Damn, they really took Suicide out of Suicide Guy.

ThatMuttGuy

8 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Never played the series, but I am a fan of VR so I was looking at the list and saw it was related to Suicide Guy. 

Interesting that they took it out and even changed the trophy descriptions as well. 

I didn't realize they had changed some of the trophy descriptions also.

That has me wondering now. There is suppose to be a deluxe edition of both games coming to PS5 and I wonder i they will change the descriptions on there also?

26 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The best way to commit suicide is definitely in first person perspective.

As for all controversy around the word "suicide" being removed from media titles, I think it'd be more pertinent if we as a society addressed the root causes of suicide instead of sweeping the aftermath under the rug like we do with substance abuse, domestic violence and racial injustice.

True words. 

• Like 2

So are they going to start removing invisible walls from games to prevent funny, pointless deaths? I've intentionally died in Tomb Raider just to see what they put into with her getting impaled while sliding down a cliff or jumping off the ledge. Are we going to lose self grenade damage as well?

Meh, I suppose shit like this is expected these days. I kid, but I do find it ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

If they changed this to The Guy then Suicide Squad should change to The Squad.

Funny you should mention that. There is a Suicide Squad DLC for Lego Batman 3 that was titled The Squad. I guess you can give it a pass since it's a kids game, although why not just name it Task Force X?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Helyx said:

As for all controversy around the word "suicide" being removed from media titles, I think it'd be more pertinent if we as a society addressed the root causes of suicide instead of sweeping the aftermath under the rug like we do with substance abuse, domestic violence and racial injustice.

I'm all for addressing the root cause, but the idea that "we as a society" can do it together is kinda simplistic, we all work in different industries, and the major group that would be remotely effective at big change is those who decide governmental spending (more spending into mental health treatments, more spending for mental wellness training at work and schools, give people less stressful work lives with more options etc.)

All that we can do are small actions since it's very difficult to enact sweeping changes, if the developers want to do this, that's fine, even if it'll have little to no tangible effect. Even if it just lets the dev team sleep better at night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the game/trophies broken? @PSVRafa, can you maybe say sth about it?

Current leaderboards list doesn't look optimistic...

And by looking at the trophies and comparing them with 1st part it looks like it is "Suicide Guy", but no more suicidal only in VR with some "Deluxe" content.

• Like 3

On 09/11/2021 at 7:59 PM, Smashero said:

Is the game/trophies broken? @PSVRafa, can you maybe say sth about it?

Current leaderboards list doesn't look optimistic...

And by looking at the trophies and comparing them with 1st part it looks like it is "Suicide Guy", but no more suicidal only in VR with some "Deluxe" content.

I had to play every level 2x to get the specific trophies for each level, but for the statues it's working normally. I just got platinum!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 8:30 PM, PSVRafa said:

I had to play every level 2x to get the specific trophies for each level, but for the statues it's working normally. I just got platinum!

How did you get the trophies for this.. LOTS of them are not working for me. 

I am 100% sure I have done these trophies but they did not work:

Yellow Screwdriver, Supersonic Spaceship, Ouchy Cube, Donut, Computer User, Egg Cooker, Hamburger, First Statue Collector, Statue Collector Beginner

On 11/18/2021 at 11:59 PM, Mr-Photo said:

How did you get the trophies for this.. LOTS of them are not working for me. 

I am 100% sure I have done these trophies but they did not work:

Yellow Screwdriver, Supersonic Spaceship, Ouchy Cube, Donut, Computer User, Egg Cooker, Hamburger, First Statue Collector, Statue Collector Beginner

I'm playing this game now, and when it glitches, just restart the game. The statues will pop upon entering the hub area, but other trophy requirements must be met again (Green Hat, Break a Certain Thing, etc)

This game is buggy as heck and bricked my PS5 twice! A lot of the requirements can't be met due to a glitch happening, forcing your character into a third person POV, not to mention the control scheme is WACK

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2