Everything Obtainable in 2021?

Lord_Bane999

9 hours ago, SuperZay said:

Either way, I don't see anything in event overview on their official site that indicates Journey troops will be only for new kingdoms

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407586251535

Did developers ever mentioned it or something?

The first bolded heading reads "Journey to a new Kingdom, battling to collect Miles along the way."  (Emphasis mine.)  That certainly suggests to me that Journeys are an event linked to the release of a new kingdom.  As opposed to somebody suggesting above that " every current kingdom will have a Journey event and associated Pathfinder troop like Bounty or Tower troops "

There's a healthy amount of stuff lying around on GoW's "drawing board" that appears on the various spoiler pages.  Some of which have been on those pages for months, if not years.

Until an actual date gets attached to any hypothetical troop/pet/delve/etc., it doesn't mean anything.  Because there's also a healthy amount of stuff that could have been categorized as "sometime in the future" that eventually vanished without a trace from those same spoiler pages.

22 hours ago, SuperZay said:

Wrong, every current kingdom will have a Journey event and associated Pathfinder troop like Bounty or Tower troops. Pathfinder troops from Khetar (Bone Knight), Maugrim Woods (Fox Mage), Bright Forest (Summer Sprite) are already in game files and you can see them here.

Why would it accumulate, your score resets like with any other event after it ends.

I get your score "resets" but I'm going under the assumption because the description doesn't say mention anything of "all at once" or "in one run". There's been other games I've played with tracking over multiple runs. With how few people have completed this I'm just ensuring nothing was missed honestly.

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I get your score "resets" but I'm going under the assumption because the description doesn't say mention anything of "all at once" or "in one run". There's been other games I've played with tracking over multiple runs. With how few people have completed this I'm just ensuring nothing was missed honestly.

There's been a debate about this particular topic over on the "official" forums.  And the conclusion we've reached is no conclusion, because nobody will know for certain until there's another Journey event.  The developers have declined to comment on this.

If it turns out that it's 20k miles within a single journey event, this trophy will become fabulously expensive to pull off.  Likely requiring at least three Tier VII purchases in the Event Store; Tier VII isn't cheap and getting through the first six TIers is also not cheap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acasser said:

There's been a debate about this particular topic over on the "official" forums.  And the conclusion we've reached is no conclusion, because nobody will know for certain until there's another Journey event.  The developers have declined to comment on this.

If it turns out that it's 20k miles within a single journey event, this trophy will become fabulously expensive to pull off.  Likely requiring at least three Tier VII purchases in the Event Store; Tier VII isn't cheap and getting through the first six TIers is also not cheap.

For the later stages of a Journey event does the enemies eventually hit a level cap too or does their strength keep advancing as you go further in one? Curious on this as that would affect the it as well.

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

For the later stages of a Journey event does the enemies eventually hit a level cap too or does their strength keep advancing as you go further in one? Curious on this as that would affect the it as well.

My ennemies were level 700++ when I stop moving forward in the journey, so if there's a cap I did not reach it.

Edited by Nieird
  • Like 2

The frustrating part about the new journey event trophy is that it is the first trophy I can think of that is 100% behind a gem/pay wall and is somewhat luck based since the more turns you take the less points you get. I've seen some people get > 20K miles with 165 matches and others at 190. I think I spent close to 3000 gems on the event and on top of that it took me longer than a delve event to complete and was less enjoyable/rewarding as all you get for that many points on a fresh event is the experience of spending 2500+ gems for a trophy. 

As a player since almost the launch on the PS4 I am 100% not liking the direction the game is taking in terms of trophies and availability of new cards and resources to upgrade kingdoms. 

6 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Some enemies will probably hit a "maximum stats" cap before hitting a level cap, particularly those that receive the benefits of the 10% stat boosts for the week.

If there is a hard level cap, it's probably at 1000.  I'm not sure myself; I was nearing Level 800 enemies by the time I got to 20k miles.

4 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

The frustrating part about the new journey event trophy is that it is the first trophy I can think of that is 100% behind a gem/pay wall and is somewhat luck based since the more turns you take the less points you get. I've seen some people get > 20K miles with 165 matches and others at 190. I think I spent close to 3000 gems on the event and on top of that it took me longer than a delve event to complete and was less enjoyable/rewarding as all you get for that many points on a fresh event is the experience of spending 2500+ gems for a trophy. 

As a player since almost the launch on the PS4 I am 100% not liking the direction the game is taking in terms of trophies and availability of new cards and resources to upgrade kingdoms. 

I think this is true only if it's "20k miles in a single Journey" and not "20k miles in all Journeys total".  Which is something we still don't have clarification on, either from the developers or from having the opportunity to test if mileage carries over from event to event.  (The latter being something much more easily tracked on Steam or X-Box.)

I have the trophy, and I had to spend a ton to get it.  Everybody in my guild who got the trophy purchased at least 3 Tier VII from the event store; one cleared the 20k threshhold early enough in the week -- iirc, on Thursday -- and as such believes he probably would have made it with only 2 Tier VII purchases and playing his weekend "free" sigils as well, but I'm not convinced he's correct about that one.

If this is a single-Journey requirement, it's a paywall and a steep one.  Though players who aren't active enough to have the Gems to purchase what is necessary to complete it likely are missing a number of other trophies that require a fair amount of time and effort and investment.  If this is a multiple-Journey requirement, it's still going to be a steep climb because who knows how often Journey events are even going to roll around?  It'll still take a lot of time and effort, but not nearly as much cost if it can be split up.

Also, if you're worried about "the direction of the game"?  While I think there's a cadre of "professional whiners" on the official forums who like to exaggerate and complain and make it seem worse than it is, bugs and the like have been creeping into the game at an increasing rate and that should be concerning.  A lot of stuff isn't "working as described" upon release for whatever reason and it seems to take an awfully long time for the developers to find and fix that stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, acasser said:

I have the trophy, and I had to spend a ton to get it.  Everybody in my guild who got the trophy purchased at least 3 Tier VII from the event store; one cleared the 20k threshhold early enough in the week -- iirc, on Thursday -- and as such believes he probably would have made it with only 2 Tier VII purchases and playing his weekend "free" sigils as well, but I'm not convinced he's correct about that one.

I got the trophy with two Tier VIIs and some free sigils, with plenty left after reaching 20k. I always used the highest level enemy available with some exceptions (for example if there is level 25 with Attack buff and 35 without, I pick the buff). If you pick only the lowest level enemy every time, naturally you'll need much more battles/sigils to reach the same score.

However this event has allowed some good green troops so I had 99% win rate with my team, in future events we may be not so lucky.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:56 PM, acasser said:

Also, if you're worried about "the direction of the game"?  While I think there's a cadre of "professional whiners" on the official forums who like to exaggerate and complain and make it seem worse than it is, bugs and the like have been creeping into the game at an increasing rate and that should be concerning.  A lot of stuff isn't "working as described" upon release for whatever reason and it seems to take an awfully long time for the developers to find and fix that stuff.

You bring up another good point which isn't mentioned much. Almost every patch includes new bugs and often times really odd bugs or they nerf things when people get too much use out of them. For example when they add Gnomeapalozza people evidently were getting too many rewards so the end result was everyone had their rewards reduced when popping a gnome a palozza. I heard the journey event this time might have been bugged in that number of turns counted extra turns via cascading matches meaning you go punished for being really lucky because you got multiple match 4/5s when you shouldn't have

I started to be a little concerned about the direction of the game when they added campaign passes. I stomached it and bought a few of the $9.99 passes because over all it wasn't too much money to put into the game every now and then since I play it so much and it helped me progress some of my kingdoms. The $9.99 is also a steal compared to their normal way over the top prices for deals. If you didn't get the pass you really weren't missing out. Now they are adding paywalls for new kingdom content on top of that.

I'm not sure you're lumping me in with the "professional whiners" but I don't think it is bad to complain about a game that for the most part has been free to play with slightly faster advancement by paying money to what we are seeing within the last year of the game. While I'm sure it won't impact their bottom dime much, its turned me from being willing to pay a little bit of money every now and then on the game to spending $0 ever again on the game because its ever increasing. 

On 01.12.2021 at 11:53 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Levels aside what kind of stats did everyone face for the Journey? Managed to fully complete my first pet event last night using my Tesla Team. 3 units were at lv 16 3 traits, Tesla 20 mythic no traits. Final opponent teams was level 100 with like 60 attack and armor and 110+ health

These were my last opponents.

UMKAK0W.png

Their stats only affected how long it takes to kill them, but their attack was irrelevant because it was always reduced to 0 by Essence of Evil weapon (inflicts all negative effects). They could cast an offensive spell sometimes but it was irrelevant too because I had barriers from Tiers. So, it was 99% win rate with this team regardless of enemy stats.

I think I was up to level 500+ for my battles at the end and yeah it was mainly a matter of getting the essence train rolling. Essence of Evil is a bit OP and would be totally that if it didn't have the random bonus to the opposing team that can screw up a turn like transforming an enemy troop into a power mythic that gets full mana on their turn or when the card you cast it on gets transformed into a toad and then gets mana on its turn and transforms your card into a toad. All in all I felt the event lacking for that very reason that it didn't really matter how powerful it was just a grind to spend gems on.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's safe to start playing for the trophy grind.  Everything is still attainable.

But it's a long, long grind -- you'll need to sink some serious time into this every single day for many months (if not years) if your goal is 100% trophy completion on this title.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RangyRV said:

Im going to acept your recommendation and stay away, maybe I play a bit in an alt account just for fun. I was excited about the trophy list with 102 trophies, but thats not worth at all.

So since I've made this post I've been playing it for about almost 2 months and while I will agree it is very grindy and that's after you manage to grind a half decent team to carry you through most content.

If you did change your mind or do want to go for it later. 1 thing I would highly suggest is starting it and joining a Guild that allows inactives. I'm in one myself currently until I can become more active in the game. There's a big benefit to signing in daily and claiming rewards. For example so far myself I've claimed about almost 2400 free gems (paid currency between Guild rewards and dailies). Also have gotten hundreds of keys for getting more units.

The big thing in any gacha game as a free player to save as much as you can as early as you can. So the one day you do do decide to attempt it, you won't be held back as much by the waiting for resources, in game currency etc towards your completion.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Just to let everyone know today they have a special Daily Deal on in Offers section. Today only for 400 Diamonds can get a pack that nets 20 Diamond 20 Event and 20 Glory Keys.

Happy New Year!

Daily Offers change day-by-day and are individual to each player.  Just because you have this specific offer doesn't mean that somebody else does.

5 hours ago, acasser said:

Daily Offers change day-by-day and are individual to each player.  Just because you have this specific offer doesn't mean that somebody else does.

Ah that sucks, I know they changed but always thought the same ones were shown to everyone. Must be just ironic it shows a good key bundle for New Year's Day

Edited by Lord_Bane999

• 4 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 5:06 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

I wouldn't recommend it. It's taken me years without paying to get to this point and the trophies are only getting more spiteful. 

Not to mention recently the fucking loading every two god damn seconds.

But what if I'm patient and love a good grind, and am very interested in 100%? Should I take the plunge here and now, almopst halfway through 2022?

5 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

But what if I'm patient and love a good grind, and am very interested in 100%? Should I take the plunge here and now, almopst halfway through 2022?

Take the plunge. I did and I'm still progressing slowly but surely. Like we got the second Journey event going on right now and I doubt I will get the 20K Mile trophy. But hey it's giving me good practice for the next time.

• Like 1

Just to update anyone following this thread, if you don't mind spending a couple bucks. Not sure if randomized like the daily deals but Community Week limited offer updated today to include an Epic Vault Key and 12 Gems Keys for a couple bucks. Epic Vault Key is needed to complete the trophy Sparkle Gnomies.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, IntroPhenom said:

I like the positivity by others in this thread but, in my opinion, do not ever play this game. Massive, massive grind (1000’s of hours) and not worth it all. You will hate the game far before 100%. Not to mention, predatory developers should never be supported.

• Like 1