VR

hoff_jager

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, hoff_jager said:

I was delighted to complete this in VR ?

I loved how it made me feel like I was actually there, the environment looked so dark and lifelike, it all made me feel so tense and on edge waiting for the next event to pop up, characters and enemies have more presence, they get really up close ?

The camera and weapon aiming in VR were cool and felt natural.

So in comparison to non-VR RE games I enjoyed before, it offered a unique horror experience I would definitely recommend to anyone if you can get your hands on VR, it is the best way to experience this horror, I loved it ?

On 5/1/2023 at 10:26 AM, ManOfHope567 said:

True. I felt that using my head to aim the gun was the next best thing to using a mouse to aim. 

On 8/27/2023 at 12:52 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

Same. It was an absolute pleasure and intense experience to play this in VR. It looked great, it felt great and made the game even better.

Can you unlock all of this game's trophies in VR? I know you can't with Village so that's why I'm asking.

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2024 at 1:25 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

Really? Which not?

The DLC doesn't support VR mode... which is fucking stupid and I guess the common thing Capcom does with the DLC's. Why they do it is beyond me.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed slur
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

The DLC doesn't support VR mode... which is fucking retarded and I guess the common thing Capcom does with the DLC's. Why they do it is beyond me.

Which DLC? There's 4 of them. I remember played End Of Zoe and that card game in VR and the main game. Everything worked fine. 

On 1/19/2024 at 6:28 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

As far as I know, everything should unlock with VR.

On 1/20/2024 at 5:32 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

Including the DLC trophies?

On 1/20/2024 at 12:43 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

Yes. All of them.

Ethan Must Die and Jack's 55th aren't VR compatible for some stupid reason. You said all the DLC is. That's why I said incorrect. 

• Like 1

@hoff_jager @ManOfHope567 @Solid-Fisch

Hey guys. I'm curious as to how likely I am to really struggle with the platinum and 100% here. I've never played a Resident Evil game and I absolutely HATE first-person, though I have played and platinumed first-person games before (in fact just a week ago I platinumed one: The Persistence for PS5). I do have a VR headset and it's the only reason I'm even considering playing this game but a few of the DLC's don't offer VR compatibility so I'd be stuck playing them in that dreaded, abominable first-person perspective. 

15 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Hey guys. I'm curious as to how likely I am to really struggle with the platinum and 100% here. I've never played a Resident Evil game and I absolutely HATE first-person, though I have played and platinumed first-person games before (in fact just a week ago I platinumed one: The Persistence for PS5). I do have a VR headset and it's the only reason I'm even considering playing this game but a few of the DLC's don't offer VR compatibility so I'd be stuck playing them in that dreaded, abominable first-person perspective. 

Well first of all sorry for being wrong on the VR stuff. I really thought all trophies would work in VR. Anyways if you really struggle that much with the first-person view then it's probably best to not play the game or on a second account first. Guess you really care about your completion rate when looking at your profile, so a dummy account could be a good option. But I don't know how that works. I also prefer playing in third person view, so I understand your point. You could skip to Resident Evil Village which can be played in third person (the story that is, mercenaries mode is only first person). I don't know how hard you are struggling with first person field of view, there are people complaining that the field of view in RE7 is quite small. I didn't had any trouble with that though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Well first of all sorry for being wrong on the VR stuff

Nah bro, no need to be sorry at all. I was just pointing out that you were incorrect. No worries whatsoever. Hey, we're all wrong about something sometimes. No one's perfect. 

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Guess you really care about your completion rate when looking at your profile

I do (took me YEARS to get it to where it is, completing incomplete games and whatnot) but to be honest it's taking its toll on me and making me start to care less these days about it. You 100%'ed this game twice and have a lot of other Resident Evil platinums. I consider you to be a veteran to this franchise so your opinion on the matter gets the upmost respect and validation from me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Nah bro, no need to be sorry at all. I was just pointing out that you were incorrect. No worries whatsoever. Hey, we're all wrong about something sometimes. No one's perfect. 

I do (took me YEARS to get it to where it is, completing incomplete games and whatnot) but to be honest it's taking its toll on me and making me start to care less these days about it. You 100%'ed this game twice and have a lot of other Resident Evil platinums. I consider you to be a veteran to this franchise so your opinion on the matter gets the upmost respect and validation from me. 

The 100% on the ps5 version of Resident Evil 7 have been way easier due the autopop mechanism and was prepared for a few specific trophies so I still had the needed save files for them. Anyways, in comparison to the other Resident Evil Games I got 100% on I'd say the difficulty for 7 was upper medium. There were points I had some struggles with, like the Ethan must die mode or the DLC trophies in the basement. But there are good guides out there and once I learned how to play these modes it became very doable. But you gotta learn how the game works. Hardest trophy for me probably was completing the survival+ mode in that card game. 100% in this game is not a walk in the park and without some guides I would have not made it. But one more thing we can talk about is the question of how much fun this game is? I honestly have to say it was quite enjoyable and I'm one of these guys which like the old Resident Evil games the most. Resident Evil 7 is different and feels different from these games but still it was an enjoyable ride and is a good game. So in terms of fun I can recommend it. And in VR, as I already mentioned back then, a fantastic experience. 

3 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

The 100% on the ps5 version of Resident Evil 7 have been way easier due the autopop mechanism and was prepared for a few specific trophies so I still had the needed save files for them. Anyways, in comparison to the other Resident Evil Games I got 100% on I'd say the difficulty for 7 was upper medium. There were points I had some struggles with, like the Ethan must die mode or the DLC trophies in the basement. But there are good guides out there and once I learned how to play these modes it became very doable. But you gotta learn how the game works. Hardest trophy for me probably was completing the survival+ mode in that card game. 100% in this game is not a walk in the park and without some guides I would have not made it. But one more thing we can talk about is the question of how much fun this game is? I honestly have to say it was quite enjoyable and I'm one of these guys which like the old Resident Evil games the most. Resident Evil 7 is different and feels different from these games but still it was an enjoyable ride and is a good game. So in terms of fun I can recommend it. And in VR, as I already mentioned back then, a fantastic experience. 

I've seen a lot of comments over the years about how the graphics in VR are amazing. I just played the demo and I wasn't impressed. Granted I played it on my OG PS4 so I'm not sure if that matters much. However, if I do pull the trigger and buy this game I'll be playing it on the PS5 (in VR of course).

19 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Ethan Must Die is definitely going to be your hardest challenge among the DLCs. The card game is also difficult, because the matches can go on for several minutes, so going back to the beginning after failing is lame, but on the other hand, it's pretty fun, I thought. A few sections of the End of Zoe DLC are a bit challenging on the Joe Must Die mode. Jack's 55th Birthday was a bit confusing sometimes, but overall easy. Just watch some YouTube videos if you need, they have great tips for End of Zoe and Ethan Must Die (although everything in EMD is purely randomized). As for the main campaign, even on Madhouse you should be fine using a proper guide in the hardest sections.