Attention! Hide GTA5 if...

D-E-U-S-X

14 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Call it as you'd like, I didn't ask for any of this, so that ain't my fault. Also, I got the equivalent amount of RP needed to level up to rank 100 later just to make myself feel, I got it legit. I don't care for any of this. I just needed a feeling of legit accomplishment for myself. You guys here are horribly inquisitive with checking other people's trophies to verify their legitness.

Also, as always people seem to totally miss my point. My point was the admins claiming they banned me because I was in a hacker's Discord server in 2021 and looked for assistance there, while having the game finished to 100% in 2018. Anyways, I didn't ask for help, just got a bounty by an accident and I felt like doing the trophy legit. But I probably would ask for help, because it's much more important for me to have a 100% profile, than be on one site's leaderboards.

You may find getting RLTW post 2017 illegitimate, but then if it was stated clear it can't be earned legit, why not just ban everyone from the leaderboards who got the trophy post April 2017 straight away? 

You still got the trophies illegitimately, thus you're not on the leaderboards. It's a simple concept, though you don't have to agree with it. The fact remains that it is what this site considers cheating.

1 hour ago, Sebulba2000 said:

You may find getting RLTW post 2017 illegitimate, but then if it was stated clear it can't be earned legit, why not just ban everyone from the leaderboards who got the trophy post April 2017 straight away? 

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the CRT is doing, but there's an overwhelming number of profiles to comb through and this likely isn't their full time job.  They'll get everyone eventually.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:28 AM, B1rvine said:

There's a coop game that shares servers with the PC community, where someone from the PC side used cheat tools not native to the game and put some god mode on.

Is that referring to Back 4 Blood?

On 11/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, SnowxSakura said:

. Red Dead lobby exp is or was approved by the mods and even listed in the trophy guide as it had become "part of the game" now due to modders.

I've never played Red Dead, but wouldn't this be akin to how Black Ops 2/Black Ops 1's theater mode have infection menus? Wouldn't those infections be deemed part of the game, since the player is getting the modifications directly from the games' theater mechanic, rather than an actual modder? 

16 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the CRT is doing, but there's an overwhelming number of profiles to comb through and this likely isn't their full time job.  They'll get everyone eventually.

Not really. The amount of banned profiles is inconsistent. There seems to be quite a lot people who got it recently all the way to August. If they're going to do something like it, then just ban everyone in the "latest achievers" in descending order

On 11/2/2021 at 0:05 PM, HuntingFever said:

The difference is that Rockstar disabled the bounty system so the only way to get this trophy is by either asking a hacker in a modded server to put a bounty on you since legit ones no longer exist or accidentally land in a hacked server and have one just appear. Regardless of if you get a bounty by accidentally landing in a hacked server or are dumb enough to seek out a hacker and ask them to put one on you, the trophy was earned illegitimately because the legal way of getting it is now impossible.

if this is your logic, then EVERYONE who obtained this trophy after April 2017 should be flagged, since this was when the feature was officially removed by Rockstar

but then, if obtaining trophies after features are officially discontinued aren't allowed, then what about all those games that have had servers closed by publishers/developers but are accessible through 3rd party open source code? why are they allowed? they aren't official

u see, the problem with some of these flags are lack of consistency and common sense. ANYONE with an unmodded console can innocently be playing GTA and run into a modded lobby. in what universe is this the player's fault? yes I know there are many ppl who would deliberately seek out modders/modded lobbies, but I feel that in cases like this common sense should prevail. As long as it is possible to unintentionally access a modded online lobby just from PLAYING LIKE A NORMAL PERSON, then that player/trophy shouldn't be flagged. in these specific instances, timestamps do not establish intent, and it is preferable (imo) for deliberate cheaters to get away with this than for innocents to be punished

I know that there will be leaderboard purists who will froth at the mouth to tell me illegitimate trophies aren't wanted on the leaderboard... and this is a totally reasonable pov... but I say the leaderboard loses its integrity when it blatantly treats innocent gamers as cheaters (or to be more specific.. pretends that innocent victims don't exist),  or when it has no consistency between flagging one type of trophy/game, while another game with the same circumstances gets a free pass (RDR hacked bodies for illegitimate XP  boosts anyone?).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, PayneKillerTears said:

but then, if obtaining trophies after features are officially discontinued aren't allowed, then what about all those games that have had servers closed by publishers/developers but are accessible through 3rd party open source code? why are they allowed? they aren't official

Do open source servers require a hacked console to set up?  Hacked console being the key term.  The few open source servers are open source to verify they're as identical to official servers as possible.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

Imagine joining a game of GTA V online for the first time, after having briefly read through the trophy list, and getting a bounty placed on your head. You first think, oh, a bounty? I should try to survive to get the trophy! Upon earning it, legitimately, in 2021, you get flagged here. Lmao. That's peak inconsistency and makes this system look like an absolute joke.

This trophy remains entirely possible. Its just harder to get a bounty placed on you because its limited to a smaller pool of people that have the ability to do it. Doesn't matter how they have the ability; it is still a feature that one can encounter through totally legitimate gameplay (on the person who receives the bounty).

Mate, you keep saying "legitimately" when it requires a hacked console in the first place.  The player may do the requirements on their end completely normal, but technically, they can never be in the position to execute the requirements without a hacked console first putting them there.

I dont think any of your guys' arguments are going to change Sly's mind.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

Imagine joining a game of GTA V online for the first time, after having briefly read through the trophy list, and getting a bounty placed on your head. You first think, oh, a bounty? I should try to survive to get the trophy! Upon earning it, legitimately, in 2021, you get flagged here. Lmao. That's peak inconsistency and makes this system look like an absolute joke.

I should like to think that most people  hopping onto a what, 7(?) year old ps3 game - especially on this website, and especially after the server closure was announced, would have the foresight to give the guide and/or forums a quick glance. It wouldn't have taken much to see the giant red flag

I just find it very hard to believe that most people actively trophy hunting here could just accidentally stumble into these messes.  Sadly, the tidal wave of recent disputes where people tried to lie their way out just reinforced that feeling 

1 hour ago, CobraMJD said:

I think you all are thinking too much on the topic and on semantics 

Two friends on private lobby can't get the trophy in a legit way. 

The trophy is not legit. The End.

That statement is false. The lobbys are so bad that, sometimes you wil be kicked from your lobby and placed in a public match. You don´t even need to be long in that lobby so that a hacker can do something to you. Oh and when you do the heists and do not have 3 friends that are doing that shit with you (We were 3 people so we needet everytime someone else), than the person that joins can also be a hacker. Someone spawned a ufo and other thinks in MY lobby because i was the host. We abort the mission immediatly but the ufo was there another 3 days.

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I dont think any of your guys' arguments are going to change Sly's mind.

Can’t speak for the other guy but I was just giving my 2 cents

Wasnt my intention to change Sly’s mind. I may be a new poster but I’m a long time lurker and I know Sly never pays attention to constructive community feedback 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PayneKillerTears said:

Do I need to hack my own console to inadvertently join a modded lobby? 

I was pointing out the difference.  They allow open-source servers because those dont spawn from hacked consoles as far as I know.  Nothing is modified in the game.  There is no hacked console anywhere in the equation.

Even if your console isnt hacked, and you join a modded lobby, there's still a hacked console in the equation.  Even if you yourself have nothing to do with it.  I know people mention the Red Dead lobbies as comparison, but i think that one comes down to what can easily be proven by timestamps and what cannot.

I do agree though, that this type of issue needs to be better addressed soon because we're slowly moving into an area where multi platform games with PC hacks can affect consoles.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Feichti1992 said:

That statement is false. The lobbys are so bad that, sometimes you wil be kicked from your lobby and placed in a public match. You don´t even need to be long in that lobby so that a hacker can do something to you. Oh and when you do the heists and do not have 3 friends that are doing that shit with you (We were 3 people so we needet everytime someone else), than the person that joins can also be a hacker. Someone spawned a ufo and other thinks in MY lobby because i was the host. We abort the mission immediatly but the ufo was there another 3 days.

I understand what you saying and I'm not saying that's fair, but the trophy is still not legit.

11 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Do open source servers require a hacked console to set up?  Hacked console being the key term.  The few open source servers are open source to verify they're as identical to official servers as possible.

U seem to be picking and choosing your argument. A 3rd party open source server IS NOT the same as an official first party server. The first party server was closed. It no longer exists.

However, according to u (well the CRT but u agree with it), an open source server is as “identical to official servers as possible”…. then me using my unmodded console and inadvertently entering a hacked lobby and having a bounty placed on me by another person, i still have to “perform an action that is identical to being in an official lobby as possible” to obtain the RLTW trophy 

Edited by PayneKillerTears
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PayneKillerTears said:

U seem to be picking and choosing your argument. A 3rd party open source server IS NOT the same as an official first party server. The first party server was closed. It no longer exists 

I'm not picking and choosing any argument, I thought it was pretty clear.  It's two different topics.  

(Aa far as I know) there is no hacked console in the open-source servers. It's kept open source to show that.

The ability to place a bounty requires someone to hack their console.  You cannot be in the position to acquire the trophy without someone hacking a console.

You're trying to make an argument off of closed sources when the problem is a hacked console.  I'm not going to spin my wheels with this anymore, ciao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PayneKillerTears said:

Player 1 started gta back in 2016. Bounty was placed on them. They stopped playing before time ran out for them to get the trophy. 5 years later they saw the server closure announcement and decided to clean up their trophy list. Booted up the game, are in a regular lobby.. Survived the required time without dying and RLTW trophy pops in 2021 

Player 2 also started the game back in 2016. However, never had a bounty placed on them. Fast forward 5 years, saw server closure, deliberately ask a modder to place a hacked bounty on them. RLTW trophy pops in 2021

How do u tell by looking at the time stamps that player 1 is legit and player 2 solicited a modder with a hacked console? The fact that player 2 “deserves” to be flagged makes it acceptable to flag player 1 by the same standards? 

People keep talking about maintaining the integrity of the leaderboards.. where’s the integrity in flagging innocent ppl? 

See this I agree with. 

I'm all for removing people from the leaderboards if they have sought out a modder ect, cheated... Blah blah blah

At the end of the day you shouldn't be on the leaderboards if any of your trophies were obtained are by illegitimate means. 

But there needs to be 100% certainty that person did indeed cheat. 

If it can't be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt then how are you certain the person you're removing is Infact a cheater? 

Too much theorising and speculation goes in to disputes that otherwise seem legit. 

There is so much pressure put on a disputer to prove their legitimacy, but there's nothing there to police the accuser. 

In saying that I do not envy the CRT at all. 

They have a damned if you do damned if you don't job, and it's one they don't get paid for. 

Decisions are always going to be made that someone isn't going to agree with. 

And sometimes they will get things wrong. 

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge