Holiday Scavenger Hunt Game #3 ($500+ in giveaways)

B1rvine

What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?

-       Back in the day, just opening presents and finally seeing that game you wanted to play for a long time. Then quickly going to my ps3 with my little brother and playing it all evening. 

What’s a gift you’ve given that put a smile on someone else’s face?

-       Giving my Playstation 4 to my little brother when I got the PS4 Pro. He absolutely loved it and is still playing on it to this day.

Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why?

-       I think I have mostly been nice this year. There was not much to do this year but still I have found some time to help my family and some gamers to get some harder trophies. The one naughty thing that I did this year is that I rode my bike without lights in the night.?

• Like 1

• ·         What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?

·         Waiting, shivering in the car after coming home from the relative's Christmas party while mom was inside arranging our "Santa" gifts on the fireplace hearth.  Each of us kids got a big, soft teddy bear with plates of cookies and candy next to each one.  We had the normal toys and PJ's gifts under the tree but, the "Santa" gifts were always an extra bit of love from mom.

•          What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face?

·         When mom's TV failed, my brother's and I risked life and limb in an icy-road Christmas Eve snowstorm to get her a new one... digital with a built in TV guide.  After the "You could've been killed!" scolding, she was so happy with her new modern TV.

•       Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why?

·         Nice:  I've been taking care of mom since her cancer surgery in February.  Thankfully, the 6mo checkup shows they got it all and she's doing great.

Edited by wildkatb
Corrected weird spacing
  • Like 1

Well I wasn't going to join but I think I'll do #1. Back years ago when Borat came out around thanksgiving/christmas my grandma took me to see it since no one else wanted to, even though she hates that kind of thing. It was fine but at the naked fight scene I thought she was about to fall over she was laughing so hard at how crazy and absurd it was. I don't think I've ever seen here lose her shit like that before or after. What was better is that when we got home grandpa asked how it was and grandma just said it was a dumb comedy because I think she was embarrassed how hard she laughed. I've just been thinking about this a lot lately because she finally passed recently after her long fight with various illness. 

• Like 1

What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?

On one of the earlier Christmas that I spent with my partners family we all spent Christmas Eve sat around, watching the TV and having a massive Chinese takeaway.
This might not sound like much but coming from a small family that doesn't do anything special for the season it was nice to have a big, warm and bright atmosphere.

• Like 1

• What holiday memory puts a smile on your face?

When I was a kid my dad used to record us opening presents on Christmas morning.  Every year during the week during/before Christmas (once I was out of school) I would re-watch all these videos, which in and of itself would usually put a smile on my face.  But the singular memory - caught on video, no less - that would always make me smile was when I was 7 and my parents tricked me.  I hated getting clothes for Christmas, and pretty much every family member would give me clothes, whether that be my parents, godmother, aunts, cousins, even older family friends.  I knew the shape of the department store clothing boxes and I'd feel a sense of dread each time I went to open one cause to me it was a non-gift, almost a punishment (keep in mind, I was still a kid back then).  But this one year my mom got a bunch of those boxes and put two ninja turtles characters in each.  I was so shocked when I opened them, but elated to get 'cool' gifts in a fun and unexpected way.  That feeling never went away, no matter how many times I watched those videos.  Of course, my parents never did that again, but to this day, as a grown adult, I still remember that and it always brings a smile to my face.  I, however, still 'trick' my friends and family in the same way, by putting unexpected, fun gifts into unassuming packaging just to surprise them, and have been doing so since I was a teenager.

• What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face?

In the fashion of unexpected gift giving I mentioned above, one year for Christmas I handed my wife a rather unassuming box.  It was the size and shape of a credit card, so my wife assumed it was a gift card, which we often got for each other as picking out physical gifts can be hard online and even harder in retail stores when balancing with busy work schedules.  However, this particular year the card inside was not a gift card, but a trimmed down 3x5 index card which simply said 'Will you marry me?' on it (you see, we were dating at the time).  She was sitting on the couch, and I had naturally knelt down to retrieve the box from under our tiny tree.  I also had a ring in a box in my hand, which she didn't notice as she opened the box with the card in it.  When she looked up at me, still kneeling, I was holding the ring box, which I had opened.  We just celebrated our 8th anniversary 2 weeks ago.

• Honestly, have you been naughty or nice this year, and why?

I haven't been naughty, though I probably wouldn't say I've been nice either.  It's been a long year with everything that's been going on, and I've simply been getting through it.  I doubt I'd make either list.  Santa would probably just eat my cookies and leave behind an ugly Christmas sweater.

I'll work on the answers to the scavenger hunt and send them along when I have time.  I think I did at least one of these in years past, and if memory serves, it was enjoyable.  Regardless of who wins the prizes, thank you for being so generous!  Those prizes are amazing!

• Like 1

What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face

When I gifted my brother-in-law a hand knit quote from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" from Frank, "When I'm, just throw me in the trash." With beautiful flowers, embroidery and all. He got a good laugh and is still up! 

il_794xN.2239299213_p93l.jpg

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

• What's a gift you've given that put a smile on someone else's face?

Not sure if it quite counts as a gift, but I made a terrible cake that put a big smile on my partners face. They are from a country that doesn't traditionally celebrate christmas, so  had never had what I would call christmas cake before. Knowing this I spend hours trying my best to craft something both delicious and beautiful, unfortunately my artistic skills are nonexistent. They could tell how much effort I put into it though and loved it even though it looked bad, was worth it for the smile, plus it was still delicious.

• Like 1