Holiday Scavenger Hunt Game #3 ($500+ in giveaways)

B1rvine

• What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?: I enjoy putting up all the small balls and little things on the xmas tree and just the warm feeling of the home at winter
  • What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face?: I remember I think it was 2 years ago I got my mum a bit of music that she missed and it was something she loved but forgot all about for many years till she heard it off the disc and yeah she cried and smiled and hugged me when I got it for her and yeah that is one memory of a gift I gave that done something like that to someone.
  • Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why?: I am not sure why I feel it but I feel I have been nice this year, I have tried my best to do all I can to keep a level head in a lot of things and help all I can and yeah I have seen a change in my mood and outlook and I feel it is for the better.

Also like to ask if it is at all alright to use a trophy that has the word email in it like say it is called Gun nutter, Read all emails of tom dick and harry so on.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:
  • What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?
  • What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face?
  • Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why?

• I remember the joy of watching A Christmas Story when it was still a new film and it not used as seasonal fodder.
  • Giving my baby sister a Golden Girls jigsaw puzzle. Belly-laughter on Christmas morning is always great.
  • Honestly, I guess it depends on who you ask, but I've probably been a bastard and deserve coal in my stocking.
Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

Interesting concept, this should prove to be more random than it usually is and bring more people to the competition.

I just have one question on the trophy image with x in them questions, since I don't see anything about it on the rules.

Does the whole trophy image need to be the item on the question or can it be a background item? Imagining you have a trophy image of someone holding a candle or a trophy image of a person using a necklace with a heart shape. Would this type of images count? The object is there, just not the main focus.

• Like 1

What holiday memory puts a smile on your face? For some reason my dad got me an expensive RC Plane one Christmas. Next day we went to a club that teaches you how to fly them, my cousin accidentally broke the tail so we couldn't fly it, following week it's fixed. A guy starts the engine and gets it flying and then I take over.. engine immediately cuts out and the plane smashed into ground. My dad paid £800 for it. Why didn't he get me an RC Car!? We sold the remote and parts to a guy who used them on a robot in the BBC 2 program Robot Wars. The robot got smashed to bits. LOL! 

What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face? Bought my sister a years supply of Super Noodles. 

Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why? Bad, instead of losing weight I gained weight... Again. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Does the whole trophy image need to be the item on the question or can it be a background item? Imagining you have a trophy image of someone holding a candle or a trophy image of a person using a necklace with a heart shape. Would this type of images count? The object is there, just not the main focus.

In general, a young child (maybe 6-7 years old) should be able to identify your image as whatever you're saying it is, possibly with the extra step of an adult having to explain it to them.

Q2 is more about the candle itself. It needs to look like it could function as a candle. It can be in the background, or someone holding it, etc. Q5 is more about the shapes in general, so anything goes. I've updated those two questions with additional info to reflect this.

Golden rule : If you have to ask because it's a reeaaaaally fringe answer, it's "probably" wrong.

Edited by B1rvine

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

That time when my brother tipped me off to open the biggest present on Christmas eve (opening one present on Xmas eve was tradition).  He whispered it would keep us entertained all night. I did, and it was the NES.  My father looked quizzically at us and asked why I chose that one.  After a pause I said, 'Because bigger is better?'  He laughed, and it took me several more years to get why.

I purchased my nephew a Wii.  I stood outside of a Best Buy at three in the morning on a freezing day to get a number to go back later that day to get a Wii, which were selling out all over.  He's loved video games ever since.

I'm too nice.  No idea why.  The naughtiest thing I did all year was sneak cookies amidst talking about dieting.

• Like 1

What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?

Watching the old 1960s Batman movie and Sharknado with the family.

What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face?

Those mugs where you can put pictures on it. It's always an A+ gift. Pro tip.

Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why?

More nice than naughty. I don't get out much (partially for obvious reasons haha) and I try to be reserved online.

• Like 1

A memory I have that puts a smile on my face is playing the Grinch and Nicktoons Racing on Christmas morning while we waited for my mom and dad to wake up to open presents.

A gift I have given that put a smile on someone else's face was my old neighbor when I got him a ps4.

I've been probably more naughty than nice, but I've tried to be nice at least, because I have tried to avoid people so much all year lol.

• Like 1

Gonna be a bit unoriginal here, but I'd say a fond holiday memory is spending time with my family, putting up the decorations for the Christmas tree and hoping Santa Claus would put the gifts under it the next morning. As for the "naughty or nice" question, maybe a bit too self-indulgent, but I'd say I've been really nice. Sometimes, I may come across as too brash on here (as much as I try to avoid it :P), but the truth is that, IRL, I'm the guy that couldn't even harm a fly more out of sheer incompetence than anything but shh nobody needs to know that.

Thanks for hosting this yet again, Birv! Didn't do so well last year, but let's see if this changes now. :awesome:

• Like 1

First Christmas my husband and I spent together, we got a real Christmas tree (which shall forever be known as the spider tree) and had great fun decorating it, and just having an all round awesome Christmas with lots of home baked goodies

I bought a friend tickets to go and see a musical they were a huge fan of

I'd say I've been fairly nice, spent a lot of the year studying, recovering from surgery and generally just trying to improve myself.  Even at my worst of times I've tried to maintain being kind to people, rather than letting any bad mood vibes get the better of me

• Like 1

What a great opportunity this is, thanks guys for running it, very generous.

The birth of my daughter nearly 5 years ago. I enjoy Christmas, but nothing tops that moment.

I bought a family member a behind the scenes zoo experience where they got to feed, clean, interact and learn about the animals and daily tasks carried out by the zoo keepers. They fully enjoyed it.

The world is on it's arse at the best of times, so I try not to add to it and behave myself where possible.

• Like 1

I love this and I will definitely be participating for the third time! Thank you so much for doing it again; even just participating is so much fun!

I won $10 last year; let’s see if I have some luck this year too. The prizes are way better this year!

I will answer the questions later. Good luck for everyone participating!

• Like 3

Thanks for doing the event!

The first year my wife (then g/f) moved into our house and we put all the presents under the tree for the first time. 
I got my wife a DSLR camera. 
I most def have been nice. I rubbed my wifes feet every night while she was pregnant lol.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

When I gave my sister a WII and my mother played for the first and only time a video game(WII sport). It was everything you can imagine of someone that never played a video game..

I have young kids so pretty much every gift put a smile on their face but if I have to pick one, last year I gave my 3 years old daughter an empty amazon box just to see her reaction. She was really happy and we had a good laugh. 

My mother kept telling me that the box thing was'nt nice, so I guess I was naughty.

• Like 1

When I was a much younger man my lobster captain once let me do Christmas on his docked boat. Nothing could beat an ocean view morning, home grilled bacon/egg breakfast and a pretty girl. I miss being young lol.

2 years ago I gave my niece a picture of a week old Golden Doodle Puppy. She was very pissed off at a cheap present, but was all smiles after I told her she was getting a puppy when it was ready.

I've probably been more naughty than nice this year. Between dragging my buddies into Back 4 Blood and being a pain for poor Grave to deal with, definitely naughty.

• Like 1

Just a quick update for newcomers: 

To make sure nobody gets an advantage, I really don’t want to confirm if answers are correct in DMs, because an answer is on the borderline. As mentioned earlier, “a younger child should agree” with your answer.

If you feel the need to explain a creative answer, or lesser known fact, etc, in your submission, that’s fine.

However, if I’m scratching my head wondering how it’s a correct answer, it’s probably wrong. If it’s so “out there”, but “technically correct” but not in the spirit of things, it’s likely wrong. Example: My first contest I asked about a train, since people put up train sets during holidays. Someone asked if it has to be a “locomotive” train, since the definition of train includes other meanings, such as a pack of camels. That’s the sorta stuff I don’t want.

In general, I’ll try to be lenient. Also note, there’s an appeal process after the results are released.

Above all else, I hope you all have fun with this game!

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3