How are people still getting DIY PMC?

C4M0-W0LF

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You can still get the trophy now as long as you created a mask on the site when it was active. I guess those people are just now getting round to using their created masks.

Listen to Scottish people they are always right.

real trophy hunters do not do half the requirements then come back, I heard people can still get it somehow without hacking.

So then I guess everyone that gets this plat now is not really a trophy hunter because they are getting the plat because they got the trophy before the server shutdown.

real trophy hunters do not do half the requirements then come back, I heard people can still get it somehow without hacking.

Spill the beans bad boy!The audience request proof Edited by itzzh3lixx

• 8 months later...

If you look at my Army of 2 trophies you will see that the only online trophies I have are all on the same day, Jan 3rd 2015. I made a mask in 2010, played chapter 1 said this game sucks, picked it back up because I wanted to up my low completion percentage. Tried the online once. Trophy popped.

Well, is it trophy hacks? Because their profiles seem like they are normal hunters

If you're looking for legit way to get this trophy look on http://www.playstationtrophies.org/ If there is legit way you will find something about it on forums.

If you're trying to point out there are hackers on this site my advice is don't bother. If people that manage this site don't care neither should anybody else.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think that DIY PMC is still possible to do if you created mask on web even without installed game. I did that when it worked on my old FAT PS3 which got YLOD. I think it could work for me if i will take HDD from my old PS3, trophy should appear now with new date. Not sure at all but in my opinion when web was still alive it has been send on my PS3. What do you think guys? Should i risk and install this game on my old disc in new console or copy old data to a new PS3 ? Anyone had the same situation like me?

• Like 2

But you dont understood me i made mask when web was still active and i am just thinking if there will be trophy if i copy data from ONE of MY broken PS3 to MY SECOND PS3. I am not sure if this will work or not. I am not talking about copy some hacked things from other player but my own system files.

• 2 weeks later...

The only legit way is if you made a mask and downloaded it back when the site was still on. Luckily for me I made 4 masks and downloaded them back in 2010 or 2011 but at the same time I stopped playing it that year because I let a friend of mine borrow my copy of the game. Then I later found out the idiot sold it because he thought it was his. (He kept the game for more than 2 years and forgot all about it that it was mine, but in all honesty I too also forgot that I lent him the game so we're both dumbasses. XD) Thank God, for PSN Plus coming out that year because I managed to back it up to the save cloud just before my console bricked the year after. Gonna attempt this game again but ONLY when that friend gets me another copy that he owes me for his screw up.

Note: I did some further research and investigation it seems that the site went down around July or August of 2012 and not November/December as conflicting statements/reports say. So that should narrow things down a lot. So if there's any player who doesn't have any trophies (excluding DIY PMC) from 2010 - 1st half of 2012, it's most likely that player is a cheater since you can't earn that trophy after that specific month and year. Plus earning any other trophies (especially for the first time) after that time before getting DIY PMC should be a dead giveaway.

Edited by axlredgrave
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.03.2017 at 11:25 PM, demonviper666 said:

U will get flagged.     And people with trophy are hacking vice save file.   No legit way.  Sorry 

He won't. It's possible and very doable.

On 4.04.2017 at 1:56 PM, axlredgrave said:

The only legit way is if you made a mask and downloaded it back when the site was still on. Luckily for me I made 4 masks and downloaded them back in 2010 but at the same time I stopped playing it that year because I let a friend of mine borrow my copy of the game. Then I later found out the idiot sold it because he thought it was his. (He kept the game for more than 2 years and forgot all about it that it was mine, but in all honesty I too also forgot that I lent him the game so we're both dumbasses. XD) Thank God, for PSN Plus coming out that year because I managed to back it up to the save cloud just before my console bricked the year after. Gonna attempt this game again but ONLY when that friend gets me another copy that he owes me for his screw up.

Note: I did some further research and investigation it seems that the site went down around July or August of 2012 and not November/December as conflicting statements/reports say. So that should narrow things down a lot. So if there's any player who doesn't have any trophies (excluding DIY PMC) from 2010 - 1st half of 2012, it's most likely that player is a cheater since you can't earn that trophy after that specific month and year. Plus earning any other trophies (especially for the first time) after that time before getting DIY PMC should be a dead giveaway.

You could make a mask without even playing the game for longer than 5 minutes.

54 minutes ago, axlredgrave said:

True, but not to have any sort of trophies prior to the mask creator site shutdown makes it very suspicious though.

But it's one of the legit ways so there is nothing to say about it ;)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2017 at 2:14 PM, Kfyatec said:

I think that DIY PMC is still possible to do if you created mask on web even without installed game. I did that when it worked on my old FAT PS3 which got YLOD. I think it could work for me if i will take HDD from my old PS3, trophy should appear now with new date. Not sure at all but in my opinion when web was still alive it has been send on my PS3. What do you think guys? Should i risk and install this game on my old disc in new console or copy old data to a new PS3 ? Anyone had the same situation like me?

once you put a hard drive in a ps3, it formats it and erases it. 

i dont see how its possible to get this trophy as this game has been marked as unable to get platinum years ago if you didnt do it prior to it being shut down. i luckily got it because i liked the game and got it years ago. still need to go back and finish the last 2 trophies one day if the game still works. had a heck of a time winning matches online but im pretty sure im close to having at least one win on most of the rounds

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone thought about using the Wayback Machine as a possible work around?

https://archive.org/web/

I do doubt this will work as you have to sign into your EA Origin Account. As far as I'm aware signing into a past web page is not possible, but it's worth a try, I guess.

There was one person who earned this trophy about a month ago, though they may have created a mask before the website updated and didn't use their mask until now.

Edited by Skeptical69