GTA5 PS3 Flagging Query

amurnin100

I’m putting this here and I’ll let one of the mods move it to where it’s applicable as I’m not sure where this goes, so open admission, I’ve 2 flags on my PSN however I’ve still got to do some of the misc trophies (not level related or wind trophy) , if  I get pulled into a hacker server , then the remaining trophies are popped and then flagged on here when I bring my account back on , is that me off the leaderboards for good?

BTW I’ve no intension of using any cheating forum (last chance saloon here)

N.B this is not a flag dispute , simply a query for those wanting to finish the game 100% while not risking a flag.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by amurnin100

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

If you earn trophies illegitimately, even accidentally, you are liable to be flagged.

I would tread with caution.

Agreed, might leave this game then , it’s only the additional trophies I need like spend 15 mil and don’t get hit in a heist finale as well as platinum awards.

16 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

BTW I’ve no intension of using discord , and I don’t even know how to use it.

Thank you in advance.

Are you under some sort of impression that using Discord = hacking games?

There are plenty of legitimate gamers using the platform.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, kyle_mcready said:

Very likely, yes. But what you could do is hide the game now, then once you are finished playing it only unhide it if nothing pops wrongly.

That's a very smart idea, I'm not OP but thanks for pointing this out, didn't even think about it.

The only disadvantage doing that is not being able to create or join boosting sessions.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

If you earn trophies illegitimately, even accidentally, you are liable to be flagged.

I would tread with caution.

According to a discussion I had in the forums months ago with someone from CRT, RLTW on GTA V PS3 isn’t a flaggable trophy if and only if there isn’t any proof that you sought out help from a hacker outright. All of these recent disputers have been caught seeking out help from someone named Le_Marco. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

The problem is those level and bounty trophies were whitelisted. If someone didn’t reach top 50 of fastest achievers then they would be fine. So right now, does this rule change? Because even people that didn’t request anything from that server were flagged right now…

Totally agreed. I think I read someone saying that, if you got that trophies from a random hacker without meaning to, you might not be flagged if you don't reach top X achievers or something like that.

I've been flagged due to requesting RLTW help, but I'm trying to get back to that server to show I finally didn't take his help. I don't think it's completely fair for all of us but I understand this case it's a tricky one and not easy to proceed.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a big grey area. I'd only play in private lobbies to be safe. Luckily, you can pretty much do everything alone or with a few boosting partners.

Older PS3 titles are plagued with hackers, and regardless of intention, any trophy earned illegitimately, even by accident is flaggable. I believe it's the exact reason why you are allowed three flags to make sure that accidents don't end up removing too many people from the leaderboards.

Clearly, anyone who is actually looking for hacker assistance should be flagged, but when real accidents happen, it's sad.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Seba_Racer_GT said:

I am in the same situation as others here. I was in a solo session and suddenly I had a bounty on me. I opened a dispute but it was closed with no chance for me to reply. The following happend to me:

So first of all the 17 th of October I was loading to GTA online and suddenly I got stuck on the loading screen. So I restarted the game, uninstall the game, did all what I could find in forums to fix this issue with no positive results. So I contacted Rockstar support, I have all the emails as proof. They told me that my account got corrupted so the only solution was to restore my account which meant that I will lose everything and they will only be able to give me back my level and money earned. In order to give me my level and money back I had to create a new character and level it up to level 5. So the 19 th I did that, created a new character, did the introduction with the first race against Lamar and then the first mission immediately after that is to take the drugs to Gerald. After the mission finished suddenly I received a bounty from an unknown for $25.000. I was in a solo session and I have pictures as proof. So I suicide myself in game and I went to win some solo races in order to get to level 5 so I could reply to Rockstar support that I was ready for them to restore my level and money back. I hope it is clear that I never had the intention to get this trophy. After what happend to my account I only play solo or invite only sessions. Even all the progress that I had for the 30 platinum awards trophy was gone and I had to restart all over again.

Link with photos:https://flic.kr/ps/3XEMKi

I believe RLTW is won/lost by other players killing you, not yourself.  So if you get a bounty on your head by a hacker you'd want to go into a public lobby (or invite a friend) and get killed by another actual player to avoid getting the trophy.

Edited by JunkSkelington

1 hour ago, kyle_mcready said:

Very likely, yes. But what you could do is hide the game now, then once you are finished playing it only unhide it if nothing pops wrongly.

In fact this would be a good strategy for any game with a risk of hacked servers autopopping trophies. Preemptively hide it, and only unhide if safe to do so.

???? Amazing idea :D

59 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The level and bounty trophies were never whitelisted because there is no actual whitelist here. The top 50 fastest achievers reference was only a higher priority, and those get quickly reported by members who monitor those things. The Leaderboard rules didn't change in that a modder using external tools altered game code, making trophies earned that way illegitimate for the leaderboard. The people who want to claim they didn't request anything but were flagged can make their case in the disputes.

I already made a dispute case with not good result. I never requested anyone to give me a bounty. The link with pictures I posted show that I was playing in a solo session. I didn't message any of those hackers that are out there. I only play with other people that plays normally to boost online trophies in various games.

3 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Kind of ridiculous that you can get flagged for something that isn't your fault. I suppose the other side of the coin though is that, if it were allowed, you'd have people intentionally getting illegitimate trophies and claiming it was an accident.

Yeah I totally agree with your point, but the difference is that I have the proof that shows that I am innocent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seba_Racer_GT said:

I already made a dispute case with not good result. I never requested anyone to give me a bounty. The link with pictures I posted show that I was playing in a solo session. I didn't message any of those hackers that are out there. I only play with other people that plays normally to boost online trophies in various games.

And here is how the owner of the site has decided about the situation:

M2fd2IN.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Seba_Racer_GT said:

I am in the same situation as others here. I was in a solo session and suddenly I had a bounty on me. I opened a dispute but it was closed with no chance for me to reply. The following happend to me:

So first of all the 17 th of October I was loading to GTA online and suddenly I got stuck on the loading screen. So I restarted the game, uninstall the game, did all what I could find in forums to fix this issue with no positive results. So I contacted Rockstar support, I have all the emails as proof. They told me that my account got corrupted so the only solution was to restore my account which meant that I will lose everything and they will only be able to give me back my level and money earned. In order to give me my level and money back I had to create a new character and level it up to level 5. So the 19 th I did that, created a new character, did the introduction with the first race against Lamar and then the first mission immediately after that is to take the drugs to Gerald. After the mission finished suddenly I received a bounty from an unknown for $25.000. I was in a solo session and I have pictures as proof. So I suicide myself in game and I went to win some solo races in order to get to level 5 so I could reply to Rockstar support that I was ready for them to restore my level and money back. I hope it is clear that I never had the intention to get this trophy. After what happend to my account I only play solo or invite only sessions. Even all the progress that I had for the 30 platinum awards trophy was gone and I had to restart all over again.

Link with photos:https://flic.kr/ps/3XEMKi

I've never seen a case like this, where in a solo/invite only session you get a bounty. looks like something the game itself would set you up for stealing a car or something.

35 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

I believe RLTW is won/lost by other players killing you, not yourself.  So if you get a bounty on your head by a hacker you'd want to go into a public lobby (or invite a friend) and get killed by another actual player to avoid getting the trophy.

the fact is that he supposedly received a bounty in a solo session, killing himself wouldn't remove the bounty that's true, but it's still something out of the loop for that to have occurred.

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

And here is how the owner of the site has decided about the situation:

M2fd2IN.png

sly's response is hilarious and even unfair, this could easily be resolved with a whitelist, pretty soon these trophies will be unattainable forever anyway.

19 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Kind of ridiculous that you can get flagged for something that isn't your fault. I suppose the other side of the coin though is that, if it were allowed, you'd have people intentionally getting illegitimate trophies and claiming it was an accident.

"isn't your fault"

They were flagged because it was their fault.