Benca27

Starhawk Server Restoration

27 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I never played Starhawk, but I support any projects that restore discontinued servers.

How many servers that got restored? 

23 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

Hi, you might remember me from Starhawk, I am Benca27! I’m currently doing a petition to show THALhammer from the PSONE Team that there is still interest in the game so that he may consider Developing working servers again! He already has got Warhawk up and running online and it has an active playerbase currently. Their website is here: https://www.psone.online/home   |  The petition here: https://www.change.org/p/bring-back-the-starhawk-multiplayer | PSONE Discord: https://discord.gg/cu44QQrnZd He recently did an AMA on Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/m4bbhb/comment/gqtp9n4/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 explaining how he got the Warhawk servers working again, and can do it for Starhawk if there is enough support for it! If you could please sign and share that would mean a lot to our community to get together on the game again! Thank you!

I sign the petition and gave you some rep points. Good luck everyone 🍻

Edited by GrantVernonHart
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrantVernonHart said:

How many servers that got restored?

 

Besides Warhawk, a half-dozen or more games were resurrected through the GoneSpy project.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although if it is like warhawk, it won't be allowed to earn trophies on it since warhawk isn't open source

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Although if it is like warhawk, it won't be allowed to earn trophies on it since warhawk isn't open source

Trophies are still obtainable and the Platinum is still obtainable with working servers. I'm actually working on getting the Warhawk platinum currently with friends I met from both games over 10+ years ago. Though the gentleman that is making it work does frown upon boosting, I don't personally support it either. This project is about getting the game to a working and playable state again, trophies or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

Trophies are still obtainable and the Platinum is still obtainable with working servers. I'm actually working on getting the Warhawk platinum currently with friends I met from both games over 10+ years ago. Though the gentleman that is making it work does frown upon boosting, I don't personally support it either. This project is about getting the game to a working and playable state again, trophies or not.

 

Cool. Just because you think it's allowed on this site, doesn't make it true. The CRT have repeatedly claimed in the past that open source servers are allowed (CRT will review and make sure no changes to trophy earning are applied). 

 

You're more than free to earn the trophies, but don't be surprised when you get removed from the leaderboards if you use servers that aren't approved. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

 

Cool. Just because you think it's allowed on this site, doesn't make it true. The CRT have repeatedly claimed in the past that open source servers are allowed (CRT will review and make sure no changes to trophy earning are applied). 

 

You're more than free to earn the trophies, but don't be surprised when you get removed from the leaderboards if you use servers that aren't approved. 

Thank you for the info, I was missinformed and apologies If this topic is unwelcomed here. I'm assuming this applies to other games too just like the ones restored through GoneSpy as mentioned above?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Benca27 said:

Thank you for the info, I was missinformed and apologies If this topic is unwelcomed here. I'm assuming this applies to other games too just like the ones restored through GoneSpy as mentioned above?

I wouldn't say it's unwelcome, far from it. Due to the site's rules I will not use the service, unless it's open source but that doesn't mean it's not a great addition. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would just love to play the game, hell, I might boot it up on an alt account. Restoring game servers or even game preservation is a great cause, so you got my signature.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

Thank you for the info, I was missinformed and apologies If this topic is unwelcomed here. I'm assuming this applies to other games too just like the ones restored through GoneSpy as mentioned above?


The topic is more than welcome here, just not the implication or statement that trophies are allowed here. Any trophies earned on a custom server before approval by the Cheater Removers following their rules for custom servers or earned on an unapproved server will be flagged and accounts will be flagged and removed from the leaderboard until the trophies are hidden. 
 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:


The topic is more than welcome here, just not the implication or statement that trophies are allowed here. Any trophies earned on a custom server before approval by the Cheater Removers following their rules for custom servers or earned on an unapproved server will be flagged and accounts will be flagged and removed from the leaderboard until the trophies are hidden. 
 

 

This was very helpful to me, thank you for the information!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

Though the gentleman that is making it work does frown upon boosting, I don't personally support it either. This project is about getting the game to a working and playable state again, trophies or not.

 

Get your guy to make the project open source so the community can enjoy it to the fullest.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The responsible gives permaban on whoever is caught boosting, so be warned in case you want Warhawk platinum. Boosting is considered an illegitimate way to play and ruin other players game Sessions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

 

Get your guy to make the project open source so the community can enjoy it to the fullest.

Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns, the service will not be Open Source. From their PSONE Discord FAQs and I Quote: "Are you open source?
No, we will never open source our code. Server codes in an untrusty hands, can lead to your personal information leaked. 
-Client IP Address during a connection
-User ingame name
-User region/language at a country basis
-Unique Console ID (PSID)
-User ingame data (Messages, clans, etc.)"

So it looks under these means, trophies will indeed be unattainable through this program.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This world it's great because people like you exist, thanks i will support any game with closed servers, the legacy needs to be alive

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

So it looks under these means, trophies will indeed be unattainable through this program.

they will not be unattainable, they will just be prohibited on this specific website. anyone who normally plays through the server can still get trophies, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

they will not be unattainable, they will just be prohibited on this specific website. anyone who normally plays through the server can still get trophies, right?

This is correct. You will still be flagged on this website, but trophies can and will be earned through a viable working server for the game(s).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

No, we will never open source our code. Server codes in an untrusty hands, can lead to your personal information leaked. 

 

So instead of my friends trusting me with my server, everyone has to trust this individual we don't know? I'm sure you can see the irony there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns, the service will not be Open Source. From their PSONE Discord FAQs and I Quote: "Are you open source?
No, we will never open source our code. Server codes in an untrusty hands, can lead to your personal information leaked. 
-Client IP Address during a connection
-User ingame name
-User region/language at a country basis
-Unique Console ID (PSID)
-User ingame data (Messages, clans, etc.)"

So it looks under these means, trophies will indeed be unattainable through this program.

 

Arf, got my hopes up for a second 😒

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Helyx said:

 

So instead of my friends trusting me with my server, everyone has to trust this individual we don't know? I'm sure you can see the irony there.

I do see it, but in this case I plead I am merely the messenger. This is a group of people in collaboration, with each one having a specialty in each game they work on (i.e. Warhawk, PlayStation Home, SOCOM, WipEout and Twisted Metal). By any means I do hope that this game will become playable again for people who have played in the past, or have yet to experience such an underrated gem from 2012.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restore Test Drive Unlimited 2/ Ghostbusters 2009/ Heroes over Europe/ Lotr Conquest 2009/ Mag/ fear 2 servers :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care they succed or not; at least you tried okay, keep your expectation low or you will be disappoint.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.