Glitch when moving across narrow ledge (workaround in the comments)

I am loving this game so far, it's so much fun, especially the story and acting are *chefs kiss*. Just pure fun for the sake of fun. 

But. I have encountered super annoying glitch, I am trying to get one of Rockets outfits (chapter 10, when you ask Rocket to crawl into the hole and blow up stone face from the inside), and it requires to shimmy across narrow ledge to get to the other side. No matter what I do, however I move my stick after Peter doesn't move forward on flat ground, but does 180 and starts slowly going back on the ledge. I tried dashing, jumping, nothing- after the ledge he stops for a second and no matter what I do goes "nope" and goes back. 

Anyone encountered this in their playthrough? This hasn't happened in any of previous narrow spots I moved through, this was the first

https://youtu.be/T29Jf6ekXJ8

It was kinda hard to record with one hand, yes I tried changing camera and direction when he steps off the ledge. It's kinda driving me insane. Oh, also the saving icon is constantly "loading" in top right corner.

Edited by Forunth

Same thing happened to me even with reloading checkpoints etc. I fixed it by holding the stick to the left and spamming the jump button just after getting to the side of the chest. Very annoying glitch. Hope this helps

Edited by SynPD
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SynPD said:

Same thing happened to me even with reloading checkpoints etc. I fixed it by holding the stick to the left and spamming the jump button just after getting to the side of the chest. Very annoying glitch. Hope this helps

Thanks, I found the fix on YT as well. 

To others that might encounter this: push the stick towards the chest and spam the jump button really fast, it didn't work when I was just pressing it kinda fast, I had to spam. Hopefully the devs will patch this out soon

• Like 1

Hey guys, I got the platinum. This glitch was super frustrating. How I solved in the end is pointing the joystick in the direction of the crate (you'll keep moving on the ledge as if you are pressing forward) and dashing towards it in the window you get control of Star Lord. It's tight timing and took a few attempts, but you can break out of the gravitational pull dragging you back to the ledge.

On 31/10/2021 at 10:30 PM, Lymus said:

You can also just jump the gap instead of using the ledge. 
To the left of the ledge get up on the rocks and jump over to the other side.

Yep, this worked for me too. Easy way around the glitch, luckily. ^_^

8 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Also, if you face the camera straight on with Star-Lords face it should let you cross normal.  That's what I did and got across.

It didn't work for me, tried everything with the camera, the stick towards the chest+mashing and jumping across were the most reliable in my case

On 11/2/2021 at 6:21 AM, Forunth said:

It didn't work for me, tried everything with the camera, the stick towards the chest+mashing and jumping across were the most reliable in my case

Hmm, maybe I just got lucky or something.  Instead I got the all abilities unlocked trophy bug and had to replay chapter 13.  ?‍♂️