Is it safe to earn trophies in a game that doesn't show up in your trophies or on this site?

Maahniac

I'm specifically talking about Pumpkin Jack's PS5 upgrade, but I know this has been an issue with other games before (Final Fantasy VII Remake, Blizzard Arcade Collection, Visage). What happens if you play a game that doesn't have a trophy list yet, for some reason? I want to play the game, but I'm afraid it'll screw up trophy tracking in the game, or something. Do I need to wait until the trophy list is properly... released? Installed?

Also, why is the trophy list missing for days after release sometimes?

Generally it's fine.  I had Inspector Waffles on my profile for about a week before the trophy list was added to Sony's servers, and they were added when the list went on - with correct time stamps.  It just looks weird on your player page (I platinumed Inspector Waffles on October 9, but on my player page it's between two games that I platinumed on October 14), but if you go to your log they're correctly placed and time stamped.

I also recently had the trophy logging issue where I kept getting booted out of games because of trophy loading errors on my console - I had to do a total factory reset of my PS4 to fix it.  These two things may or may not have been related, but it's something to keep in mind.

The rare times I play a game that doesn't have a list on the servers yet, I play it offline so I can still look at the trophy list on my console and see what needs to be done/what I've earned.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:47 PM, themindisacity said:

I also recently had the trophy logging issue where I kept getting booted out of games because of trophy loading errors on my console - I had to do a total factory reset of my PS4 to fix it.  These two things may or may not have been related, but it's something to keep in mind.

Isn't that corrupted user profile? :hmm:

The solution usually involves deleting said user profile and creating a new one.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 0:50 AM, Maahniac said:

Also, why is the trophy list missing for days after release sometimes?

Happens when someone drops the ball and doesn't get the trophies up on PSN.  Can't hurt to reach out to the publisher to make sure they are aware of it.  But it is safe to earn trophies.  Back when Ys VIII was released it didn't get its trophies uploaded to PSN for almost 2 weeks and I nearly had the plat before they were put on PSN.  Just be aware that they will only be stored locally and you will likely get errors when trying to access your trophies since those ones can't be synced.  Once they are on PSN the issue will resolve itself.

• Like 1