What is the last game without trophies you have played?

LabwisCheesecake

23 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

HD itself is just a term to sum up various resolutions and frequencies. Both 720p (the minimum resolution for HDready) and 1080p (Full HD) are part of this, like e.g. 1080i, too. The Wii U is a HD-console and there are some games that seem to run in native Full HD-resolution (AFAIK Smash 4 or Rayman Legends).

So the Wii U has full HD possibilities then but not all games run on native HD?

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

So the Wii U has full HD possibilities then but not all games run on native HD?

If you call native HD the resolution of your TV and if that's the 1080p-resolution, then yes.
In those cases where the games don't do use a resolution below 720p or 1080p the Wii U also uses an internal upscaler to resize the image (similar to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One). Biggest difference is (at least to the upscaler of the PS3) is that the Wii U always sends an upscaled 1080p in those cases if the TV supports the resolution.

Edited by Crimson Idol
Typo

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

If you call native HD the resolution of your TV and if that's the 1080p-resolution, then yes.
In those cases where the games don't use a resolution below 720p or 1080p the Wii U also uses an internal upscaler to resize the image (similar to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One). Biggest difference is (at least to the upscaler of the PS3) is that the Wii U always sends an upscaled 1080p in those cases if the TV supports the resolution.

I'm guessing that you don't mean do instead?

My television is not what I meant with the resolution, but the "run on" was not really a good way of saying what I meant to say. I meant that not all games generate a 1080p image without having to be upscaled, which you now answered as well.

When exactly does the PS4 upscale things? Don't all games on PS4 just generate 1080p output by themselves?

25 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm guessing that you don't mean do instead?

My television is not what I meant with the resolution, but the "run on" was not really a good way of saying what I meant to say. I meant that not all games generate a 1080p image without having to be upscaled, which you now answered as well.

When exactly does the PS4 upscale things? Don't all games on PS4 just generate 1080p output by themselves?

Sorry, was a typo.

As far as I know the PS4 internally upscales every output to 1080p as well. Not all games use that resolution by default. Some only use a resolution of 1600x900 (900p), mainly some open world games or ego-shooter (http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates ).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Sun

Just finished a 50-winninng streak on the horrifying Multi-Battle Tree

Last match was Between Red And Blue VS Me and Colress( From Black / white 2 )

My team:

Tapu Lele (Timid /HP Fire) @ Choice Scarf

Celesteela (Sassy) @ Leftovers

Colress: 

Mega Metagross @ Metagrossite

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z

VS

Red:

Blastoise 

Mega Venusaur

Blue:

Machamp