Platinum difficulty

Strelok_CH

Hi, today I decided to venture into getting the Super Meat Boy platinum. I would like to know your experiences and tell me if the first world without dying was very easy. I would like to know this, since I was practicing this world in another profile before doing it in mine and in only 1 hour I managed to finish it without dying. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it "very easy," but it's not even close to representative of the game's overall difficulty. Sort the trophy list by rarity-- Wood Boy is almost 20x more common than Impossible Boy, with good reason.

That said, you earned Mein leben, so you should feel right at home.

• Like 3

Good luck with getting this platinum. 

It's pretty difficult but oh so satisfying. 

The hardest parts are ofcourse the no death runs. The first ones are a walk in the park compared to the later ones. 

Also without spoiling, 2 warpzones are very difficult compared to other warpzones. 

This game is typically a game where you play a level and after dying a 50 times you think :"how the hell am I supposed to do this without dying!?" 

But after enough practise and perseverance you will be able to do such a level consistenly without dying. 

Take note that getting through the levels is not the hard part, getting all the collectibles and the no death runs are. 

Again, good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 

My psn : Yosemitesam74

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, Strelok said:

Hi, today I decided to venture into getting the Super Meat Boy platinum. I would like to know your experiences and tell me if the first world without dying was very easy. I would like to know this, since I was practicing this world in another profile before doing it in mine and in only 1 hour I managed to finish it without dying. 

I did Wood Boy with Just Meat Boy, with just the standard 1-20 order.  It was still drastically easier than Squirrel Boy, which I also did with just Meat Boy, but not the standard order.  Squirrel Boy was itself A LOT less hard, even Meat Boy only, than Girl Boy.  And for Impossible Boy, well, the initial practice was so overwhelming that I got lazier and lazier about it, to the point of outright quitting the game for a year and a half, until I recently picked it back up and found myself surprisingly getting consistent at stages I never thought possible.

So yeah, you're in for quite a ride,but in a way, that's a GOOD thing, because to have truly earned THIS one is something to be proud of.

• Like 1

On 29-10-2021 at 8:09 AM, YosemiteSam74 said:

Good luck with getting this platinum. 

It's pretty difficult but oh so satisfying. 

The hardest parts are ofcourse the no death runs. The first ones are a walk in the park compared to the later ones. 

Also without spoiling, 2 warpzones are very difficult compared to other warpzones. 

This game is typically a game where you play a level and after dying a 50 times you think :"how the hell am I supposed to do this without dying!?" 

But after enough practise and perseverance you will be able to do such a level consistenly without dying. 

Take note that getting through the levels is not the hard part, getting all the collectibles and the no death runs are. 

Again, good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 

My psn : Yosemitesam74

You are very right, the area to unlock the kid. I had a hard time. Anyway, I'm still making solid progress. Already completed 2 worlds without dying (including the dark version) Thanks for the good luck!.I will add you

On 29-10-2021 at 11:01 PM, EdgeHosenkan said:

Is not too hard to have all level without dying exept rapture dark and both Cotton, the Last 3 level is very hard

I hope it is not impossible for me

On 31-10-2021 at 1:42 AM, g34hgfggn said:

I did Wood Boy with Just Meat Boy, with just the standard 1-20 order.  It was still drastically easier than Squirrel Boy, which I also did with just Meat Boy, but not the standard order.  Squirrel Boy was itself A LOT less hard, even Meat Boy only, than Girl Boy.  And for Impossible Boy, well, the initial practice was so overwhelming that I got lazier and lazier about it, to the point of outright quitting the game for a year and a half, until I recently picked it back up and found myself surprisingly getting consistent at stages I never thought possible.

So yeah, you're in for quite a ride,but in a way, that's a GOOD thing, because to have truly earned THIS one is something to be proud of.

Excellent. I'm glad you took it up and got it. I hope to get the platinum whatever it takes.

On 10/28/2021 at 0:53 AM, Strelok said:

In my own personal experience, SMB was a game I was "afraid" of before I started it. I had not joined PSNP yet back then, but of course I had heard how difficult the game was supposed to be. It turned out to be much more manageable than I expected. I would rate it a 8/10 overall in difficulty.

In the end, I got the plat in roughly 50 hours and with 11k deaths. Zombie Boy and Girl Boy took me 5 hours each, Impossible Boy took 15 hours of practice. Everything else was much quicker, and yes, the first world was very easy. 

Just take your time, try to avoid getting frustrated and only go for the deathless runs when you feel like you can concentrate :) No need to rush! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Arcesius said:

In my own personal experience, SMB was a game I was "afraid" of before I started it. I had not joined PSNP yet back then, but of course I had heard how difficult the game was supposed to be. It turned out to be much more manageable than I expected. I would rate it a 8/10 overall in difficulty.

In the end, I got the plat in roughly 50 hours and with 11k deaths. Zombie Boy and Girl Boy took me 5 hours each, Impossible Boy took 15 hours of practice. Everything else was much quicker, and yes, the first world was very easy. 

Just take your time, try to avoid getting frustrated and only go for the deathless runs when you feel like you can concentrate :) No need to rush! 

thanks for sharing your experience!