Screen tearing

Adam

Anyone else is experiencing screen tearing while playing? It is really annoying. I thought with the PS5 generation, screen tearing, texture pop ups and frame rate drops are all behind us. But seeing how ugly this game is compared to other PS4 games I guess i shouldn't be surprised. 

• Like 1

A friend was having the same issue because he used the PS5 restmode without first quitting the game/application.
Afterwards the PS5 would turn on with the game still running and he just continued the game.
Visuals were awful... 

Since he noticed that it only happened when using rest mode, he always quit the game and fully turned off the PS5. Since then he had no issues anymore with Far Cry 6.

On PS4 rest mode could also give trouble if you used it with a game still running and it seems PS5 has similar issues.
I never use rest mode because things boot so quick I don't see the point of it...

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

The screen tearing is atrocious, like GTAV on PS3 bad. I can't remember the last time I saw anything this terrible, to the point that it's extremely distracting at times. I recently played Watch Dogs Legion and the performance was vastly better than this, so I'm pretty disappointed. The visuals are beautiful, but they need to fix this ASAP.

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps
typo
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 7:49 AM, GameManiac085 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but after yesterday's update I didn't encounter any screen tearing. Played for about 2 hrs. 

Nope just played again yesterday, same thing. I wonder, if coop has anything to do with it, as Digital Foundry didn't seem to discover anything this egregious.

forgot quote
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a myriad of performance issues. The only thing I haven't encountered is frame drops during gameplay...but the 30FPS cutscenes are choppy as hell. Screen tearing is very present. I also have screen flickering issues where it seems like the connection between HDMI and my TV is bad, even tried different cables and turning the 4K Transfer rate setting to -1 or -2 and there's no change there. Plus an audio bug that pops up every now and then that makes all the audio very static and robot-like...and that one effects the entire PS5, even if I turn the game off the audio on the rest of the PS5 is doing it until I reset the console or unplug the HDMI and plug it back in. 

It's hard to tell if it's just this game...or if there's handshake issues between my HDMI and TV because these things didn't start to this extent until I started playing FC6. 

On 31/10/2021 at 1:45 PM, Adam said:

Anyone else is experiencing screen tearing while playing? It is really annoying. I thought with the PS5 generation, screen tearing, texture pop ups and frame rate drops are all behind us. But seeing how ugly this game is compared to other PS4 games I guess i shouldn't be surprised. 

@that_dude_cam_ps @Viper

this game does suffer from tearing but it's experdited massively if your ps5 goes into standby or anything else that causes memory leaks. turn the ps5 off and hold the power button till it beeps, connect controller with cable and choose to clear cache/rebuild database then clear cache, it'll restart and you should see noticeable difference. alternatively you can power down and unplug ps5 for 20 seconds and then plug it back in. if your getting noticeable bad tearing that should fix it.

as for static audio issues or sound cutting straight out thats down to the shitty engine, and also down to how the ps5 manages it's memory, clear the cache and rebuild the database, if it persists reinstall the game, if it continues then it's your save file. hdmi cables either work or they don't it won't be that, if it was a handshake failiure you'd get no audio at all, HDMI ARC is a finnicky bitch if that is what your using and it will cut out. but i've never had to reinsert a hdmi cable.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

VRR will correct the screen tearing once Sony pulls their finger out with their OS update.  That said, it'll only work for VRR compatible tv's such as LG C1, and Ubisoft should really have their games correctly optimised to mitigate tearing in the first place.  As well as apparently Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla had that as well.

Yeah VRR will mitigate the situation, but as you said, only if you have an hdmi 2.1 compliant VRR capable display. VRR is of course great tech, but it really only works well, when the game drops frames here and there and doesn’t yo-yo from 40-60. Generally, Ubisoft just needs to fix their games performance so the screen tearing isn’t so glaring.