Everything Obtainable in 2021?

Lord_Bane999

On 05/05/2022 at 7:20 PM, IntroPhenom said:

But what if I'm patient and love a good grind, and am very interested in 100%? Should I take the plunge here and now, almopst halfway through 2022?

Nah, I still don't recommend it.

I was like that too up until the last few DLC trophies.

You'd have to grind A LOT, and I really mean A LOT of materials that could take hundreds of hours to gather. I don't think you can get even half of the materials in a year, even when you play every single day...

You have to grind 100+ hours for a specific material (medals) for only a single trophy!

And with every new DLC, they often introduce even more materials to grind.

Not to mention the RNG crap that is going on. 

The new trophies wants you to defeat 10 cursed gnomes. I have encountered only TWO since it's introduction l. Another trophy wants you to upgrade the Soulforge to lv20 and it needs cursed runes to upgrade and you only get them from cursed gnomes. They appear randomly at a very very low rate.

But the absolute worst trophy is getting the Hoard Mimic unit.

You need to run high LV Explore multiple times to get mythstones. You need 100 mythstones to trigger a mythic battle. After the mythic battle, you have to pray for RNGesus that you get a Mimic encounter (has a low rate). After defeating the mimic, you have to pray AGAIN to RNGesus and hope to get the Hoard Mimic encounter (also very low rate). After defeating it, you have pray AGAIN to RNGesus to give you your Hoard Mimic unit (even more lower rate).

So it's triple RNG to get a single trophy!

So yeah, I don't recommend playing it at all if you're starting just now. Unless you want to spend tons of money (Hmmm nah! Still not worth it).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

predatory developers should never be supported

In what sense do you mean this? I'm reading it to mean a developer who introduces trophies requiring vast amounts of time with the intent of driving the player to purchase something(s) to reduce that time.

4 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

But the absolute worst trophy is getting the Hoard Mimic unit.

You need to run high LV Explore multiple times to get mythstones. You need 100 mythstones to trigger a mythic battle. After the mythic battle, you have to pray for RNGesus that you get a Mimic encounter (has a low rate). After defeating the mimic, you have to pray AGAIN to RNGesus and hope to get the Hoard Mimic encounter (also very low rate). After defeating it, you have pray AGAIN to RNGesus to give you your Hoard Mimic unit (even more lower rate).

So it's triple RNG to get a single trophy!

Can't argue, that one sounds downright evil. Not to comment about the potency of my brain, but it does like to shut off periodically, and do something mindless like grind for a trophy, so perhaps one day I will give this a go. 

Incidentally, I've never come across the term 'RNGesus', but I love it. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Not to mention, predatory developers should never be supported.

I'd consider this a better argument if this wasn't a F2P title.  You can play this title and do everything without spending a cent and/or doing anything to support the developer; to me, the idea that they shouldn't be permitted to do things to monetize the game and make back their expenses such as running the servers is unfair.  You can believe what they offer is overpriced and not really much of a help -- I do -- but they aren't a charity and shouldn't be obliged to behave as one.

If you believe the developers are "wrong", don't support their title, don't purchase the "extras", and don't play the game.  But it's not like you have to fork out a chunk of change ahead of time as one has to with something like 99% of other titles and then the developers are nickel-and-diming you forevermore or getting you addicted so they can keep selling you product like a drug dealer.

3 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

In what sense do you mean this? I'm reading it to mean a developer who introduces trophies requiring vast amounts of time with the intent of driving the player to purchase something(s) to reduce that time.

^This is spot on. For example, they released the Win an Epic Vault Battle trophy which required an Epic Vault Key to trigger. Epic Vault key required massive RNG (like 0.01% from an actual gnome RNG dropping in a regular battle). Subsequently to achieve this impossible trophy they dropped an Epic Vault Key in the store that you could buy for $15 to just buy the trophy basically. Now eventually they made the Gnome-a-Palooza (a year later) that made this easy to obtain.

I could give tons of other examples (Currently it’s the 10x Cursed Gnome via buying Gnome Bait, Soulforge Level 20, 20K Miles, etc.) but it’s all the same strategy… Milk everyone for real money via trophies, updates, etc. and I don’t appreciate any of it. I’ve played since release and every update they make me regret ever playing this game. I wouldn’t tell my worst enemy to play this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acasser said:

I'd consider this a better argument if this wasn't a F2P title.  You can play this title and do everything without spending a cent and/or doing anything to support the developer; to me, the idea that they shouldn't be permitted to do things to monetize the game and make back their expenses such as running the servers is unfair.  You can believe what they offer is overpriced and not really much of a help -- I do -- but they aren't a charity and shouldn't be obliged to behave as one.

If you believe the developers are "wrong", don't support their title, don't purchase the "extras", and don't play the game.  But it's not like you have to fork out a chunk of change ahead of time as one has to with something like 99% of other titles and then the developers are nickel-and-diming you forevermore or getting you addicted so they can keep selling you product like a drug dealer.

Respectfully disagree. You’re certainly entitled to your own opinion but releasing near impossible trophies with the intent to get you to pay real money to buy them instead is predatory behavior. Look at the Epic Vault Key, Medals, Cursed Gnomes, Soulforge, 20K miles, etc. I could go on and on but I won’t. 

If you want examples of F2P done right check out Warframe, Fortnite, Idle Champions, etc. They just encourage you to buy cosmetics… Albeit, Gems of War you can earn everything you need eventually, but with massive, massive grinds behind it all. But hell, the entry point is really buying boosted armor from the store which used to be $50 (I think it’s $30 now) which everyone I know considers that basically a requirement for 100% trophies, I already paid for the game, it wasn’t free. 

This is coming from a daily player in a high level guild coming up on almost 7 years of this garbage. I would never tell anyone to support this game or developers at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I stop playing, after 7 years, a month before they introduce hoard mimic and the comment I read does not encourage me to go back. They only way I found to not spend a dime was to sit on 10 000 gems just to buy the new trophy and then save up again until the next patch.

But I can't do anything for trophy that require a huge amount of luck.

Edited by Nieird