hacked lobby, while attempting to go after the remaining trophies, through no fault of their own?  

What about players who happened to have had legitimate bounties placed on them years ago, put the game away, and decided to jump back in once they heard the servers were closing and earned the trophy legitimately but have no way to prove it?  

None of these people are running custom firmware on a modified console.   But this site continues to actively label them as if they deliberately did something wrong.  "They cheated."  "They violated the rules of the leaderboards."  No.  They didn't do a damn thing.  

"Fuck 'em"  seems to be this site's answer.   This site has not only actively labelled them as "cheaters" and people who "violated the rules of the leaderboards", they are actually looking for sympathy from people because they have to deal with the "nightmare" that they themselves created.   This "nightmare" could have been avoided if the site took the position of literally every other site out there, and decided to do the common sense thing of not punishing players for the actions of someone completely out of their control.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

It doesn't matter what you do afterwards to earn it, it still requires a hacked ps3 to get the bounty to begin with, thus making it illegitimate to earn. The moment rockstar ended the bounty service, it became unobtainable by this sites rules. 

I would completely agree with this if this were yet another situation where the affected player had to take active steps to seek out a hacker to get the trophy.   The problem is that this is not the case here.   What is pissing a lot of us off is that the site is not only tone-deaf to the reality of the situation, but they continue to act as if the affected players intentionally did something wrong, and the only "remedy" they offered doesn't even come close to solving the problem, while still giving the impression that the affected player intentionally cheated to others.  

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

edit: I do want to point out that the lack of consistency from what's allowed or not by the site is what's pissing people off. Red Dead lobby exp is or was approved by the mods and even listed in the trophy guide as it had become "part of the game" now due to modders. However when a similar situation with modders happens on GTA5, it is not allowed, even though it is also "part of the game".  There needs to be equal ruling on all of these games. The flip-flopping isn't helping anyone at all

Now this much I agree with.   At the very least, there needs to be some consistency.  But the site also needs to start taking into consideration the state of the game and the reality of the situation as well when handling corner cases like this, especially one that is likely going to affect hundreds if not thousands of its users going back years.

If they think they're going through hell now, imagine what they're going to go through *after* December, when they start booting a bunch of people off the leaderboards for an issue that happened years ago that those players may not even realize was an issue to begin with.   They're going to get a *lot* of angry emails.  

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I think you’re continuing to miss the point others are trying to make in this thread:

Not everyone is going to be in full control of what happens to them when playing online games, especially if they’re not in the know or don’t even use forums to find out that hackers are rampant in GTA V. Players should not have to limit themselves to a game mode in an online portion of a game just to appease to CRT and other members of PSNProfiles too. 

Another thing to consider:  Their "remedy" of hiding games is likely to make you ineligible for leaderboards on other sites.  PSNP basically forces you into a position of choosing which site's leaderboards you want to be on.   For those who actually do care about their leaderboard rankings for whatever reason, I can see them deciding to leave this site in favor of a competing site if push were to come to shove if they don't want their rankings to be affected elsewhere.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

Another thing to consider:  Their "remedy" of hiding games is likely to make you ineligible for leaderboards on other sites.  PSNP basically forces you into a position of choosing which site's leaderboards you want to be on.   For those who actually do care about their leaderboard rankings for whatever reason, I can see them deciding to leave this site in favor of a competing site if push were to come to shove if they don't want their rankings to be affected elsewhere.  

I get where you’re coming from, but something to consider:

PSNProfiles is pretty ‘lax when it comes to allowing people to hide their cheated games. A competing site may not put up with even a single cheated game being on someone’s profile if they’re on the leaderboards. If it were up to me, I personally wouldn’t tolerate cheating whatsoever and get rid of the stupid 3 strike rule. Essentially, once I know for a fact someone cheated in a game for the trophies, they’re gone. 

And if there really is a competing site elsewhere, I do imagine the admins may do a better job of being less biased and not posting stupid memes under every dispute like some do here, but I don’t see the leaderboard system being much better elsewhere. The issue lies with personal bias, not the leaderboards. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, Otonio_Bruno said:

The system in place is fair. You can get 2 flagged games and hide them and still be reinstated on the leaderboards. It's literally giving 2 chances to mess up and still be a part of the leaderboard. Playstation Network only allows you to hide the entire trophy list, here (PSNP) can only work with what is possible, how can one just hide one trophy on your PSN if PSN itself doesn't allow that?

The rules in place for cases RTLW will not get more brand, in fact they've become stricter by PSNP owner's will. So either hide the game to be back on the leaderboards or just move on, your arguments aren't going to change a thing.

The system is bullshit. I literally tell them that the games that are flagged aren’t modded (e.g infinite warfare) I did the perkaholic easteregg which voids the ee trophy but I got the hasslehoff trophy. Apparently using built in feature isn’t allowed. Smh.

20 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

The system is bullshit. I literally tell them that the games that are flagged aren’t modded (e.g infinite warfare) I did the perkaholic easteregg which voids the ee trophy but I got the hasslehoff trophy. Apparently using built in feature isn’t allowed. Smh.

You used the skull hacker card I'm guessing? Those disable trophies on any of the maps if you use the card to gain immediate access to the arcade machine to get the permaperks

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You used the skull hacker card I'm guessing? Those disable trophies on any of the maps if you use the card to gain immediate access to the arcade machine to get the permaperks

Yep. I tried the button code to see if I at least unlock hasslehoff and I did. Apparently that’s an unspoken rule that I broke. Honestly disappointing 

2 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Yep. I tried the button code to see if I at least unlock hasslehoff and I did. Apparently that’s an unspoken rule that I broke. Honestly disappointing 

It's unfortunate that it doesn't give you a warning the first time you equip the card to let you know it will disable trophies

4 hours ago, willmill97 said:

I'm actually looking forward for these servers to close now, will never have to see any more Run Like the Wins topics again ?

in fact you will continue to see posts from people who have been affected at some point, this phenomenon will take a while to completely disappear...

4 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

AFAIK the RDR lobbies were glitched, you are not playing with an active hacker. For awhile, like 98% of the lobbies were like that, even if you were in a lobby by yourself. 

no. rdr has been heavily modified in some way. those bodies are not the result of the game itself, they were dozens of bodies placed by modders. somehow these bodies remained in public lobbies, even empty ones.

On 01/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, DaivRules said:

The couple hundred flagged this time were all found to have asked a modder (or as you call them a hacker) in Discord to trigger their trophies. That’s what is setting these flags off. No plausible deniability that they didn’t know these unobtainable trophies would be given to them by a “hacker”.

i never asked anyone yet i got flagged ?

• Like 2

this is what i would personally do for this trophy:

i feel like the easiest solution for this would be to allow people to get the trophy but then whoever gets the trophy after when it came unattainable they simply lose the points from the run like the wind trophy and the platinum trophy, every other trophy on the list still gives points as Normal. I know sites that do this to stop issues like this and all it does is keep people on leader boards without having to hide a game from their profile.

i feel like people shouldn't have to hide a game cause of a trophy that they didn't mean to earn so the solution above lets you not hide your game but also still be on the leaderboards. all you would need to do it mark the trophy as whitelisted. then i would just add a thing in the section near the premium and hidden buttons on the top left and have a W for whitelisted where it shows everyone that you have a whitelisted trophy where its not counted towards leaderboards but can still be displayed on their profile without issues

what do you guys think of this solution? 

Edited by JFL_Leon
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JFL_Leon said:

what do you guys think of this solution? 

As has been discussed to death, almost everyone would love a whitelist. But it doesn’t exist. Please search out the whole whitelist conversation and read it all to see what has been discussed and why it doesn’t exist yet. 

• Like 1

On 31.10.2021 at 9:53 PM, bratMario said:

Maybe just no? Why should I? Because of broken flagging system? Other trophies from the game are still just fine and valid according CRT, only just RLtW isn't. But I agree with you, I will move on and get the rest trophies from GTA5 (PS3) incuding platinum one. Amen. 

Yeah, I got flagged for being on the server in 2021, while I got the 100% in 2018 LMFAO. I was just looking for a hacker to help my friend get it before they shut down the servers. I won't hide the game either. I got the platinum trophy legit, it was time consuming and I put a lot of effort into it. I don't care about the leaderboards. They are filled with region stacks anyways.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Yeah, I got flagged for being on the server in 2021, while I got the 100% in 2018 LMFAO. I was just looking for a hacker to help my friend get it before they shut down the servers. I won't hide the game either. I got the platinum trophy legit, it was time consuming and I put a lot of effort into it. I don't care about the leaderboards. They are filled with region stacks anyways.

You got the RLTW trophy in 2018, so how is it legit if it was made unattainable in 2017?

I don't care about this game BTW, just seeing why it needed hiding.

30 minutes ago, Arron147 said:

You got the RLTW trophy in 2018, so how is it legit if it was made unattainable in 2017?

I don't care about this game BTW, just seeing why it needed hiding.

Yeah I was wondering how people are getting it daily recently. They are surprisingly also still on the leaderboards. 

I've had it on ps4 for a while but since this tends to be a topic that just won't end its still something I wonder.

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebulba2000 said:

You have a run like the wind after 2017 and ranked trophies that are 7 seconds apart, you absolutely did cheat lol.

• Like 1