Possible to play PS4 version on PS5?

Xillynoc

So I recently, finally got a PS5, which I'll eventually shift all my PS4 gaming to, but since the upgrade system for games on it is a little weird, I was wondering: is it possible to play the PS4 version of Warframe on there without upgrading/transferring all your game and trophy progress to the PS5 version? I only ask because, as much as I love this game, I'm pretty content with having the PS4 version 100%ed trophy-wise and not suuuuuuuper keen on taking a crack at the new list + any more that they add in the future. Figured it was worth asking about, at least.

2 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

So I recently, finally got a PS5, which I'll eventually shift all my PS4 gaming to, but since the upgrade system for games on it is a little weird, I was wondering: is it possible to play the PS4 version of Warframe on there without upgrading/transferring all your game and trophy progress to the PS5 version? I only ask because, as much as I love this game, I'm pretty content with having the PS4 version 100%ed trophy-wise and not suuuuuuuper keen on taking a crack at the new list + any more that they add in the future. Figured it was worth asking about, at least.

Yes, and it's recommended since if you do some trophies on the PS5 version you will not be able to pop them for the PS4 version. Additionally you can play the Ps5 version (which is much better, specially loading times) and when you have to unlock a trophy that will be unlockable on PS4 just switch to de Ps4 version.

The trophies that you should unlock on Ps4 are:

-"Complete X adventure" type of mission

-Assemble the railjack

-Reach top standing with Ventkinds and Solaris United (last upgrade should be done on the PS4 version)

-Explore all the caves (the last one on PS4)

-Do all the K-ride races (the last one on PS4)

-Vanish a Kuva Lich lvl 5 (you can unlock this on both, but it's so grindy that it's not fun to do it twice)

-Configure a Moa companion or Zaw (same as the kuva lich, too grindy to do it twice)

-Bounty Hunter (same as the two before, this one only takes an hour but why would you want to do it twice?)

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 0:19 AM, TJsTrophies said:

Yes, just install the PS4 version.

Great, thx.

23 hours ago, Lezonidas said:

Yes, and it's recommended since if you do some trophies on the PS5 version you will not be able to pop them for the PS4 version. Additionally you can play the Ps5 version (which is much better, specially loading times) and when you have to unlock a trophy that will be unlockable on PS4 just switch to de Ps4 version.

The trophies that you should unlock on Ps4 are:

-"Complete X adventure" type of mission

-Assemble the railjack

-Reach top standing with Ventkinds and Solaris United (last upgrade should be done on the PS4 version)

-Explore all the caves (the last one on PS4)

-Do all the K-ride races (the last one on PS4)

-Vanish a Kuva Lich lvl 5 (you can unlock this on both, but it's so grindy that it's not fun to do it twice)

-Configure a Moa companion or Zaw (same as the kuva lich, too grindy to do it twice)

-Bounty Hunter (same as the two before, this one only takes an hour but why would you want to do it twice?)

Luckily I've already got the 100% for the PS4 version, so no worries there.

• 1 month later...

I did play PS4 version on ps5 and there are some minor problems with it. On the k drive race trophy for example I once got my progress reset and locked out of the trophy. Solution was to redo everything on an actual ps4. Same thing happened with a few other trophies. I think it should not happen as long as you never start the game on another console