Boom Trophy Bugged?

7 hours ago, Helyx said:

Modifiers weren't around when I did the platinum, but it's possible they make it buggier. The only real advice I have is to make sure your grenade/grenade launcher is what destroys the barrel. Don't partially damage it and let it explode on its own; make sure your explosion is what destroys it.

There was never any concrete evidence to support the claim that climbing a tree before the timer started counting would void the distance. I took this into consideration just in case, and waited the extra 10 seconds or so before climbing a tree. After that, I just rubber banded the two analog sticks towards each other while on a branch at the edge of the map.

I think modifiers might have bugged some, especially 1000% damage lol, I destroyed everything with 1 bullet. I will do missions today and will set damage to normal just in case. I will report back if it helped, otherwise I will just do private matches without any custom settings.

Thanks for the video, I'm glad that you can semi afk this trophy haha. I will probably wait for the timer just in case, I guess I will just play something on ps3 while I do this xD

59 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

I got it by just playing with randoms and some private matches. Used assault rifle,some were just burning before I left. 

I see, I heard that for some people it unlocked just fine with just using a gun. I'm sure mine will unlock eventually, just like that trophy for killing the whole team with just blades.

Looks like from now on I will make a post every time trophy glitches on me xD

It just popped after about 10 matches. I was playing private with a lot of modifiers and was only using grenades and grenade launcher to destroy the barrels. So yeah modifiers maybe make some not count but who knows, this one appears to be buggy no matter what, even after the "fix".

And just to vent a little bit about the game, I found it very slow and boring, and imho modifiers save the game lol. I'm playing with 400% speed and 300% jump height and it's awesome, everything is so smooth and fast, you can really make the game very accessible and easy to grind.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flynnerigan said:

I've been having trouble with Boom. My guess right now is that enabling the volatile barrels modifier messes it up because I've blown up so many at this stage. 

The volatile barrels modifier doesn't affect the trophy. I had it activated for the vast majority of my barrels destroyed and in the game that I got the trophy after. I destroyed about half the barrels with an assault rifle and half with a grenade launcher.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

For this trophy, I can still confirm it’s glitched. for 2 days I have destroyed nearly 800 (wrote down in my note pad) and frustratingly the trophy did NOT pop. I thought illfonic would have patched this but then I saw few mentioned here and the official predator forum about using grenade launchers on the barrels and low and behold in just 1 match of using it the trophy popped. So for anyone getting into this, use grande launcher off the bat. Can’t believe I wasted so much time on this trophy xD.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30-07-2022 at 4:15 AM, ArtoriusFrost said:

For this trophy, I can still confirm it’s glitched. for 2 days I have destroyed nearly 800 (wrote down in my note pad) and frustratingly the trophy did NOT pop. I thought illfonic would have patched this but then I saw few mentioned here and the official predator forum about using grenade launchers on the barrels and low and behold in just 1 match of using it the trophy popped. So for anyone getting into this, use grande launcher off the bat. Can’t believe I wasted so much time on this trophy xD.

Thank you so much. It kinda help. I said "Kinda" cause the grenade launcher didn´t work for me. The Rocket Launcher on the other hand It work Immediately

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...