Bugged trophies on this version?

Cynical_Hunter

20 minutes ago, Cynical_Hunter said:

Can anyone confirm that this version has no gliched/bugged trophies? I'm guessing it's too soon to make this question and another question is that if there is any chance that bots matches will be implement soon?

I can't but I support the bots idea after seeing how dead it originally got.

Although I want to play this version I won't until PS4 one is fixed seeing that I'm still way overdue my platinum there, the new update as usual still did nothing it's a joke ? 

I’ve got 3 kills while riding the wrecker and still no trophy. Earnt over 50,000 score too and no trophy for that either. The game is pretty fun though, slightly frustrating but mostly fun. I think I might need to stay on the wrecker, damage someone and have a teammate throw me a ball so I can hit the opponent again. But that requires helpful teammates ? 

I’m playing 3v3 which is the most enjoyable mode I’ve played. Perfect amount of players for the size of the maps. If there’s a ps5 version surely there’s a patch on the way.. or was this done in hope of more micro-transactions.. you can’t pay to win but you can pay for trophies using the in game store to buy required items.. if those trophies aren’t bugged ?

update : 

logged in today and got another kill on the wrecker, trophy unlocked. 
Wreck ‘em.

Edited by FocusDR
Update

For anything that tracks across multiple matches, if you have it unlocked on PS4, as soon as you do one more of that thing, it’ll unlock.

One more KO, one more meter traveled in ballform, one more daily contract completed, one more MVP win, etc.

For anything that’s a one-off, like getting a KO via the trash chute, or gliding from the bandstand to the garden on Rooftop Rumble, or winning a game without throwing a ball, those need to be completed again.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hotshot1209 said:

Definitely buggy. I have the PS4 plat, and the most of the trophies auto-popped, but not my ballform and 250k experience

Do you have any tips you could share about 100km trophy? I still haven't got it on the ps4 version. Edit: I just got it on ps4. Lol

Edited by dylan900

Adding my experience: trophies are still buggy as hell, even having the PS4 version plat.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to making these ones pop if you've already met the requirements. I got the 30 crew contracts one but not the 100 daily contracts. I got the 1000 KOs and 1000 catches trophies, but not the ones for 1000 assists or 100 ultimate throws.

There are also stage-specific trophies that were buggy on PS4 and are still buggy on PS5. I've done the gliding on Rooftop Rumble like 10 times and no trophy, had the same issue on PS4.

What's worse is it looks like they haven't bothered to add tracking data in the trophy list so I can't even get an idea of what the game thinks I've done. I was hoping the PS5 version would have this, like other PS5 games do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CdotB_ said:

Adding my experience: trophies are still buggy as hell, even having the PS4 version plat.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to making these ones pop if you've already met the requirements. I got the 30 crew contracts one but not the 100 daily contracts. I got the 1000 KOs and 1000 catches trophies, but not the ones for 1000 assists or 100 ultimate throws.

There are also stage-specific trophies that were buggy on PS4 and are still buggy on PS5. I've done the gliding on Rooftop Rumble like 10 times and no trophy, had the same issue on PS4.

What's worse is it looks like they haven't bothered to add tracking data in the trophy list so I can't even get an idea of what the game thinks I've done. I was hoping the PS5 version would have this, like other PS5 games do.

I was not expecting a trophy tracker. They are way too lazy and don‘t care. Not one single update did ANYTHING trophy wise. If I had known that the PS5 version was the same kind of mess I would not even bother attempting to plat it again. 

1 hour ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey all, Velan dev here. A few things!

[...] 

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Velan has been refreshingly communicative from the start (though tbh this is the first time I've seen trophies/achievements discussed by anyone from the team).

My frustration is mostly the inconsistency of it, where similar trophies may or may not pop for no apparent reason. Hoping it gets fixed soon, and looking forward to season 4!

On 11/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, Cynical_Hunter said:

Can anyone confirm that this version has no gliched/bugged trophies? I'm guessing it's too soon to make this question and another question is that if there is any chance that bots matches will be implement soon?

My first five or so matches on PS5 were with bots. It made getting good progress in Overwhelming Victory very simple, I only had to do a few rounds with real people to get it.

Yeah, the trophies are still beyond glitchy, and seemingly pop for absolutely no reason. I got one of the map trophies when I wasn't even playing on that map... but when I actually do a trophy correctly, it doesn't pop.

Remember when they said in May that the "trophies will be fixed in the next patch"? Well, we've had 2 seasons since then, a whole new list and they're still as crap as ever lol. Why lie?

8 hours ago, Mattiechuu said:

Yeah, the trophies are still beyond glitchy, and seemingly pop for absolutely no reason. I got one of the map trophies when I wasn't even playing on that map... but when I actually do a trophy correctly, it doesn't pop.

Remember when they said in May that the "trophies will be fixed in the next patch"? Well, we've had 2 seasons since then, a whole new list and they're still as crap as ever lol. Why lie?

We did fix a bunch of trophies back at launch, and since then! Some examples:

* Trophy progress doesn’t unlock for trial accounts, and there was a bug that was misattributing which accounts are trial accounts vs paid accounts.

* A handful of iffy trigger trophies, like throwing a ticking bomb into a tube.

* If you joined a match in progress, it wasn’t counting progress toward trophies (or contracts in general).

As I said above, we still kept seeing issues after solving these (and more), so we went back to the drawing board and decided to reimplement contracts (and by proxy, trophies) from scratch. It’s a process that takes time, but we’re getting there.

To suggest that we’ve done literally nothing on this since launch is just not true.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

We did fix a bunch of trophies back at launch, and since then! Some examples:

* Trophy progress doesn’t unlock for trial accounts, and there was a bug that was misattributing which accounts are trial accounts vs paid accounts.

* A handful of iffy trigger trophies, like throwing a ticking bomb into a tube.

* If you joined a match in progress, it wasn’t counting progress toward trophies (or contracts in general).

As I said above, we still kept seeing issues after solving these (and more), so we went back to the drawing board and decided to reimplement contracts (and by proxy, trophies) from scratch. It’s a process that takes time, but we’re getting there.

To suggest that we’ve done literally nothing on this since launch is just not true.

The way it was said, the trophies were all supposed to be fixed in that patch, not just one or two. What about the other "iffy" trophies? All the ones on Galaxy Burger are glitched beyond all reason, same as Rooftop Rumble. These should be priority, since you only have to do one thing in one map to trigger them. Nothing to do with contracts as there are none involving them. But still, we wait, nearly 6 months after the fact.

Then you get onto contracts, which is such a core part of the games progression system, and how they just seemingly reset at will? You guys are spewing out the microtransactions but when it comes to actually fixing things, it seems you can't be bothered because fixes can't be monetized. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattiechuu said:

The way it was said, the trophies were all supposed to be fixed in that patch, not just one or two. What about the other "iffy" trophies? All the ones on Galaxy Burger are glitched beyond all reason, same as Rooftop Rumble. These should be priority, since you only have to do one thing in one map to trigger them. Nothing to do with contracts as there are none involving them. But still, we wait, nearly 6 months after the fact.

Then you get onto contracts, which is such a core part of the games progression system, and how they just seemingly reset at will? You guys are spewing out the microtransactions but when it comes to actually fixing things, it seems you can't be bothered because fixes can't be monetized. 

I kind of agree with you man it did feel misleading and I am very against the fact that the ps5 version was brought out while the PS4 one was still ridden with bugs that seemingly have a knock on effect to ps5 ? I just wish games as a whole were not rushed and so broken nowadays.

• Like 1

Different people are working on cosmetics vs trophies and contracts vs the PS5 version. Things happen in parallel, and different teams are best suited for different tasks.

As far as the note from a while ago, we *did* think everything was fixed with them when we fixed the issue around trial accounts, as that was affecting trophies across the board. I know it’s frustrating to still have issues, but I do feel good about the upcoming fix in Season 4 (not sure if it’ll be in 4.0 or 4.1 at this point) actually fixing the rest of the issues with the progression / grindable ones.

For ones like Galaxy Burger, those have been resurfaced because of the new wave of folks trying to unlock, and I did escalate those.

Ultimately, we’re a small indie studio, and these things take time. This game wasn’t “rushed” (It was in development for four years before release! We developed our own game engine to make it since nothing else on the market did what we needed!), and a lot of these issues were things that were not reproducible in dev environments. But it’s a live game, and we’ll keep working to improve it! We’ve got a long plan for the future of this game, and feedback on what’s working and what’s not working is legitimately helpful.

On 7.11.2021 at 4:20 AM, DishwasherSafe said:

My first five or so matches on PS5 were with bots. It made getting good progress in Overwhelming Victory very simple, I only had to do a few rounds with real people to get it.

How the hell did you get in a bot game?