ChanelOberlin494

Trophy Thoughts?

67 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DivineAlice said:

I have the plat for this game now and it's nothing horrendous you can just abuse buying mirrorstones in pre chapter store 

 

First, congrats!

Care to help with few trophies?

 

Second Sight - Photographed all floating ghosts.

Black-Water Bester - Defeated 30 ghosts while tainted.

 

What do I need to do them? I guess the floating ghosts will come natural when collecting stuff?

Abusing mirrorstones is probably going to be my tactic for getting that S+ rank (I have the Rewards Lens, so it should go easy now) :) Thx for the tip!

Edited by foggy_kt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foggy_kt said:

 

First, congrats!

Care to help with few trophies?

 

Second Sight - Photographed all floating ghosts.

Black-Water Bester - Defeated 30 ghosts while tainted.

 

What do I need to do them? I guess the floating ghosts will come natural when collecting stuff?

Abusing mirrorstones is probably going to be my tactic for getting that S+ rank (I have the Rewards Lens, so it should go easy now) :) Thx for the tip!

Tainted - let weak ghosts have a purple face and let them suck it back in, it taints them which taints you when then hurt you, for specter list someone has already made a list of them I gave him last one for 100% also I'm second someone in Japan got first yesterday as all regions are linked to this 1 game 

Edited by DivineAlice
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does abusing mirrorstones work? With all other items, if you buy and use an item, that amount of points is removed from your score. Is that not true with mirrorstones?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On nightmare you never get mirrorstones so when you die from buying mirrorstones you're not using items to lose points making S+ easier for nightmare 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DivineAlice said:

Tainted - let weak ghosts have a purple face and let them suck it back in, it taints them which taints you when then hurt you, for specter list someone has already made a list of them I gave him last one for 100% also I'm second someone in Japan got first yesterday as all regions are linked to this 1 game 

You must defeath ghosts while THEY are tainted or when they taint you and kill them afterwards?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DivineAlice said:

On nightmare you never get mirrorstones so when you die from buying mirrorstones you're not using items to lose points making S+ easier for nightmare 

Is it necessary to beat nightmare mode with ranking S+ to get the platinum?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Txustrilla said:

You must defeath ghosts while THEY are tainted or when they taint you and kill them afterwards?

You have to be tainted them being tainted is only 1 of 2 ways to actually get tainted is what I meant sorry for bad wording

1 minute ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

Is it necessary to beat nightmare mode with ranking S+ to get the platinum?

Yes it is required for the platinum 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know if restarting checkpoint resets counts for achievements like 100 fatal frame, 100 Shutter Chances or dodging ghost hands? I'm trying to unlock the last one but even if I took 5 dodges it won't pop.

Edited by iSisko87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iSisko87 said:

Do you know if restarting checkpoint resets counts for achievements like 100 fatal frame, 100 Shutter Chances or dodging ghost hands? I'm trying to unlock the last one but even if I took 5 dodges it won't pop.

All that stuff should come naturally whilst going for 100% completion and all S+ ranks. No need to grind it out.

 

I got ghost hand dodges naturally by Drop 8

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, iSisko87 said:

Do you know if restarting checkpoint resets counts for achievements like 100 fatal frame, 100 Shutter Chances or dodging ghost hands? I'm trying to unlock the last one but even if I took 5 dodges it won't pop.

On nightmare mode you'll only be using fatal frames because enemies quickly heal any other damage you do (if you don't picture the floating faces real quick so if they have you grabbed they'll just heal what you did) shutter chances are real easy too you'll get a lot of enemies that group up and give you automatic shutter chances so again it's not too much of a problem, but yes it does I had to dodge 12 hands from reloading checkpoints cause I missed a specter

Edited by DivineAlice
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the new Very Easy difficulty make the plat easier? :hmm:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Does the new Very Easy difficulty make the plat easier? :hmm:

 

Nope, because you have to play on the Hardest difficulty and get the highest possible rating whilst you're at it. Very Easy might be useful for cleaning up certain trophies but ultimately it will have very little affect on the overall difficulty.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just have to finish the game with the Bad Ending in Yuri’s Kimono and 2 separate endings as Ren and I’m basically done outside of 30 tainted. 
 

I’d say this is a 40-50 hour Platinum easily for the average trophy hunter. Some of it is quite difficult too. Some of the traces, spectres and archives are either well hidden or disappear ridiculously fast. Nightmare S+ ranks also isn’t the easiest thing. You’re looking at I’d say around 2 full playthroughs, maybe even three for all episodes completed and S+ then repeating stages for Tainted, collectibles etc.

 

ridiculously good game though, I’m just sad it doesn’t seem to have sold too well, 42,000 so far across PlayStation and Switch. So we’re unlikely to see any other remasters.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2021 at 2:28 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

So I just have to finish the game with the Bad Ending in Yuri’s Kimono and 2 separate endings as Ren and I’m basically done outside of 30 tainted. 
 

I’d say this is a 40-50 hour Platinum easily for the average trophy hunter. Some of it is quite difficult too. Some of the traces, spectres and archives are either well hidden or disappear ridiculously fast. Nightmare S+ ranks also isn’t the easiest thing. You’re looking at I’d say around 2 full playthroughs, maybe even three for all episodes completed and S+ then repeating stages for Tainted, collectibles etc.

 

ridiculously good game though, I’m just sad it doesn’t seem to have sold too well, 42,000 so far across PlayStation and Switch. So we’re unlikely to see any other remasters.

 

Where did you get that sales figure?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 11/11/2021 at 4:28 AM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

So I just have to finish the game with the Bad Ending in Yuri’s Kimono and 2 separate endings as Ren and I’m basically done outside of 30 tainted. 
 

I’d say this is a 40-50 hour Platinum easily for the average trophy hunter. Some of it is quite difficult too. Some of the traces, spectres and archives are either well hidden or disappear ridiculously fast. Nightmare S+ ranks also isn’t the easiest thing. You’re looking at I’d say around 2 full playthroughs, maybe even three for all episodes completed and S+ then repeating stages for Tainted, collectibles etc.

 

ridiculously good game though, I’m just sad it doesn’t seem to have sold too well, 42,000 so far across PlayStation and Switch. So we’re unlikely to see any other remasters.

 

I want more Fatal Frame :( those sales does not surprise me since it's difficult for people to have good taste these days lol...

Edited by Nelson_
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had heard the sales numbers were good actually especially when you factor in that this is a rerelease. 42k in the first week sounds bad yeah, but for a title like this made cheaply it is actually fine. 

 

I imagine they'll rerelease FF4 next as that game never being released in the west means it'll function as a new title in the west. FF2 remake is another option. I imagine FF1-3 would take too much work so they'll not bother with that. An actual brand new FF... I'd imagine would only happen after FF5, 4, and 2R all do acceptable numbers... but if someone within the company is really pushing for a new FF then it may come sooner. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.