Eraezr

Seize the Throne competition - Prizes to be won

24 posts in this topic

Ninja'd :ninja: The avatars for Stage 2 look nice:

CbAKyKW.png

Edited by Ghost

Huh, that weird commercial at the start of the last PS5 showcase actually foreshadowed something instead of just Sony putting out another weird PlayStation commercial because they felt like it. I'm definitely signing up, the rings and Pulse don't interest me but gotta take any chance you can get to grab a PS5, 'cause I sure as hell won't be able to find one in stock any time soon.

I think I’ll sign up for this one. It should be easy enough for most people here to accumulate points just based on their daily/weekly trophy gains already. There’s no reason not to get involved really. Thanks for the heads up.

So we could play some of those cheapo, super-quick plats, and as long as we stay in game for over an hour the trophies will count towards the community goal?

40 minutes ago, MadDoggMajima said:

Huh, that weird commercial at the start of the last PS5 showcase actually foreshadowed something instead of just Sony putting out another weird PlayStation commercial because they felt like it. I'm definitely signing up, the rings and Pulse don't interest me but gotta take any chance you can get to grab a PS5, 'cause I sure as hell won't be able to find one in stock any time soon.

This is just a small event and that commercial was definitely expensive, so probably the commercial was still made just because "it looks cool". 

Hello hunter comrades! Is my pleasure to announce you that PlayStation has started an event called Seize the Throne, a global community focused celebration where we, as players, casuals and hardcore alike can contribute to surpass an AR, meta-goal for our gaming ecosystem. According to the blog, the event states: 

5aab03c07ea405666d4bb0fac18b4ca83debeb92.png

This special event calls on players to join together in a chess-themed celebration.* By playing together to complete three Stages of Community Goals, players can reach the King’s Tower, access the Inner Chambers, and breach the Throne Room — earning exclusive PSN avatars and a one-of-a-kind PS4 theme along the way.**

You can win real-life prizes, and by earning trophies you're actually getting points to even being eligible to pick up a brand-new PS5. This news came to my phone's feed and wanted to share it with you guys. Honestly don't know if this belongs here, but may the mods choose it or not. Here's the full article if you're looking to lurk into:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/28/seize-the-throne-join-our-latest-playstation-community-event-for-an-opportunity-to-win-a-ps5-and-more/ 

FCyPWSsX0AY-aRz.jpg

Sony Announces “Conquer The Throne” Challenge for PlayStation Community with Awards; know more

October 28, 2021 by Raju Singh

The text below was published on the Brazilian PlayStation.Blog.

We are pleased to announce Conquer The Throne, an exciting new community challenge inspired by the brand’s new worldwide campaign. Our goal is to highlight the power of play, which unites us in unforgettable moments and in new and daring experiences.

This special event invites all players to join together in a chess-themed celebration.* By playing together and completing three stages of the Community Objectives, players will be able to reach the King’s Tower, access the Inner Chambers and invade the Room of the Throne, earning exclusive PSN avatars and a special PS4 theme.**

Registration is now open and will go until the end of the second stage. The first part of the competition ends when the community completes all three steps to conquer the throne, or by November 16th (whichever comes first). See how to participate:

1. Sign up

Sign up with your PSN login ID here. After signing up, players will automatically participate in all subsequent stages of the program.

The event is open to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 users from the following locations: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and United States . Note: Players from Brazil, Italy and Japan will not be able to participate in the “Conquer The Throne” quiz round.

2. Start playing!

The event will have three stages, with the first starting on November 2nd. At each stage, players will need to complete the following activities to earn points and reach the Community Goal in each:

• Play PS4/PS5 games — Each PS4/PS5 game that each player plays for at least one hour (for the week total, it doesn’t have to be all at once) will earn points towards the Community Objective. Players will earn extra points towards the goal if they play with users from their friends list (who are also signed up to participate).
  • Use the “Share” function — Every image or video that each player shares via the Share function with friends on PSN or on social media will earn points towards the Community Goal. Up to six PS4/PS5 shares per player per day will be counted towards the goal.
  • Win trophies — Each player can earn up to six PS4/PS5 trophies per day to contribute points towards the Community Objective. Earn extra goal points for every five trophies earned in a single PS4/PS5 game.

See the points you can earn for each activity:

PlayStation player activities Number of points
play any game 10
Play any game with another player 15
Use the Share function 5
Win Bronze Trophy 5
Win Silver Trophy 10
Win Gold Trophy 20
Achieve 5 trophies in a single game 25

3. Earn Exclusive Rewards

Everyone who signs up will earn exclusive avatar and theme rewards when the Community Goal is reached. Rewards will be delivered to PS4/PS5 players via the notification system within approximately 2 days of completing each stage.

See the Community Objectives for each stage in the table below, as well as the prizes you can win:

First Step – Reach the King’s Tower

Community Goal: Achieve 25 million points

Start playing from November 2nd

2 exclusive PSN avatars
Second Stage – Access the Internal Chambers

Community Goal: Achieve 100 million points

It starts after the First Step is completed

5 exclusive PSN avatars

Third Stage – Invade the Throne Room

Community Goal: Achieve 160 million points

It starts after the Second Stage is completed

1 PS4 exclusive dynamic theme**
3 exclusive PSN avatars

Hey Everyone!

Can you Deleted the Last Post Please? Because i dont see a post here from this...sorry Everyone... :(

You can count on me for Help for Gain some New Stuff of Avatars and Themes on the Last Challenges e Help Alot to! ;):):D

Dont Forget when we Finish all of This we have a Great Oportunity to Gain some Great Prizes and a PS5 TO! ;)

Cya soon Everyone, Take Care and Let's Take out the King for Good! ;):);)

I signed up and will do my part. Cool prices, even though the winning odds will be very small. 

How do I know for sure that I'm participating in this event? I registered and got the green-lettered message but as soon as I refresh the page it asks me to register again. Do we get a confirmation email or something because I didn't receive that either.

34 minutes ago, Amonares said:

How do I know for sure that I'm participating in this event? I registered and got the green-lettered message but as soon as I refresh the page it asks me to register again. Do we get a confirmation email or something because I didn't receive that either.

From the Last Event, i do the Same like this and in couple days received a Email from Sony, but for this Event i dont Received yeat!

But i think on Monday they send because the Weekend i Think...

Cya, Good Luck to you on the Challenge and Welcome! ;)

We're kind of off to a slow start for day one

631,655 points out of the 25M goal.

Maybe it'll pick up.

I got all my games with trophies left to unlock all in one folder and am playing through Raiden V and Vanquish right now (I'll get the hour if play for Vanquish, if not the last trophy for the platinum with those tactical challenges :)

On 30/10/2021 at 1:09 PM, Amonares said:

Haven't received a confirmation either through email. I wonder if it will be an in-system notification.

So, the community failed this challenge at Stage 2?

'Only' 42 mil. out of 100 mil. points was achieved.. Sony really exaggerated this one.

Seems like it, they only have the easter eggs up on the page now. I really wanted those stage 2 avatars and it was my first community event as well.

I really thought more people signed up and that it was for a longer period of time. Guess not, oh well! 😔

Not surprising, the community has come up short on what the last 3 of these? Sadly,  I forgot to answer the questions for the grand prize entry as well. Oh well, life goes on.

Sony really needs to stop setting the goals for these so damn high. The last time they did this we failed to hit the stretch goals and this time we couldn't even make the second regular goal. Really sad as I would've like those avatars and themes. Also why go through the trouble of designing these rewards just to sit on them and never release them. So dumb.

too bad I like the avatars of stage 2

This was a pretty weird event. I never got the confirmation notification.

They could've warned us though. Now there are no traces about the other phases in that page, it's like the only thing left is that thing about searching for the easter eggs, no mentions of themes anymore.

Overall like always by Sony side organization was very bad. No confirmation if you register or no. For example I registered but still not received any avatars.

I never got a code or any updates after signing up for this. I mistaken thought it ended 12/18 and thought today was the question day. SO I went looking for the questions today. All I got was the easter egg hunt on the video (doesn't matter if you get one easter egg or ALL easter eggs you get the same code which gave me avatars I ALREADY had from Sony. SO I guess I missed the rest.