Any tips for crashing?

Long-Ryde

I saw the tip for a "Hard refresh" every level or two, but I can barely make it through a single level without a crash. I get through without a crash maybe 1 in every 5 attempts but the restarts are a bit tedious

Edited by Long-Ryde
words

I noticed that if you die or fail the mission objective, things don't "reset" back to normal - I wonder if that plays a role. in it.

i.e. enemies and objects will be glitched out and stuck, or not respawn upon failure or death. In these instances, my game usually crashes

Mission 18 - SPADS Military Base crashes on me everytime I beat it, spent about 2 hours trying to go about things differently but to no avail and I'm throwing in the flag and playing it on my PS2 again.  34 crashes is more issues than I've probably experienced in my total playtime on PS4.  Let alone across 7.5 hours of gameplay.

It's kinda BS that a game is THAT broken and still able to be sold on PSN. I know not everyone experiences the glitches and crashes but this has been THE MOST broken game I've experienced, which is even weirder because it comes from a FANTASTIC, well-made game.

I recall reading that there might be another update coming out but can't seem to find a source and who knows if that's actually true at this point. You could put the game on hold for a bit to see if an update comes out. A friend of my powered through it as is and said he was happy he'd never have to play this abysmal remake ever again. Probably one of the worst attempts at a remake ever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

You could put the game on hold for a bit to see if an update comes out. A friend of my powered through it as is and said he was happy he'd never have to play this abysmal remake ever again. Probably one of the worst attempts at a remake ever.

Good idea. Fingers crossed they come out with an update! because I know they've released previous updates, but they've definitely not remedied the plethora of problems. I'll pick it back up when it does.

I was trying to attempt a similar feat, but the fact that I can't get past this 18th level has completely halted my progress in the meantime.

8 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1154790/announcements/detail/3023584435563052957

Last update was June 8th, and states "We are still committed to improve the game experience and we will have more news to share later this year."

I'm hoping it also comes to PS4. But thank you for the info!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, willmill97 said:

What is this game like on PS5?

My experience with all the crashing was actually on PS5… I was wondering if the game may be more optimized for the PS4, but I returned it before I could test.

I figured since the game is already a steaming pile of trash, the upgraded system of the PS5 may make things even more unstable for the game. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mission 18 is the one where we plant the bomb at the base? I did it on PS5 but it took me 30 attempts because after adding dynamite the game would shut down. I only use the rifle there and do speedrun. it is important to open the last door carefully because it likes to break. horrible game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 29/10/2021 at 11:02 PM, Long-Ryde said:

I saw the tip for a "Hard refresh" every level or two, but I can barely make it through a single level without a crash. I get through without a crash maybe 1 in every 5 attempts but the restarts are a bit tedious

I’ve been playing this recently and unfortunately the game is still a broken, crashing mess. 

It would actually be fun if I could pass a level first time and not have to restart 4-5 times until it works. 

Sometimes when starting a level the game crashes instantly. It’s really infuriating and I have not found any possible fix as of yet. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 5:48 PM, Vinnlert said:

I had to give up with this game. I've played some stinkers in my time but this is the absolute king of them all. Crashing constantly with myriad other bugs. It's unbelievable that this even got released in this state tbh.

Damn so it's still not fixed

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips from anyone regarding mission 18?

I'm playing with PS5, and I've finished the mission several times, but I can never get the next mission. The game crashes every time.

I've had other levels with crashes, but nothing like this one. It's every time, and it's always the same.

The mission is "Spads military base – sabotage"

23 minutes ago, edumur128 said:

I'm playing with PS5, and I've finished the mission several times, but I can never get the next mission. The game crashes every time.

I've had other levels with crashes, but nothing like this one. It's every time, and it's always the same.

you could try clearing cache / uninstalling reinstalling. but unless you have a pro or something to test the game on, chances are it could be your save file and require a fresh save. 

1 hour ago, edumur128 said:

I had that mission crash several times for me on PS5. If you happen to have a ps4 try uploading your save to the cloud and playing it on there. That's the only way I was able to get it to work personally.

On 16/05/2022 at 2:22 PM, MACHONACHO44556 said:

I had that mission crash several times for me on PS5. If you happen to have a ps4 try uploading your save to the cloud and playing it on there. That's the only way I was able to get it to work personally.

I don't have the PS4 anymore. I'll try at some friends PS4. Thanks for the tip!