Black-Water Bester

21 minutes ago, Riv1404 said:

How to became tainted? i completed normal playtrought and beraly understands how it works.

Maybe on some mission you can became tainted kill ghost and reload save?

Thank you for your answers in advance

When you see a purple circle, wait for it to return to his ghost, and then let it touch you. Hope it helps :)

• Like 2

I found a reliable method for getting certain ghosts to spawn their purple orb, albeit a bit slow (give or take 20 minutes per run). SPOILER WARNING FOR CHAPTER 10.

This was performed on Easy, just to mention in case the ghosts’ attack behaviours or patterns differ on higher difficulties. I also made sure to fully complete the level each run, just in case. Here’s my method:

Play chapter 10 and run through as much of the beginning as you can (skip the swamp house, run through the Doll Shrine right to the cave, continue to run straight through the cave, arriving at the Folklorist’s House ASAP).

As soon as you enter the house and proceed directly forward, two Shadow-Touched will charge you. Snap them maybe a couple times each with Type-14 Film, and one of them will pop their purple orb. Then you just have to wait and keep dodging them in that main front hallway until they absorb the purple orb and let yourself be attacked, becoming Tainted.

There is a checkpoint soon after this fight further down the hallway, so it helps. Unload on them. Continue to be spirited away to the House of Joining, defeating the two Shrine Maidens as quick as you can. When you’re getting to the end of the level and Rui is with you again, you’ll fight Kazuya. Hit him ONCE with Type-07 and he’ll pop his orb. After that, just keep dodging around the room until he attacks you while Tainted. Another checkpoint immediately follows this fight, securing an easy three per run.

I repeated this ad nauseam tonight. I’d only defeated about four ghosts my entire playthrough up until now while Tainted. So this method proved to repeat itself down to a science. There’s probably way faster methods, but I thought I’d toss this out there for anyone wanting a safer way of going about this (myself kind of sucking at combat in general still).

Edited by SmileSlice
  • Like 2

I found another easy way, from Drop 4. After taking the physical photo in the backyard of the dollhouse, 3 children appear (Shizuma Amaki, Koto Okudera, Yurine Uno) who can be contaminated. Defeating them grants a counter increase of 3 per attempt, for a total of "only" 10 total attempts. It's quite fast to reach that point if you skip all encounters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iSisko87 said:

I found another easy way, from Drop 4. After taking the physical photo in the backyard of the dollhouse, 3 children appear (Shizuma Amaki, Koto Okudera, Yurine Uno) who can be contaminated. Defeating them grants a counter increase of 3 per attempt, for a total of "only" 10 total attempts. It's quite fast to reach that point if you skip all encounters.

After you killed them you finished level or restart chekpoint?

31 minutes ago, Riv1404 said:

After you killed them you finished level or restart chekpoint?

I go for next checkpoint because I'm not sure if restarting from last save reset the counter or not (with ghost hands dodging I'm not able to take the trophy restarting from nearest checkpoint). It would be interesting in knowing if it counts, in that case the grind would be super fast (only 10 attempt).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, iSisko87 said:

I go for next checkpoint because I'm not sure if restarting from last save reset the counter or not (with ghost hands dodging I'm not able to take the trophy restarting from nearest checkpoint). It would be interesting in knowing if it counts, in that case the grind would be super fast (only 10 attempt).

So after killing 3 ghost you go to next save and after you quit mission and restart?

I played on Easy, and even then it goes down quite fast. Starting inventory on Easy is over-generous, so I found I had plenty of stuff to keep healing me while blasting the ghosts with my strongest film (I’d stick to the free Type-07 for most of the episode, except for these encounters when I farmed them for the trophy).

On 03/11/2021 at 3:03 PM, Txustrilla said:

But your health goes down very fast, how can you kill ghosts rapidly when you are tainted?

The health bar stops depleting when it’s at about 5% full, so you won’t actually die if you don’t heal and just focus on the ghosts. I found ghosts tainted me a lot more during my Nightmare run-through a.

I don’t have the trophy personally yet, but I have 2 chapters left and I’ve killed at least 15 throughout Nightmare so far while tainted

On 3.11.2021 at 10:05 AM, iSisko87 said:

This doesn't work very well for me. The children keep strolling around but they don't infect me with this black water thing. Right know it worked one time in an hour of trying. Is there a way to trigger this? Otherwise this will be a very time consuming process. 

On 10/11/2021 at 5:57 PM, Kratos7X_ said:

This doesn't work very well for me. The children keep strolling around but they don't infect me with this black water thing. Right know it worked one time in an hour of trying. Is there a way to trigger this? Otherwise this will be a very time consuming process. 

Try to play on Nightmare difficulty, at the start of the Drop there are 3 more ghosts (only 2 and 3 can taint) so in less than 15 minutes you can get 5 counts. I got it yesterday, after finishing the other trophies, with infinite films upgrade and some mirrorstones, in less than 1 hour :)

Edited by iSisko87

The easier way i found its to farm the Kills on the doll boss in drop 4, they keep respawning and die in One hit, you just have to wait for the purble orb to respawn on the boss and let her grab you and after you can farm all the Kills you need if you can survive the fight, you can ignore the boss and just farm the dolls. I did this on my normal Run but should work on nightmare too, the dolls always die in One hit. Hope it helps someone i found this by accident but the final drop is a good place to farm on nightmare too, the maidens use the instant tainted attack alot, you can farm all the fights with the maidens and the fight with the 2 kazuyas, this ghosts are the easier to get tainted that i found.

• Like 3

On 13/11/2021 at 3:20 AM, Wesker188 said:

The easier way i found its to farm the Kills on the doll boss in drop 4, they keep respawning and die in One hit, you just have to wait for the purble orb to respawn on the boss and let her grab you and after you can farm all the Kills you need if you can survive the fight, you can ignore the boss and just farm the dolls. I did this on my normal Run but should work on nightmare too, the dolls always die in One hit. Hope it helps someone i found this by accident but the final drop is a good place to farm on nightmare too, the maidens use the instant tainted attack alot, you can farm all the fights with the maidens and the fight with the 2 kazuyas, this ghosts are the easier to get tainted that i found.

But how does the purple orb get out?

Edited by Siriodorione

1 hour ago, Siriodorione said:

But how does the purple orb get out?

I realy cant say how, it just came out when i fough her. I think maybe there just a chance for the orb to Spawn i think the 3 kids are the same very rarely it Spawn on them when i played, there are ghost that it Spawn when you hit them. This is just a theory i didnt tested i just found this out farm the dolls and it worked me and post it here. If if helps there is a cheapoint before and after this fight, you can retry the fight to see when the orb Spawn, like i Said it seems that is a bit random.

The garantied way its to replay the last drop on normal/nightmare and get taited by maidens and on the fight ren vs the kazuays they always spawns the orb when you hit them.

Hope it helps and im sorry i dont have more info to Help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I completed the last Drop several times to make the endings, I played easy but I noticed that with the lens that increases the orbs when you hit the ghost there is a high probability that the purple one will come out, I hope it is also valid for Easy because i beat 20 while i was with that purple status.

• 1 month later...

I was dreading this as no one seemed to have a quick way of doing this, but I'm happy to say I found one. During the final level you can get 19 tainted KOs with minimal divergence from the path to the objective, meaning that you can get this trophy done as you're going for all the endings as you have to run the level 4 times. You can set the game to Very Easy also as the KOs on that difficulty count.

1st encounter - Inori Mikomori attacks you with another ghost when you get the chance to take a picture of her and another ghost on the cliff edge. The trick is to lock on to her face and reduce her health to below half as both of those conditions seem to increase the rate of her doing an attack where she raises her hand and taints you (no projectile or anything, you just get tainted if she completes the motion). 2.

2nd encounter - In the forest where the hanging tree is Inori will attack you with another ghost. It is actually possible to skip this encounter if you don't go near their spawn point so make sure you trigger it. 4.

3rd encounter - In the Mire in the northeast of the map you can encounter Inori a third time, again with another ghost. 6.

4th, 5th, and 6th encounters - In the shrine on the water Inori will attack you 3 times in succession, all 3 times backed up by 2 ghosts meaning you can get +3 KOs in each encounter. Just make sure you don't go further in during the encounters because if you hit the point where the next encounter would occur then it despawns the ghosts you're already fighting. 15.

7th encounter - When you have the boss fight with the two old lady ghosts they will commonly spawn purple orbs which if you let them absorb, will then taint you on their next hit. 17.

8th encounter - In the house of joining there is an encounter with 2 boxed men ghosts. Like the old ladies they will commonly spawn a purple orb so they can taint you. 19.

• Like 1