GTA5 PS3 Flagging Query

amurnin100

42 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Kind of ridiculous that you can get flagged for something that isn't your fault. I suppose the other side of the coin though is that, if it were allowed, you'd have people intentionally getting illegitimate trophies and claiming it was an accident.

CFW could be detected though ?

24 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

the fact is that he supposedly received a bounty in a solo session, killing himself wouldn't remove the bounty that's true, but it's still something out of the loop for that to have occurred.

I'm not calling him a liar but that's literally not how it works.  You can't get a bounty in a solo session.  Taking a screenshot of your notifications tab where the game doesn't show what type of lobby you're in is hardly "proof" of this.  

• Like 2

Came back to GTA V a couple weeks ago for a couple of the easy online trophies you can get solo, I don't know what the chances are of a boosting session ending up with a hacker in it but I decided it wasn't worth the risk as I don't want any hidden games on my account if I can help it

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zultan8212 said:

I just find it funny such a big deal is being made about these 4 trophies when the leaderboards are as broken as the trophy system at this point. These 4 trophies alone aren't going to make any difference in someone's standing when others can literally earn hundreds of trophies a day. It takes no skill to get to the top of the leaderboards anymore. It's all about who can buy/play the most shovel ware. 

I understand flagging people that have gone out of their way to contact a hacker if it can be proven. Otherwise it just seems trivial to me. In any case, glad I never popped this list. 

You're right, so people should just let those 4 trophies go and stop using the actions of a modder to obtain them. They can focus on getting hundreds of trophies a day that don't require external software to obtain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

You're right, so people should just let those 4 trophies go and stop using the actions of a modder to obtain them. They can focus on getting hundreds of trophies a day that don't require external software to obtain.

That was my intention to get all the trophies that are still obtainable, but i still got run like the wind even when i was playing in a solo session and got flagged. I dont know how i got a bounty and I did not contact any of those hackers. 

Just now, Seba_Racer_GT said:

That was my intention to get all the trophies that are still obtainable, but i still got run like the wind even when i was playing in a solo session and got flagged. I dont know how i got a bounty and I did not contact any of those hackers. 

So you have illegitimate trophies and either need to hide that game to appear on the leaderboards, or just not be on the leaderboards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

I'm not calling him a liar but that's literally not how it works.  You can't get a bounty in a solo session.  Taking a screenshot of your notifications tab where the game doesn't show what type of lobby you're in is hardly "proof" of this.  

Maybe Rockstar put a bounty on me. I had to create a new character since my account got corrupted and need it to level up to level 5 so Rockstar could reestablish my level and money. So I was leveling up with my new character and that happend. So even if I got it without anyone else, I still get flagged for something I didn't want to get. It is black or white, there are no greys in between. There has to be a case by case and see the proofs because this means that we are all in the same bag, the ones that want to get the trophies legit and the ones that ask for help to modders/hackers.

15 minutes ago, Seba_Racer_GT said:

Maybe Rockstar put a bounty on me. I had to create a new character since my account got corrupted and need it to level up to level 5 so Rockstar could reestablish my level and money. So I was leveling up with my new character and that happend. So even if I got it without anyone else, I still get flagged for something I didn't want to get. It is black or white, there are no greys in between. There has to be a case by case and see the proofs because this means that we are all in the same bag, the ones that want to get the trophies legit and the ones that ask for help to modders/hackers.

When was the last time you played before noticing you had a bounty? Perhaps you stopped playing in 2013 or something, connected now, and got the bounty you had back then, I remember, correct me if I’m wrong, that bounties don’t disappear when you quit the game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ypsiruonu said:

When was the last time you played before noticing you had a bounty? Perhaps you stopped playing in 2013 or something, connected now, and got the bounty you had back then, I remember, correct me if I’m wrong, that bounties don’t disappear when you quit the game.

Wouldn’t this pass in real time and the trophy popped straight away when you booted the game though ?

Edited by amurnin100

7 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

I’m putting this here and I’ll let one of the mods move it to where it’s applicable as I’m not sure where this goes, so open admission, I’ve 2 flags on my PSN however I’ve still got to do some of the misc trophies (not level related or wind trophy) , if  I get pulled into a hacker server , then the remaining trophies are popped and then flagged on here when I bring my account back on , is that me off the leaderboards for good?

BTW I’ve no intension of using any cheating forum (last chance saloon here)

N.B this is not a flag dispute , simply a query for those wanting to finish the game 100% while not risking a flag.

Thank you in advance.

I recommend to everyone that wants to earn these trophies legitimately to go into your online settings and change your MTU setting to 800.  All other settings should remain the same. That way you can get into a solo online lobby and finish these up without the risk of a hacker ruining your time and energy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ypsiruonu said:

I started playing like one month ago. Yeah the bounty stays as far as I know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Wouldn’t this pass in real time and the trophy popped straight away when you booted the game though 1f914.png

Don’t think so, otherwise the bounty system itself would be… well, useless, a bounty lasts around 40 minutes, someone quits  and then everything’s over, granted, some people go in a private lobby alone to wait the time to pass,  making it easy, but it also means  that if they’re forced to do that, they’re required to stay in the game. Also, even if you meet the requirements for a trophy, you still need to access said game, specifically the online portion of this game to register the progress, take LittleBigPlanet, for example,  you can ask people to help you with a trophy, but you’ll get the trophy only when you connect again there, even if you got the requirements years  ago.

Regardless, even if someone searched for a hacker for this trophy you still need to wait the time out to get the trophy "legitimately" (by that I mean doing what the trophy description states).  Now if someone got RLTW, level trophies, and everything else then it would be sus and I would agree to flag.

Rockstar's incompetence to add a simple feature back into their game, which by the way they said they would do, because they were "trying" to deal with hackers should be the real problem here.  Even though I got the trophy years ago when the game came out, I would advocate for a whitelist of this on a term-by-term basis of someone not unlocking all other online trophies at the same time.

And as a joke...people are all worried about hacking to unlock trophies but we've normalized people auto-poping multiple of the same trophies for only completing a game once so that's always a cool stance to take.  So we can do something once and earn multiple of the same trophies, but when someone gets a hacker to set a bounty on them because a basic feature is taken out of the game and they still do the requirements for the trophies everyone loses their minds.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Snickel said:

So we can do something once and earn multiple of the same trophies, but when someone gets a hacker to set a bounty on them because a basic feature is taken out of the game and they still do the requirements for the trophies everyone loses their minds.

Whataboutism is a logical fallacy and not a valid response. 

12 minutes ago, Snickel said:

even if someone searched for a hacker for this trophy you still need to wait the time out to get the trophy "legitimately" (by that I mean doing what the trophy description states). 

Sure. After a modder uses external

software to trigger a feature removed from the game. 

Rockstar makes sooooooo much money with GTA 5 (PS3.. PS4.. PS5 soon), it's a shame they don't do anything anymore on ps3 so people can just enjoy the game the way it should be all the time !

Hackers make their laws ... and that's it, honest people can't do anything about it !

(i'm not talking for me, i'm lucky to be done with GTA 5 ps3 since a long time ... but i think i should finish the PS4 online part very fast, maybe when the PS5 version will be out, the PS4 will be abandonned by Rockstar too ^^')

• Like 1

12 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

If you earn trophies illegitimately, even accidentally, you are liable to be flagged.

I would tread with caution.

This is pointless, as the site allows you to litetally cheat using glitches, exploits or even make your own server in Saints Row: The Third. If there was a way to get from lvl 1 to 100 in seconds, without the use of hackers, they'd be ok, even though you don't earn the trophy the intended way. That doesn't make sense

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snickel said:

I would advocate for a whitelist of this on a term-by-term basis of someone not unlocking all other online trophies at the same time.

Most people would probably be harmed more by a whitelist than helped, at least as most recently envisioned. But this may be a good thing...

A little bit of history some may not be aware of:

Because Sony originally didn't encrypt save files, you could just download a save and it would work on your Playstation 3. The mentality back then for your average gamer was to transfer cool stuff from your PS2 memory card to your friends. Trophy-wise, this led to various early games such as FUEL and SOCOM autopopping trophies. Sony eventually fixed the issue to prevent this, but not for every game prior to the patch. Afterwards, on PSNP, the official rules were made here, disallowing save re-usage. The problem is the majority of the trophy community had already done it. Thus, clean and dirty leaderboards were created. Since cheating "wasn't as easy" then, and mostly done via described PS3 methods, you could hide as many games as you wanted to return to the clean leaderboard. It wasn't until later that someone complained, and the rules were updated to allow only two flagged games to be hidden.

Since then, the dirty leaderboards have disappeared, but the purpose of allowing two cheated games is for those two initial games done before the rules really existed. We also realize someone may cheat one game or two, before they care about trophies or join this site, so that's okay too. In more recent years, the two games are also to address issues like GTA V's hackers.

Anyway, the point of this tale: Why have a leniency system if you're going to have a second leniency system? If a whitelist is made as envisioned, only specific games would be included for it, and there'd be no need for a 3 strike system. It'd be a one strike system (other than about 10-25 games).

Edited by B1rvine

45 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

This is pointless, as the site allows you to litetally cheat using glitches, exploits or even make your own server in Saints Row: The Third. If there was a way to get from lvl 1 to 100 in seconds, without the use of hackers, they'd be ok, even though you don't earn the trophy the intended way. That doesn't make sense

Don’t slay the messenger. I’m neither condoning nor condemning anything. Just a PSA, really.

13 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Most people would probably be harmed more by a whitelist than helped, at least as most recently envisioned. But this may be a good thing...

A little bit of history some may not be aware of:

Because Sony originally didn't encrypt save files, you could just download a save and it would work on your Playstation 3. The mentality back then for your average gamer was to transfer cool stuff from your PS2 memory card to your friends. Trophy-wise, this led to various early games such as FUEL and SOCOM autopopping trophies. Sony eventually fixed the issue to prevent this, but not for every game prior to the patch. Afterwards, on PSNP, the official rules were made here, disallowing save re-usage. The problem is the majority of the trophy community had already done it. Thus, clean and dirty leaderboards were created. Since cheating "wasn't as easy" then, and mostly done via described PS3 methods, you could hide as many games as you wanted to return to the clean leaderboard. It wasn't until later that someone complained, and the rules were updated to allow only two flagged games to be hidden.

Since then, the dirty leaderboards have disappeared, but the purpose of allowing two cheated games is for those two initial games done before the rules really existed. We also realize someone may cheat one game or two, before they care about trophies or join this site, so that's okay too. In more recent years, the two games are also to address issues like GTA V's hackers.

Anyway, the point of this tale: Why have a leniency system if you're going to have a second leniency system? If a whitelist is made as envisioned, only specific games would be included for it, and there'd be no need for a 3 strike system. It'd be a one strike system (other than about 10-25 games).

Yes, I remember the game save days and how it was handled; it must have been a nightmare for sites like this.

And I agree that there shouldn't be a strike system at all.  If you openly and knowingly hack to "automatically" earn trophies maliciously, then there should be no doubt that you are pushed off the leaderboards until the game is hidden.  In actuality, I'm not sure why people even care about an arbitrary leaderboard anyway but that is a discussion for another time.  My point with the quoting of the "automatically" is what I mean.

Specific means and methods would consist of the following: If you hop into a COD WaW lobby and earn every trophy then you should be flagged.  Regardless of if you are just playing around or not, people do research before playing games a majority of the time so you should know what you are getting yourself into and if you don't then you have to hide the game and move on.  On the flip side, for RLTW, you are having a hacker use external programs to give you just the bounty, but you still need to wait it out and do exactly what the trophy is stating you do.  Just because there is negligence within the developers, trophy/achievement hunters should be reprimanded because of using external programs to do what the game originally intended.  There are examples all over the place, and as @Sebulba2000 stated if you're allowed to cheat and use glitches in games why should it matter?  You can downground to a vanilla version of RDR1 to get triple XP, but clearly, Rockstar didn't want people to level up as fast as they were so they patched it to be slower.  Should whoever downgraded be punished because they aren't doing exactly as the developer updated the game to play, just like the hacked body lobbies back in the day?  I know that example does not require using external programs which is what the big issue is with RLTW and all other hacked trophies.

Regardless I could see both sides of the argument and I'm not trying to swing some hammer to say what is right and wrong because if you give people an inch they will take a mile.  I was just stating that each encounter should be its own case (which I know you all do here) and it should be as easy as seeing if someone unlocked any other trophies at the same time to determine if their intentions were malicious or not.