Boom Trophy Bugged?

27 minutes ago, SENDMELOCATlON said:

If shooting barrels isnt working for you try knifing them and running off before they explode. I don't use my weapons very often sorta just wanting to knife only. It popped out of nowhere for me.

Did it pop anytime within last 7 days in online post update mode? I doubt that it did because one of the last 2 game updates glitched the trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEST_OF_ALL_TlME said:

Did it pop anytime within last 7 days in online post update mode? I doubt that it did because one of the last 2 game updates glitched the trophy.

No I played before updates came out. I will try to get a hold of illfonic on twitter see what's going on later tonight.

I bought the disc version just to have a chance at popping this trophy without the latest update but it won't let me even play a private match in offline mode and online mode forces me to get game update version 2.08 which is probably the very update that makes this "Boom" trophy unattainable. Apparently, now nobody can get this trophy anymore until they fixed what they messed up within the last 2 updates.

Edited by BEST_OF_ALL_TlME

2 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

It’s possible it could be glitched since someone earned it on October 24th, but the last update was on October 27th. I’d suggest tweeting them and logging support tickets to get this noticed. Here’s the tweet I sent:

I really appreciate you tweeting them. I don't have a twitter account. I think that it's rare for a trophy to become completely unlockable. Most of the time, it's just mostly unlockable with most ways to it becoming glitched, but this one looks like a rare complete fail on a developer in game programming.

• Like 1

I exploded 290 barrels after patch 2.09 and still no trophy. So still nobody can unlock this trophy and nobody can get platinum in this game. Illfonic, this is pathetic. You shouldn't be allowed to develop games on your own. You got help with the Friday the 13th game but this game, you can't even properly program hit detection tracking records for something as simple as destroying barrels. 

Update:  Illfonic responded on their forum and said that they are currently looking into the issue.

Edited by BEST_OF_ALL_TlME
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BEST_OF_ALL_TlME said:

I destroyed 250 barrels with grenades and grenade launcher and it popped for me.

Can confirm.

After spending days using assault rifles and the predator's laser canon, I used this tip and was able to unlock Boom.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, they fixed some things surrounding explosions in general, primarily grenades.

Now we just gotta figure out how the hell to get Predkour distance. After a month, I still apparently haven't ran the 100km required.

28 minutes ago, IAmNoobNot said:

On the forum from Illfonic people have said you have to wait for the lobby time to start counting down to get in the trees. Otherwise it would not count

I've seen lots of speculation around this without any proof.

• 9 months later...

Any new solutions? I probably destroyed over 500 barrels now, I've been using grenades and grenade luncher all day. Do you think modifiers void this trophy? 

Haven't started grinding the 100km trophy but was a solution found for that one too maybe? I just know that I shouldn't press X and that I wait for the timer to start, but they still seem to unlock randomly for most people I guess?

Edited by timpurnat

1 hour ago, timpurnat said:

I probably destroyed over 500 barrels now, I've been using grenades and grenade luncher all day. Do you think modifiers void this trophy?

Modifiers weren't around when I did the platinum, but it's possible they make it buggier. The only real advice I have is to make sure your grenade/grenade launcher is what destroys the barrel. Don't partially damage it and let it explode on its own; make sure your explosion is what destroys it.

1 hour ago, timpurnat said:

Haven't started grinding the 100km trophy but was a solution found for that one too maybe?

There was never any concrete evidence to support the claim that climbing a tree before the timer started counting would void the distance. I took this into consideration just in case, and waited the extra 10 seconds or so before climbing a tree. After that, I just rubber banded the two analog sticks towards each other while on a branch at the edge of the map.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2