Perfect Explorer 2021

flauschi01

Hello. I know there are a lot of topics like this one, but i can´t figure out how to get all explorer notes because with the command "GiveAllExplorerNotes" my game crashes after 10 seconds. I am playing on PS5 and version 2.68 of ARK. Does anybody know how to avoid these crashes?

Just to make this clear, because it seems to be a thing nobody ever mentions and I always see this misinformation everywhere related to the ARK note trophies: for perfect explorer, you DON'T need the dlc's. No scorched earth, no aberration, no genesis 1 or 2 and no extinction. Just the notes from the base game/The Island map.
I played the game half a year ago and got all notes from The Island, every throphy popped. Haven't used the 'give all notes' command though, I only teleported to the last few notes I couldn't find on my own.
The only trophy where you need a 'dlc' is the 'Survivor of the Center' trophy. But that's a free map, you don't need to pay for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently got my trophy in V2.71;
I got all the notes and files concerning the first 4 middle tabs on The Island to get the "Veteran Paleontologist" and "Master Explorer" trophies, but I did not get "Perfect Explorer". To get the 100%, you'll have to get the ??? and HLN-A notes, but I didn't think about that at the time, so I deleted my save game to try the cheat code thinking I was stuck.

If the game crashes with the "GiveAllExplorerNotes" command, it's because the game makes you interact at the same time with all the notes you don't own (even the ones from the DLC when you didn't buy them), but since you're not supposed to get them all at the same time, the game crashes before you understand that you have all the notes. So you don't have your trophy and since you can't redo the order because you already have all the notes, it blocks you from getting the trophy.
For the command to work, you must have only 1 document left to retrieve, unfortunately with the future updates and potential release of new DLC, the list of documents to invoke is getting longer and longer and therefore the maneuver takes more time (personally it took me 10H), at the moment it is certainly faster to search on the internet for the coordinates of the documents and to teleport than to make the command.

I got my trophy by typing the commands "GiveExplorerNote - " from 2 to 1013 and then when I checked that I had ALL the documents on ALL the maps (except a dinosaur folder of Helena which is the explorer note 1) I entered the command "GiveAllExplorerNotes" and I got my trophy without the game crashing.
WARNING! when you get to the HLN-A documents, the game may crash or the folders may not open automatically. Don't worry, the game gave you the documents anyway, as long as you see the exp bonus counter in the bottom right corner keep increasing it means that the game gave you the document, but this is not the time to use the "GiveAllExplorerNotes" command!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Regarding giveallexplorernotes I manually got most of them with like 10 remaining and then activated the all command, it actually gave me the trophy but 100% is missing, opening my log in the game every note is there, how can i solve this?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScavzYT said:

Regarding giveallexplorernotes I manually got most of them with like 10 remaining and then activated the all command, it actually gave me the trophy but 100% is missing, opening my log in the game every note is there, how can i solve this?

You have to delete your whole save and then enter the required Notes manually. This is the problem, ' Giveall' sounds good I think which is why a lot of advice to avoid it, actually gets avoided! But In the end, it actually wastes more time than it saves unless your're very lucky

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kindajustin said:

So I've typed out the full 725 notes twice and tried the immediate giveall method 4 times. Crashed game 6/6 times. 0 trophies. Anyway to actually get Perfect Explorer or has my profoundly good luck struck again and fucked me?

I know it's a huge pain, but you might have to delete your whole save and re-type them over again.  Not sure if you've been using this already, but @Optinooby has a great guide for all of the notes, where he figured out all of the note numbers you need - it's in this post and he has linked a video guide and a text guide on google docs: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kindajustin said:

So I've typed out the full 725 notes twice and tried the immediate giveall method 4 times. Crashed game 6/6 times. 0 trophies. Anyway to actually get Perfect Explorer or has my profoundly good luck struck again and fucked me?

As @Mesopithecus said, if you look on that thread, you will find everything, you are actually missing some notes still!!

This game is glitchy, especially when using the admin codes, but unfortunately, this problem your encountering is not the games fault, but the fault lies on whatever guide you are following. Why, because you're only typing up to 725, when some of the required Notes are actually above that, this is what you're missing:

Genesis 2 Chronicles #1 (853)

Genesis 2 Chronicles #2 (854)

Genesis 2 Chronicles #3 (855)

Genesis 2 Chronicles #4 (856)

Genesis 2 Chronicles #5 (857)

One more thing is that typing up to 725 will get you the rest, but you are wasting a lot of unnecessary time doing that because only 235 of those 725 notes you typed out are actually all that is required. Because you typed out up to 725 twice, you actually typed out 1000 commands for literally no reason!!

This is the difference between a general casual guide and a fully tested optimal guide.

If you want to know for sure what is required, everything is in that thread linked above. I typed the required Notes along with their code in a Google doc

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 6:51 AM, ObsiEez said:

In order to get the 2 cutscene notes for the ??? category (which one of them I was personally missing). The first entry, "The Island Prologue" unlocks upon starting a new world on The Island. You'll know you got it because you'll have a small cutscene. The second one, "The Island Epilogue" is unlocked after beating the Overseer & seeing the cutscene.

Thank you, this is what I needed for the Perfect Explorer trophy.  Many thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 1:47 AM, BULLBOYS-98 said:

So I just completed this trophy. The way I did it is the giveexplorernote (insert number here) way. The only ones you need at 1-350, 688-690, and 853-857. Then I had to teleport to the Dilo dossier with the setplayerpos -317920 274647 - 39249

Didn't knew what to do after get the first 725 notes and didn't get the trophy. I insert the commands for 853-857 and it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much, dude.