As a new player, What are the actual trophy requirements?

dtb345

• 2 weeks later...

Note that the guide lists incorrect power levels for the trophies for master/grandmaster nightfalls because the power cap increases each season. It's now higher than when the guide was last updated back on 27 March.

From now until the new Witch Queen expansion comes out on 22 February, the pinnacle power cap is 1330. Master nightfalls are 20 points above the pinnacle cap, making them power 1350 this season. Grandmaster nightfalls have an entry requirement of 15 points above the pinnacle cap, meaning this season you must be power 1345 to do a grandmaster nightfall. Grandmaster is harder than master because your power is locked to the entry requirement of the event while enemies are set to 25 points above that. So you can go into a grandmaster nightfall at 1370, which will be the power level of the enemies this season, but the game will calculate the damage you take and the damage you do as if you were 1345.

For anyone starting this I wouldn't bother. Especially if you're a F2P player. It will take months just to grind to the level requirements for GM Nightfalls. Even if you have all the DLC it will take ages. I have everything but Beyond Light. I've played every day the past 3 weeks and I'm 1314. Going from 1320 to 1330 can only be achieved by pinnacle drops, and you could do the few available pinnacles and gain nothing with how poor the drops are. Then you have to wait another week! And if you do manage to get to the level you could have to wait longer because the Nightfall that week requires DLC. 

Today I completely lost interest, it's not worth it. If you haven't played D1, play that. 10x better!

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From my experience reaching a seasonal light level cap isn't that hard...nor as time-consuming as people make it sound. I suppose that's only the case if you like the game's activities and working towards other things in the meantime.

I did the trophy prior to the vault when the requirements were different - but I still was able to finish grandmaster nightfall with friends. Granted, it was a particular one that was considered to be the easiest of all (don't remember which one exactly) but it was fairly easy. Keep in mind that it was prior to A LOT of changes to the game, so this experience might be outdated.

47 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Wanna jump into D2 but that grandmaster BS requirements are pushing me away.  And how difficult are we talking about, light switch omnigul difficult? 

That is dependent on the nightfall, lake of shadows would be the easiest one. You would nee to reach 1345 and get a good group where you all have a pretty good set up. One titan with bubble, one warlock with well, and a third with a stasis ability. You should all having falling guilotines, a bow, and some sort of fusion rifle with the artifact mods of Particle Deconstruction and Focusing Lens. All the shields are solar except one void on the wizard right before the boss room.

Usually in the last month or two of the season they let you choose your GM, but otherwise at the beginning of January is when Lake of Shadows returns.

You have to take some patience with GM nightfalls and play very passively and teamshot almost every enemy/champion. You should have your mods built out to give you more stats, overload bows, and unstoppable fusion rifles. You should also have mods to take less damage from things like taking less sniper damage and if you have them, arc charged with light mods that can give you more stats.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:24 PM, GUDGER666 said:

For anyone starting this I wouldn't bother. Especially if you're a F2P player. It will take months just to grind to the level requirements for GM Nightfalls. Even if you have all the DLC it will take ages. I have everything but Beyond Light. I've played every day the past 3 weeks and I'm 1314. Going from 1320 to 1330 can only be achieved by pinnacle drops, and you could do the few available pinnacles and gain nothing with how poor the drops are. Then you have to wait another week! And if you do manage to get to the level you could have to wait longer because the Nightfall that week requires DLC. 

Today I completely lost interest, it's not worth it. If you haven't played D1, play that. 10x better!

I mean you should be buying the DLC anyways as that's where a lot of the good stuff is. Or at the very least the seasonal pass. Destiny for F2P only players, isn't meant to be super fast, and you won't get the majority of the raids nor a few more pinnacles without it. Destiny is a game where if you don't buy the DLC, it will evolve without you. But the DLC constantly goes on sale, so at this point, there isn't much of a reason not to buy it if you actually like the game itself.

Beyond Light is one of the biggest expansion in the game and you don't own it. Pinnacles aren't meant to come fast, and powerful is meant to take 3-5 weeks to get from 1280-1320 on a usual case. It is not meant to be a game where you level super fast.

Lake of Shadows may no longer be one of the easy GM nightfalls. This week's patch changed the boss to actually have the amount of health you'd expect a strike boss to have, instead of the pitifully tiny amount of health he's had since day one. Chopping him to death in under 10 seconds with swords won't be happening any longer, but how long it'll take will depend on what Bungie means when they say that his heath has been "increased significantly". We'll end up getting overwhelmed if he's still alive 30 seconds later when the well and/or bubble go away, with a billion psions surrounding us and two knights throwing fire all over the platform. Or he could be dead in under 30 seconds because even if they doubled his health he'd still die before the well/bubble run out. For a lot of groups, even tripling his health won't let him outlive the duration of the well/bubble. But if he can't be burned so fast that we can ignore the boss room mechanics, then it'll probably become one of the hardest GMs.

That being said, GM nightfalls in general are nowhere near as bad as some people make them out to be. Only a few GMs are either really difficult (like Proving Grounds), or not necessarily difficult but massively annoying because of how easy it is to make it all to the way to the end and then screw up (Hollowed Lair with the length of the boss fight increasing the chance of someone making a mistake). I've been casually working on finally getting the Conqueror seal this season for myself and a couple of semi-casual friends who don't normally do GM nightfalls. Even using sub-optimal loadouts, we still cleared Lake of Shadows (before the boss health change this week), Exodus Crash (easy up to the boss, but there are a couple cheese spots in the boss room if you need them), and now The Corrupted (possible to one phase the boss this season with Particle Deconstruction + Focusing Lens from the artifact, using linear fusion rifles in a Well of Radiance). I'd done the easiest GMs - Inverted Spire, Lake of Shadows, and Arms Dealer - multiple times in previous seasons, so am not new to GMs. But my friends hadn't done a GM before this season.

Proving Grounds and The Hollowed Lair are still a major pain in the ass. But if all you care about are trophies then you can just do the easiest GM nightfall in whatever season you go for the trophy and ignore the rest. Then again, if all you care about are trophies, I question why you would want to play any game this long and grindy. I question why anyone who only cares about trophies would ever consider a game that takes more than 5 hours to get the plat. Yes it's free to play, but it's still probably a minimum of 100 hours to plat for most people. I can't imagine playing something I hate for 10 hours, much less 100 hours. There's no shortage of inexpensive games with 0-5 hour plats. Spend some cash and find a better use for your time than wasting it on something you'll end up hating for 100 or more hours to get a lousy 14 trophies. You can easily get 100 times that many trophies in the same amount of time for under $50. And I'm not saying that to be snide or negative, as I've got plenty of those kind of games on my profile.

If you want to level up in Destiny 2 as quickly as possible, there are ways. But as with any game like this, you can do it however you want and have it take however long it takes, or you can follow at least close to the optimal path and be more efficient. I don't mind spending my time in less optimal ways, but then I love the game and devote so much of my time to it anyway. Closing in on 3000 hours played since it launched a little over four years ago. If you're starting from scratch and want to level your gear and season pass as fast as possible, or are coming back to it after a year or more away and everything you've got is now at the base power of 1100, there are plenty of guides out there about leveling your character.

Here is a pretty detailed explanation of leveling up as of the current season - Destiny 2 power leveling

7 hours ago, Alindawyl said:

Lake of Shadows may no longer be one of the easy GM nightfalls. This week's patch changed the boss to actually have the amount of health you'd expect a strike boss to have, instead of the pitifully tiny amount of health he's had since day one. Chopping him to death in under 10 seconds with swords won't be happening any longer, but how long it'll take will depend on what Bungie means when they say that his heath has been "increased significantly". We'll end up getting overwhelmed if he's still alive 30 seconds later when the well and/or bubble go away, with a billion psions surrounding us and two knights throwing fire all over the platform. Or he could be dead in under 30 seconds because even if they doubled his health he'd still die before the well/bubble run out. For a lot of groups, even tripling his health won't let him outlive the duration of the well/bubble. But if he can't be burned so fast that we can ignore the boss room mechanics, then it'll probably become one of the hardest GMs.

That being said, GM nightfalls in general are nowhere near as bad as some people make them out to be. Only a few GMs are either really difficult (like Proving Grounds), or not necessarily difficult but massively annoying because of how easy it is to make it all to the way to the end and then screw up (Hollowed Lair with the length of the boss fight increasing the chance of someone making a mistake). I've been casually working on finally getting the Conqueror seal this season for myself and a couple of semi-casual friends who don't normally do GM nightfalls. Even using sub-optimal loadouts, we still cleared Lake of Shadows (before the boss health change this week), Exodus Crash (easy up to the boss, but there are a couple cheese spots in the boss room if you need them), and now The Corrupted (possible to one phase the boss this season with Particle Deconstruction + Focusing Lens from the artifact, using linear fusion rifles in a Well of Radiance). I'd done the easiest GMs - Inverted Spire, Lake of Shadows, and Arms Dealer - multiple times in previous seasons, so am not new to GMs. But my friends hadn't done a GM before this season.

Proving Grounds and The Hollowed Lair are still a major pain in the ass. But if all you care about are trophies then you can just do the easiest GM nightfall in whatever season you go for the trophy and ignore the rest. Then again, if all you care about are trophies, I question why you would want to play any game this long and grindy. I question why anyone who only cares about trophies would ever consider a game that takes more than 5 hours to get the plat. Yes it's free to play, but it's still probably a minimum of 100 hours to plat for most people. I can't imagine playing something I hate for 10 hours, much less 100 hours. There's no shortage of inexpensive games with 0-5 hour plats. Spend some cash and find a better use for your time than wasting it on something you'll end up hating for 100 or more hours to get a lousy 14 trophies. You can easily get 100 times that many trophies in the same amount of time for under $50. And I'm not saying that to be snide or negative, as I've got plenty of those kind of games on my profile.

If you want to level up in Destiny 2 as quickly as possible, there are ways. But as with any game like this, you can do it however you want and have it take however long it takes, or you can follow at least close to the optimal path and be more efficient. I don't mind spending my time in less optimal ways, but then I love the game and devote so much of my time to it anyway. Closing in on 3000 hours played since it launched a little over four years ago. If you're starting from scratch and want to level your gear and season pass as fast as possible, or are coming back to it after a year or more away and everything you've got is now at the base power of 1100, there are plenty of guides out there about leveling your character.

Here is a pretty detailed explanation of leveling up as of the current season - Destiny 2 power leveling

I lowkey enjoy playing this game with my friends i just see the trophies as a bonus, I've been focusing on my light levels for the time being so i can be able to experience more content, Currently sitting at 2080 doing the weekly challenges for engrams to rank up