Flirting Virtuoso

Kei_C_L

Went through the guide. And would like to know if the strategy for Flirting Virtuoso is still applicable today? As in staying low rank (only Grade 1 Fighters).

I am having some trouble using the strategy stated in the guide as I can only raid opponents that are of higher rank after a dozens of successful raids, most of which, I think, has grade 2 or higher fighters.

What gives?

Some guidance would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Hello!

There is a soft spot between G2 and G3 fighters when it comes to having easy raids, but honestly you can capture easily in any tier, especially during faction wars. The guide is not reliable regarding captures and defenses. What truly grants defenses are your fighters, not your tanks because really soon into the game weapons just melt highly upgraded tanks. That talking about blunt weapons having more chances to stun during raids is a completely wrong information, any type of damage and any weapon has the same chances to stun, including guns, headshots, anything besides gorestatic, even poison and fire! You also can stun fighters way higher lvl than yours, but in most cases it is hard to have a succesfull raid against players way stronger than you. My best advice is not being afraid to go up in tier, avoid staying as G1 at all costs, you are extremely safe on G3 and safe on G4, maybe the only problem with reaching G5 or G6 is that the defenses become way harder, 100 defenses must be your priority. Except when it comes to TDM, the guide here is not bad, but I dont like the way it treats Let it Die as something that is overly complicated and dangerous to advance, it scares people and it shouldnt be like this.   

If you need more help or info just message me. Let it Die was the most fun and engaging gaming experience I had this year, clocked 825 hours played, but trophy-wise it can be done in   way less hundred hours ^^

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 2:04 PM, GravityQueeen said:

Hello!

There is a soft spot between G2 and G3 fighters when it comes to having easy raids, but honestly you can capture easily in any tier, especially during faction wars. The guide is not reliable regarding captures and defenses. What truly grants defenses are your fighters, not your tanks because really soon into the game weapons just melt highly upgraded tanks. That talking about blunt weapons having more chances to stun during raids is a completely wrong information, any type of damage and any weapon has the same chances to stun, including guns, headshots, anything besides gorestatic, even poison and fire! You also can stun fighters way higher lvl than yours, but in most cases it is hard to have a succesfull raid against players way stronger than you. My best advice is not being afraid to go up in tier, avoid staying as G1 at all costs, you are extremely safe on G3 and safe on G4, maybe the only problem with reaching G5 or G6 is that the defenses become way harder, 100 defenses must be your priority. Except when it comes to TDM, the guide here is not bad, but I dont like the way it treats Let it Die as something that is overly complicated and dangerous to advance, it scares people and it shouldnt be like this.   

If you need more help or info just message me. Let it Die was the most fun and engaging gaming experience I had this year, clocked 825 hours played, but trophy-wise it can be done in   way less hundred hours ^^

Hello!!!!

Thanks for prompt reply! That was very very informative.

This game is more fun than I initially thought, lots of Dark Souls vibe, but the material farming portion of the game though, its on steroids.

So I took your advise and went further up the tower, currently at floor 23. Its okayish so far in terms of dungeon crawling, its very hard, but I will keep trying.

The same can't be said for TDM, having alot of trouble at the moment at Rank 31, Gold I, whereby even the players with ranks similar as mine comes with crazy defenses. Kept getting one shotted. Defenses wise, I only managed to defend successfully one out of 10 times.

In this case, should I just continues to climb and unlock higher grades fighters? Coz as of now my defenses are like papers walls at G3.....

One more thing, does the team I join has got anything to do with the chances of me having an easier time raiding?

Anyhow, appreciate much for you advices!!!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

It is best to be member of great and very active teams like California and Tokyo, I used only California and it was great, almost always wins wars and all. You will be attacked more as well. About TDM raiding, I have a feeling that youre only doing it outside faction wars, and that takes time to learn and master. And even with practice it is hard. I advise raiding people below your rank within faction wars, it is gonna be really easy.

Also I remembered maybe the best info ever: when you do countless easy raids, if youre facing only naked unnarmed fighters, you might be asking yourself why you never stun them... Well, that is because these fighters probably are not set to defense, they are fighters on the invaded freezers that the game throws at you randomly but I repeat: these fighters are not eligible to knockouts because they were not set to defend by the other player, just a really obscure mechanic not explained by the game and hardly found anywhere. So, next time you go raiding, if the fighters have pieces of equipment or armor, cheer up cause they can be knocked out.

I'm kinda curious and disappointed because G3 was where I got most captures as far as I remember. Thats why I would say try captures as a G3 by now and get a feel for the TDM wars. Are you upgrading weapon and armor enough? What class and weapon are you using? You can always upgrade a weapon a tier higher than your fighter, and use that stronger weapon you wouldnt be able to use by attaching a STAT increase decall on your fighter, it is not that usefull later on but it is a cheap method of going beyond your grade without really advancing. When it comes to tower climbing you are just past the highest difficulty spike, so I really dont get why you are not shining in TDM. Maybe if you share more info I would be able to help more.

Edited by GravityQueeen

• 7 months later...

Guide writer here. (I still play the game today, got over 5k hours xD)
To be honest I would just not hold yourself back, while its true the top tier bases are tough as nails. Its really not worth holding yourself back in fighter grades to do TDM. The guide was made half a year post-launch. Now 5 years later, I can't recommend holding back because most people have either moved on or stopped playing (as with any 5 year old game). And its true about blunt not being any better. As the guide said, users had reported that. But looking back now It's false as @GravityQueeen pointed out. To be honest I agree with him/her on everything. Aside from the naked fighter thing. That is simply untrue. You can knock out any fighter. Even the naked ones.

to be fair, the whole guide should be rewritten, but I simply have no motivation for it. The game used to be much more brutal and uncertain. TDM especially was hard core with captures being permanent where youd lose  your whole fighter, raids costing money. Deaths were actual deaths that send you back to the freezer.

All that stupid stuff is thankfully gone, but it let to a lot of uncertainty within the community (as their community mangement is piss poor), therefore the guide was written with the caution and complexity that you see now.

I'm a lot more knowledgeable now, and the game has changed. Used the guide for set in stone stuff like colelctibles but TDM especaially, just take it with a grain of salt.

Ps: the more recent aditional trophy DLC guide is perfectly fine though. I'm pretty proud of that one ^_^

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Guide writer here. (I still play the game today, got over 5k hours xD)
To be honest I would just not hold yourself back, while its true the top tier bases are tough as nails. Its really not worth holding yourself back in fighter grades to do TDM. The guide was made half a year post-launch. Now 5 years later, I can't recommend holding back because most people have either moved on or stopped playing (as with any 5 year old game). And its true about blunt not being any better. As the guide said, users had reported that. But looking back now It's false as @GravityQueeen pointed out. To be honest I agree with him/her on everything. Aside from the naked fighter thing. That is simply untrue. You can knock out any fighter. Even the naked ones.

to be fair, the whole guide should be rewritten, but I simply have no motivation for it. The game used to be much more brutal and uncertain. TDM especially was hard core with captures being permanent where youd lose  your whole fighter, raids costing money. Deaths were actual deaths that send you back to the freezer.

All that stupid stuff is thankfully gone, but it let to a lot of uncertainty within the community (as their community mangement is piss poor), therefore the guide was written with the caution and complexity that you see now.

I'm a lot more knowledgeable now, and the game has changed. Used the guide for set in stone stuff like colelctibles but TDM especaially, just take it with a grain of salt.

Ps: the more recent aditional trophy DLC guide is perfectly fine though. I'm pretty proud of that one ^_^

Nice words! The DLC guide is perfect indeed. Kamas is god tier.

So, about the naked fighters, a lot of the times they wont never get knocked out because they were not set to defend (by the other player), this is a hidden mechanic I think the game has, and thus if they are naked and without any weapon these fighters probably were not assigned to defense. This is what I believe and I got this mindset by raiding hundreds of naked/unnarmed players.

But of course this is questionable once there is no oficial information and I believe in you, but I Wonder if the naked and unnarmed fighters you knocked out were set to defend, it is rare but it happens. Finishing up: I think the mechanic I mentioned exists but sometimes you will knock down  naked/unnarmed fighters that were manually set to  defend.

What do you think, @Gr4de_04 ?

10 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Nice words! The DLC guide is perfect indeed. Kamas is god tier.

So, about the naked fighters, a lot of the times they wont never get knocked out because they were not set to defend (by the other player), this is a hidden mechanic I think the game has, and thus if they are naked and without any weapon these fighters probably were not assigned to defense. This is what I believe and I got this mindset by raiding hundreds of naked/unnarmed players.

But of course this is questionable once there is no oficial information and I believe in you, but I Wonder if the naked and unnarmed fighters you knocked out were set to defend, it is rare but it happens. Finishing up: I think the mechanic I mentioned exists but sometimes you will knock down  naked/unnarmed fighters that were manually set to  defend.

What do you think, @Gr4de_04 ?

Thanks for the compliment. And yeah Kamas (RE) is broken. The devs did a poll on twitter like 2 weeks ago and i think 54% said kamas was their favorite weapon lol.

I think there's a hidden mechanic where the game puts 2 naked defenders if you dont have anything. But I have seen bases that simply have no defenders or just 1. But I also know that if you manually remove everything you wont get 2 naked ones. So im not sure what detirmines it. Could also simply be coincidence as the game gives you 3 free fighters when you start the game, hence why you see so many bases with 2 naked ones. I think that that is what is happening tbh. But I cant say for sure.

ps: the flirting virtuoso level thing in the guide is taken from the official FAQ, but I feel like even that is false. I love the game but damn, their communication on facts and transperency is awful when it comes to the game itself. I was good friends with one of the community managers and basically everything just comes from japan but is translated.

Sidenote: the devs that worked on LiD also are no longer with grasshopper, so im not sure who manages let it die content these days. the LiD devs started their own studio called Super Trick Games. They are releasing a spinofff of this game called Deathverse: Let it die soon so im hyped for that.

• Like 1

I'm hyped for Deathverse as well! I think it is gonna be good, it reminds me of Drawn to Death which was a game I loved to the bones. I have a taste for the gore, cartoonish and weirdness! Haha

Let it Die was the most enternaining game I played in recent years. I think I only stopped because the trophy hunter side of me obbliged or I simply wanted to put a meaningfull end, Idk.

Anyways I see you in Deathverse?! Ah, just a tought: reading "spin-off" in your post I thought this for the first time: is Let it Die 2 a thing? Damn, never tought about it, but, dude!, how I want it now!

Yep, I'm hyped for deathverse as well. I even managed to play the beta. Sadly theres no release date yet. The trailer says Spring 2022. But no word yet. You can add me on PSN if you like for when it coms out. Let It die was a big part of my gaming life and defenitly my longest played game of all time. It's not worth 6000 hours or even 1/10th of of that i think xD. But i find it very relaxing to turn my brain of too.

Edited by Gr4de_04
  • Like 1