Trophy Thoughts?

I haven’t played the game but from past experience with the series I believe this could a be a hard game.

Top rank requires decent photo scores, speed and good item finds.

You also seem to have to complete the ghost list, which in some of the earlier games is over 300 ghosts and some are wickedly hidden.

Fully upgrading will likely require playthrough son the hardest difficulty and multiple repeats as generally speaking they lock frames, lenses etc behind difficulties.

This could potentially be a 8-9/10 Platinum 

I haven’t played this one either (I only played the ones available on PS2), but general consensus about this game is that the game itself is a bit on the easy side.

But yeah, getting top score on each chapter might be quite a bit harder.

I’d be very surprised if it’s 8/10 or higher though. I’m guessing 5/10 or so. I can’t see this being harder than Resident Evil 2, for example.

The game has chapter select, so you dont need to replay the entire game in order to get points as they are accumulated every time you finish one chapter. 100% completion list will be a pain though as well as getting S rank in all chapters.

I don't even think this is more tan 4 or 5/10 difficulty

Edited by Txustrilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

What is required to achieve an S rank on a chapter? Is it point based?

Yes, plus no items uses and number of films remaining (you can only use type 7 film in order to get bonus points)

The quantity of points you get for photos of non-hostile ghosts are based on proximity.

Edited by Txustrilla

4 hours ago, Txustrilla said:

Yes, plus no items uses and number of films remaining (you can only use type 7 film in order to get bonus points)

The quantity of points you get for photos of non-hostile ghosts are based on proximity.

You’re wrong.

You can use items. Any items, as many as you like. I used tonnes of the second best film and my one Type-0 film along with like 4 purifying embers and 5 sacred waters in Drop 6 and finished it with an S.

you just need to pick up whatever you find for the points and try to chain fatal frame shots. Sometimes you’ll get 2 or even 3 ghosts in a single fatal frame which allows you to track up another 6 or 7 fast as hell, which earns you a tonne more points.

I believe this list will be hard though as I believe you only get 100% Episode completion from snapping all traces, wandering (floating) ghosts and completing it on each difficult. With at least an S-rank on one of them 

19 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Is there a performance video up on how well it runs on PS4 Pro? Optimisation and other stuff.

The game runs really well. I haven’t had a single drop. It’s also a surprisingly nice looking game when you think it’s purely a remaster of a Switch game. The ghosts look fantastic, the water and environments do too and your characters clothes slowly going see through the wetter they get is a really nice touch.

My only complaint so far is movement based in proximity to the camera, sometimes the character will start turning and running into walls. It’s hardly a major issue though.

The game is fantastic overall. An extremely strong, well-weaved story. Very interesting lore and the exploration is top notch. Combat is very arcadey but also a lot of fun and extremely satisfying when you hit a Shutter Chance or Fatal Frame. Fatal Frames are especially satisfying when you chain multiple together to decimate the ghosts. 

• Like 1

At first glance, the copy pasted trophy icons are pathetic. I KNOW, TROPHY ICONS DONT MATTER BUT HEAR ME OUT!!!

When a company makes effort with their trophy artwork, it shows that they care for their game. I see it and think "Thats nice, cool artwork. Somebody showed this trophy list some love. This games got people working on it who pay attention to detail" Overall it leaves a positive impression.

These trophy icons show that the developer couldn't five a f**k. They copy pasted the same dam image over and over and over.

Its literally pathetic. Shows minimal effort. Very poor form.

Trophy artwork is a fun little feature. This games trophy artwork belongs in the bin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ninailez said:

At first glance, the copy pasted trophy icons are pathetic. I KNOW, TROPHY ICONS DONT MATTER BUT HEAR ME OUT!!!

When a company makes effort with their trophy artwork, it shows that they care for their game. I see it and think "Thats nice, cool artwork. Somebody showed this trophy list some love. This games got people working on it who pay attention to detail" Overall it leaves a positive impression.

These trophy icons show that the developer couldn't five a f**k. They copy pasted the same dam image over and over and over.

Its literally pathetic. Shows minimal effort. Very poor form.

Trophy artwork is a fun little feature. This games trophy artwork belongs in the bin.

I agree man, look at games like Alan Wake, the trophy artwork is very detailed and clever with the images.

Gives the game more style if you ask me.

Like I just collected 100 coffee cups so let me see some interesting art for that trophy after all that effort ya know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

You’re wrong.

You can use items. Any items, as many as you like. I used tonnes of the second best film and my one Type-0 film along with like 4 purifying embers and 5 sacred waters in Drop 6 and finished it with an S.

you just need to pick up whatever you find for the points and try to chain fatal frame shots. Sometimes you’ll get 2 or even 3 ghosts in a single fatal frame which allows you to track up another 6 or 7 fast as hell, which earns you a tonne more points.

So what gives you more points, Fatal Frames or Shutter Chances?

Also, does dealing more damage means more points? Killing with lens also means more points iirc

Edited by Txustrilla

5 hours ago, Txustrilla said:

So what gives you more points, Fatal Frames or Shutter Chances?

Also, does dealing more damage means more points? Killing with lens also means more points iirc

I believe Fatal Frames give overall more points due to being able to chain them multiple times. Getting you loads of points quickly.

You’ll get the same overall points when doing a ghost in, you get bonus points for full body in frame and overkill which is calculated on the extra damage done.

Just now, ChanelOberlin494 said:

I believe Fatal Frames give overall more points due to being able to chain them multiple times. Getting you loads of points quickly.

You’ll get the same overall points when doing a ghost in, you get bonus points for full body in frame and overkill which is calculated on the extra damage done.

Also don’t forget to try and use Glance when you can. It’s 500 (5000) points per ghost,

33 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Also don’t forget to try and use Glance when you can. It’s 500 (5000) points per ghost,

Im trying to get S+ rank in the second drop but it's almos impossible for me. The maximum points I get are 130k and still an S... I have fully explored the zone and got all items/killed all ghosts and I don't know what else should I do...

I dont really care if the trophy icons are all the same, I am just grateful that TK finally releases this amazing title on PlayStation again.

Maybe if many ppl complain about the trophy icons, they will change it on future releases. lol.

I am still waiting for my physical copy, my local store told me the physical version releases on November(sob TT), hopefully I can still download the Ryza outfit DLC when mine arrived...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Txustrilla said:

Im trying to get S+ rank in the second drop but it's almos impossible for me. The maximum points I get are 130k and still an S... I have fully explored the zone and got all items/killed all ghosts and I don't know what else should I do...

You can get a lens in chapter 7 called the Reward Lens that increases the number of points you get. There's really no point in going for S+ ranks until you get it.

• Like 3

I'm trying to write a guide and record videos with all collectibles, but hearing perfect score is more than S rank... I think I will just finish the game :)

Can you upgrade your camera to a max so it stays at max through all episodes?

As far as I see, the time doesn't matter, I pretty sure I've spent like 40mins more in 4th episode and got an easy S there. Still, doing beyond rank S... Damn

5 hours ago, Txustrilla said:

if the games the same as the wii u version apparently if you upgrade rens special ability to max you can get about 30k to 50k points per ghost 

Need help with SS ranking missions - Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (gamespot.com)

Edited by fenrir54565

31 minutes ago, fenrir54565 said:

if the games the same as the wii u version apparently if you upgrade rens special ability to max you can get about 30k to 50k points per ghost 

Need help with SS ranking missions - Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (gamespot.com)

That’s won’t work on Drop 2 though, since it’s not a Ren level. I wonder if “get wet and wait for ghosts to attack you” is a method that actually works — has anyone found any spots with infinitely spawning ghosts?

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

That’s won’t work on Drop 2 though, since it’s not a Ren level. I wonder if “get wet and wait for ghosts to attack you” is a method that actually works — has anyone found any spots with infinitely spawning ghosts?

In drop 2, just before fighting Fuyuhi, it is always raining but I have spent several minutes waiting on the same spot and literally 0 ghosts attacked me

You’ll be revisiting chapters after you finish the game with upgraded camera and lenses. If you use a maxed out Reward Lens (bonus for finding the effigies in Drop7) I believe it doubles your points for 25 seconds whilst still doing the same damage. So you can potentially double your score for the chapter as it only uses 20% energy per use.

I was using it in Drop 7 from the moment I got it and ended up with an S+, I imagine having it for the entire chapter would’ve netted me the S++.

For Ren you need to upgrade his camera so his ability takes 12 photos. Then just use it whenever you get a Fatal Frane and bam! 12 Fatal Frames in quick succession for max point gains. 

33 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

You’ll be revisiting chapters after you finish the game with upgraded camera and lenses. If you use a maxed out Reward Lens (bonus for finding the effigies in Drop7) I believe it doubles your points for 25 seconds whilst still doing the same damage. So you can potentially double your score for the chapter as it only uses 20% energy per use.

I was using it in Drop 7 from the moment I got it and ended up with an S+, I imagine having it for the entire chapter would’ve netted me the S++.

For Ren you need to upgrade his camera so his ability takes 12 photos. Then just use it whenever you get a Fatal Frane and bam! 12 Fatal Frames in quick succession for max point gains. 

There is no S++ rank