Yomi Training

So exactly how the hell are you even suppose to clear this crap? This is some of the worst designed content I've ever experienced in a game.

This just absolutely shits on all the fun I was having.

Is there some kind of set up? My characters are level 50+ and i tried a defense gem build but I just can't do crap.

The trial of growth? Wtf is that. It literally spawns endless waves of explosive doogoos on the multiple boss fights. Wasted pretty much all my items on that part alone.

This is gonna be the only senran game I won't have completed cause I just can't with this crap.

• Like 2

Yea it's really difficult, the ones I had the most trouble with are trial of ninja arts and trial of defense. Trial of skill is also a pain because of the time limit. You are gonna have to use gems that help you with the boss fights. I went for a balanced setup using 10% of each of the following

Attack

Ninja arts

Life

Defense

Stamina/Endurance

Make sure you equip good ninja shurikens and kunais as they can help with breaking guards. Effect charms also help too. One last thing I should mention is that P&C mediation "shorten training" helps too because they add effects before doing a trial. Use the purple ones.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just tried for another hour and I literally can't clear any of them past the two...

Why did they have to add something so absolutely fucking terrible. 

Which ones are you struggling with? And what gems are you using? Have you levelled up any of your gems?

Try it with Blanc, her def and health are really high and her skills have really fast recovery. 

My setup was 5 HP up stones (preferrably Lv8-10) across and 4 other green stones to form a cross in the middle. 4 def stones on one corner, 4 atk stones on another and whatever combo you want on the remainder.

With the hard mode peach blessing, I was near 8k HP and 460 def. I just tanked nearly everything.

• Like 2

So just beat this right now. I was struggling for a long time with the final robot on Trial of Growth for a while and after mixing it up I discovered: Kunai are OP. I was a level 60 character with a Resting Soul Kunia (you could probably use any with a high attack) and my Kunai gems were 

3 level 5 Kunai up 

Level 10 stealthy strike 

swift relead level 5 

all of them were connected in the exact middle row. I had other stuff but I think those were the main attractions. I ran through pretty much everything after doing that and I beat the final section in the trials in like 4 minutes max. 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman

18 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just tried for another hour and I literally can't clear any of them past the two...

Why did they have to add something so absolutely fucking terrible. 

Ive beaten 4 so far, just use yuuki and spam Cattack on everything. Yuuki is super tanky...or at least for whatever reason mine is.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Tried again 

Trial of ninja art is literally impossible...

She instantly kills any setup

Yep, Yoh gamer 2nd phase is horrible. Her move that involves her firing her weapon insta kills you after 1 shot. And she spams it all the fucking time. Every time you get hit by it, immediately heal. Hold up on your d-pad and heal every SINGLE time she shoots you. She can kill you faster than you can throw your PS4 out your window. To make matters worse, she keeps teleporting and there's a god damn time limit. I'm so glad that I beat her. I spent a good hour on her. She's hot but really difficult.

Good luck on trial of Ninja Arts. For Skill, the main problem I had was the time limit. Do your best to use attacks that can take multiple groups of Stemaxs (forgot his name). But there's a part where he makes clones of himself, I used Purple Heart's attacks on them. She can take out huge groups of enemies. 

I thought there was a trophy for getting to level 100. I was level 60ish before I realized there wasnt so that probably made it a bit easier for me but still...
Personally, I'm happy the mode exist.
This is probably the most interesting combat system in any of the action Neptunias but the game is so easy you can mindless button mash. This mode actually requires strategy, thinking and reflexes.
I wish more of the game had this feel. It's clearly going for the "soulslike" feel with the combat. They should have dedicated to the style and made all the systems actually matter for the entire game. 
This was the best content in the game and in no way was bad game design.
The rest of the game was so poorly balanced you could button mash like a mindless caveman.  This part actually required playing the game.
From a gameplay perspective, this is the best Senran Kagura title. It's lacking in other respects, of course. haha

If nothing else, it doesnt take long to grind in this game and every time you fail you are still gaining XP so eventually you will level up enough to do it.

Edited by Chaos_Culture
typo

• 3 months later...

Having managed Trial of Ninja Art first try without breaking much of a sweat, here's what I did to prepare for it.

Spirit Gem Setup

• Large Cross: Attack (5x Ult Destruction Lv 10, 4x Boss Sp Atk Lv 10) [Pretty much the one non-negotiable one since damage and boss damage is always important due to time limits]
  • Box 1: Ninja Art (4x Ninja Arts Boss Lv 10) [For every other trial and the first two stages of Ninja Art, I used 3x Shuriken UP Lv 10 and 1x Speedy Reload Lv 6]
  • Box 2: Defense (4x Ult Guard Lv 10, 5, 5, 4) [Didn't feel like grinding Trial of Defense to max these and it doesn't matter too much anyway]
  • Box 3: Life (4x HP Up Lv 10) [For trials with no items allowed, especially Trial of Life, use 3x Ultimate Healing and 1x Natural Regen instead]
  • Box 4: Mind (4x Boss Stamina Absorb) [4x Ult Awakening can seem tempting to increase Mountain Drive time, but I personally prefer filling stamina up faster since abusing Mountain Drive and guarding is gonna make the stamina gauge harder to fill]

Characters

• Miyabi
  • Black Heart (any character works since I didn't ever have to switch, so choose a tank like Yuuki or White Heart if it makes you feel better)

Misc.

• Charm: Master Swordsman Talisman x2
  • Weapons: Best possible power-wise for Miyabi to deal with elite enemies in the first two phases using the Rosso Dyed Whirlpool damage trick. Mine were the Yomi Hanging Rings Neo and the Ever-Shacking Kunai
  • Level: 65
  • Items: A considerable supply of HP Restoration items and Scroll Buffs (specifically Herculean Strength, Sturdy, and Secret Arts)
  • P&C Meditation Hard buff

My general strategy was to utilize the Mountain Drive to mitigate damage from Guardian Yoh Gamer when she's out of reach. When she is in reach (and not teleporting around like a shit), this is when you should use Rosso Dyed Whirlpool on her as much as you can, getting normal attacks in to refill the stamina gauge where possible. Doing this, I was able to do considerable damage to Guardian Yoh Gamer with each use of Rosso Dyed Whirlpool while not taking much damage when she managed to get a hit on me (assuming I wasn't guarding, which causes all attacks to do 0 damage with the Mountain Drive). In the end, I managed to get her down well within the time limit while only using one Provisions Pill that I likely could've gotten away without using.

As for the actual strategy to grind all of this, you can get most of the gems through just purchasing Lv 3 gems and synthesizing until you get four Level 10 gems. My preferred method to grind out money was to equip a Full Power Luck build with 5 Money Up Lv 10 gems (1st Gem Drop and 2nd Gem Drop need to be farmed from missions or Trial of Luck; the rest can be bought) and repeatedly do the Dogoo Corps All Out War mission as it's incredibly easy to do without much danger or variance seeing as Dogoos are among the least aggressive enemies in the game. Doing this, between the enemies and the mission reward, I was making nearly 160k gold per run. In addition, you can sell whatever stealth keys and money items you get through the mission for even more money.

As for Ult Destruction and Ult Guard, these have to be gotten through Trial of Attack and Trial of Defense, respectively. In total, to get all of the necessary Lv 10 gems, you would need five runs of Attack and four runs of Defense. Attack isn't much of an issue since the minotaur boss at the end goes down pretty easy with the Rosso Dyed Whirlpool damage trick, though Defense can be a bit more annoying since it's the other trial where you can't do the damage trick due to no Ninja Arts allowed in the final stage. For this, I abused the shurikens to do damage to the boss at the end so I could keep distance. Personally, I only elected to do this once, though you can always farm this one out too since it shouldn't take too long on account of only needing three extra runs.

Also, quick little notes for other trials...

Luck: For most of this trial, you don't have a time limit, so if you have a Natural Regen gem, you can stand around in a spot with no enemies (say, after beating an enemy set while the game is waiting for you to activate the next device pair) to heal to full since you can't use items. This can take quite a while depending on how much damage you took, but it's certainly better than dying partway into the trial because you went into an encounter with low health. In addition, you can skip quite a few encounters by just activating both devices in a pair to despawn the enemies that the first device spawns.

Mind: In Stage 2, unlike pretty much any other "avoid the strong enemies" mission, the Yasha Skulls specifically move counter-clockwise around the map and only aggro when you get too close to them rather than constantly hunting you down. Knowing this makes it fairly easy to avoid them by just taking pot shots at the melons you need to kill instead of dawdling around (having a skill that can kill multiple melons at once such as Rosso Dyed Whirlpool also helps to speed things along).

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

I'm having trouble with the Trial of Growth...the damn exploding dogoos with the bosses are annoying and don't really allow for targeting the bosses with Rosso Dyed Whirlwind, but the main problem i have is the Affimojas boss, where he takes ZERO damage from everything until his guard breaks... after wearing down the first two bosses i always run out of time with him...at least I am assuming he takes damage only once the break gauge is dowm, since Ninja Arts and Shinobi moves do no damage at all to his heath bar and show a bunch of zero's when i attack him...

i'm at level 65 (Miyabi) and 68 (Yumi) for my chars and still having issues...

not sure where to get Boss Break orbs if that is what i need...

Edited by sword_of_omens